Lena and Igor

Siberia to Separate from Russia to become Part of the USA

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I know some people from Omsk and Krasnoyarsk - they are a lot more patriotic than people in many European Russian areas. So I call the article BS.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I know some people from Omsk and Krasnoyarsk - they are a lot more patriotic than people in many European Russian areas. So I call the article BS.

There's a Russian joke. Many of us have seen the KGB building in Moscow. The joke is: "The KGB building has the farthest view. Once you go inside, you will see Siberia!"

Edited by visaveteran1

Pravda has always been bs since it's days of inception when it was a Bolshevik rag for Lenin and his butchers. You do know why Tsar Putin has Oblast governors appointed and not elected like they were in Yeltsin's time yes? Siberia and Russia Far East didn't want to tow the Kremlin line. They were tired of the same old Moscow bs including their governors which were elected by majority.

http://the-diplomat.com/2011/06/22/china-looms-over-russia-far-east/

China Looms Over Russian Far East

June 22, 2011

http://www.npr.org/2012/01/13/144969204/in-russias-far-east-a-frayed-link-to-moscow

In Russia's Far East, A Frayed Link To Moscow

January 13, 2012

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,761033,00.html

China's Growing Interests in Siberia

05/06/2011

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

i'm from Kolyma, was born and raised there and let me tell you, about 80% of gold and silver mines are ran and invested in by Americans (specifically from Alaska), the other 20% belongs to Germans haha, so most of the resources that are being mined there are being exported or sold to the US. i don't know if you would consider Kolyma as a part of Siberia, but it's a Far East for sure.

event.png

i'm from Kolyma, was born and raised there and let me tell you, about 80% of gold and silver mines are ran and invested in by Americans (specifically from Alaska), the other 20% belongs to Germans haha, so most of the resources that are being mined there are being exported or sold to the US. i don't know if you would consider Kolyma as a part of Siberia, but it's a Far East for sure.

Those are actually Canadian companies. Alaska Gold, Nova Gold, etc... all Canadian. All our gold, nickel, etc...in Alaska is mined by Canadian companies. They use Alaska names so the locals here don't go ballistic. A few years ago I helped construct a ball mill at a mine and most of the workers there were Canadians, Australians, and South Africans. :angry:

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Those are actually Canadian companies. Alaska Gold, Nova Gold, etc... all Canadian. All our gold, nickel, etc...in Alaska is mined by Canadian companies. They use Alaska names so the locals here don't go ballistic. A few years ago I helped construct a ball mill at a mine and most of the workers there were Canadians, Australians, and South Africans. :angry:

on the second thought, you are right about them being Canadian, that slipped my mind, but you are right.. either way, the point is that Russia's mining companies are ran by foreign investors almost 100% of the time.. all of the resources pretty much belong to them.. russians just claim the territory and that's all

event.png

on the second thought, you are right about them being Canadian, that slipped my mind, but you are right.. either way, the point is that Russia's mining companies are ran by foreign investors almost 100% of the time.. all of the resources pretty much belong to them.. russians just claim the territory and that's all

It's the same here. I like the people from that neck of the woods. I worked at Sakhalin Island, and spent a few weeks in Magadan and those peole were totally cool....other than the few who tried to rip us off...but it happens. My wife's uncle lives in Vladivostok and he's about as cool as it gets. He used to import cars until Tsar Putin put an end to that with the taxes but he made a killing. He speaks perfect English and passes himself off as an American at bars and that guy has more pick up lines than Iv'e ever seen. He's the one who gave me a bachelor party that I'l never forget. He's not allowed to speak to me anymore now unless the wife is there. :(

If Russia Far East was a part of the US it would make a killing. It would be like here in Alaska. Those people would have oil money up the ####### and be living a heck of a lot better than they are now. Between Alaska and Russia Far East...those two regions would run this country. B-)

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

It's the same here. I like the people from that neck of the woods. I worked at Sakhalin Island, and spent a few weeks in Magadan and those peole were totally cool....other than the few who tried to rip us off...but it happens. My wife's uncle lives in Vladivostok and he's about as cool as it gets. He used to import cars until Tsar Putin put an end to that with the taxes but he made a killing. He speaks perfect English and passes himself off as an American at bars and that guy has more pick up lines than Iv'e ever seen. He's the one who gave me a bachelor party that I'l never forget. He's not allowed to speak to me anymore now unless the wife is there. :(

If Russia Far East was a part of the US it would make a killing. It would be like here in Alaska. Those people would have oil money up the ####### and be living a heck of a lot better than they are now. Between Alaska and Russia Far East...those two regions would run this country. B-)

you said Magadan and my heart dropped ahah, it's my home town and i love it! though the weather is brutal and summers are short, i'm proud to be from there, i would give everything for Magadan to be a part of US aha, no kidding, i love it that much.. we have everything from gold to salmon.. anything! a lot of people from Magadan immigrated to Alaska, in fact my history teacher from School back home had just moved to Anchorage this passed summer because she won a green card lottery lol.

but as u might have noticed, most of the cars that people drive in Magadan are Japanese, it's normal for us to have a right-hand drive car.. but by the looks of what you just said, that's gonna be no more :(

event.png

you said Magadan and my heart dropped ahah, it's my home town and i love it! though the weather is brutal and summers are short, i'm proud to be from there, i would give everything for Magadan to be a part of US aha, no kidding, i love it that much.. we have everything from gold to salmon.. anything! a lot of people from Magadan immigrated to Alaska, in fact my history teacher from School back home had just moved to Anchorage this passed summer because she won a green card lottery lol.

but as u might have noticed, most of the cars that people drive in Magadan are Japanese, it's normal for us to have a right-hand drive car.. but by the looks of what you just said, that's gonna be no more :(

Magadan is Anchorage, Alaska's sister city. There used to be direct flights from Anchorage to Magadan via Aeroflot. We have two Russian teachers here at the university...she is from St. Petersburg and her husband Victor is from Magadan. Funny thing is she teaches English and Spanish at the university here. :lol: My wife goes to church with them but most of the Russians living here are "Old Faith", but more and more Russians are moving here. In fact Wasilla, Alaska has three Russian churches. Old Faith of course, the newer faith Russian Orthodox Church, and now the former FSU people living here built there own Russian speaking protestant church. They got in a p*ssing match with the priest at the ROC church and said "fck it" and built their own church. Services are done in Russian with an English translator for the kids who don't speak Russian so well. It has people from Russia, Ukraine, Kazahks, ...you name it...even a few Bulgarians. And a mile down the road is a Russian food store with Russian movies.

It's like Russia is taking back Alaska slowly but surely. :unsure:

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

Magadan is Anchorage, Alaska's sister city. There used to be direct flights from Anchorage to Magadan via Aeroflot. We have two Russian teachers here at the university...she is from St. Petersburg and her husband Victor is from Magadan. Funny thing is she teaches English and Spanish at the university here. :lol: My wife goes to church with them but most of the Russians living here are "Old Faith", but more and more Russians are moving here. In fact Wasilla, Alaska has three Russian churches. Old Faith of course, the newer faith Russian Orthodox Church, and now the former FSU people living here built there own Russian speaking protestant church. They got in a p*ssing match with the priest at the ROC church and said "fck it" and built their own church. Services are done in Russian with an English translator for the kids who don't speak Russian so well. It has people from Russia, Ukraine, Kazahks, ...you name it...even a few Bulgarians. And a mile down the road is a Russian food store with Russian movies.

yeah they stopped flying those planes they year i came over here, so i had to make a round-the-world trip just to get back home.. where i live, there are no russians whatsoever.. oh well..

is there anything like "Brighton beach" over there ahah? i can only imagine how many russians are over there,because seems like every green card lottery winner gets sent to alaska lol

event.png

Timeline

lol @ that statement.. id like to visit alaska and see for myself, but from the looks of it, it's like Magadan but with McDonalds :). but when i watched sarah palin's alaska on TLC, it reminded me of home.. i'm sure you know what im talking about since you've been to Magadan.

event.png

yeah they stopped flying those planes they year i came over here, so i had to make a round-the-world trip just to get back home.. where i live, there are no russians whatsoever.. oh well..

is there anything like "Brighton beach" over there ahah? i can only imagine how many russians are over there,because seems like every green card lottery winner gets sent to alaska lol

How did you end up in Kentucky? Iv'e been there once before but those people don't speak proper English...southerners. I couldn't understand a few of them when I was there.

Nothing like Brighton Beach here...most of the Russians here that Iv'e met are from Eastern or Southern Russia. Brighton Beach got all the mafia criminal types from Western Russia and Eastern Ukraine. Other than the Old Faith Russians here...who have been here for a few hundred years, Russian speaking people here don't really seperate themselves from everyone else. We all kind of just blend in together. Most of the guys I worked with at Sakhalin were Alaskans and a lot of them married women from Russia. Now when you go to a high school hockey game, football game, etc... you hear a lot of Russian being spoken in the stands from the "Russian Hockey Moms" as we call them here.

Here's an example...

My wife and I live in Western Alaska near the Bering Sea (Dillingham) but my parents live in Wasilla, Alaska near Anchorage...which is like Little Russia. So anyways we fly over there to visit my parents and I take my wife to visit a friend of mine who married a Russian gal when he was working at Sakhalin. They invited another couple over ...which happens to be another guy that is married to a Russian gal (Sakhalin again) and they brought friends with them who were a Russian couple from Eastern Russia that immigrated here. We decided to have a barbecue and bonfire ...middle of winter mind you and it was around 0 degrees outside ...but you would have thought you were in Russia or Belarus at the time. More Russian was being spoken there than English. :lol:

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

How did you end up in Kentucky? Iv'e been there once before but those people don't speak proper English...southerners. I couldn't understand a few of them when I was there.

Nothing like Brighton Beach here...most of the Russians here that Iv'e met are from Eastern or Southern Russia. Brighton Beach got all the mafia criminal types from Western Russia and Eastern Ukraine. Other than the Old Faith Russians here...who have been here for a few hundred years, Russian speaking people here don't really seperate themselves from everyone else. We all kind of just blend in together. Most of the guys I worked with at Sakhalin were Alaskans and a lot of them married women from Russia. Now when you go to a high school hockey game, football game, etc... you hear a lot of Russian being spoken in the stands from the "Russian Hockey Moms" as we call them here.

Here's an example...

My wife and I live in Western Alaska near the Bering Sea (Dillingham) but my parents live in Wasilla, Alaska near Anchorage...which is like Little Russia. So anyways we fly over there to visit my parents and I take my wife to visit a friend of mine who married a Russian gal when he was working at Sakhalin. They invited another couple over ...which happens to be another guy that is married to a Russian gal (Sakhalin again) and they brought friends with them who were a Russian couple from Eastern Russia that immigrated here. We decided to have a barbecue and bonfire ...middle of winter mind you and it was around 0 degrees outside ...but you would have thought you were in Russia or Belarus at the time. More Russian was being spoken there than English. :lol:

i was an exchange student to begin with and i came back to go to school, then stopped going to school ,met my now husband and the rest is history ahaha. i love kentucky, aint nothing like appalachia lol. funny that you said that they don't even speak english, because now, when i hear someone from new jersey or massachusetts speak, i think that they sound funny ahah.

is wassilla a small town? does everyone know sarah palin there? lol sorry, but i had to ask.

i actually enjoy not having any russians around, if i wanted to be around them, i would have stayed home lol.. when i go to tennessee and meet some russians, i speak to them for a couple minutes and that is just it...

down where i live, we have a lot of mexicans and that's it, havent met anyone from any other countries. i like weather here, way different from Magadan.. we just had our second snow of the winter the other day.

Edited by MariyaB

event.png

i was an exchange student to begin with and i came back to go to school, then stopped going to school ,met my now husband and the rest is history ahaha. i love kentucky, aint nothing like appalachia lol. funny that you said that they don't even speak english, because now, when i hear someone from new jersey or massachusetts speak, i think that they sound funny ahah.

is wassilla a small town? does everyone know sarah palin there? lol sorry, but i had to ask.

i actually enjoy not having any russians around, if i wanted to be around them, i would have stayed home lol.. when i go to tennessee and meet some russians, i speak to them for a couple minutes and that is just it...

down where i live, we have a lot of mexicans and that's not, havent met anyone from any other countries. i like weather here, way different from Magadan.. we just had our send snow of the winter the other day.

People from New England area...Boston, etc.. don't have the letter "R" in their alphabet. Their another bunch that can't speak right. Kentucky does look nice, and it has better weather than here...but I'm not so much on the humidity they have back east. Here it's dry and cold and easy to breathe. The tree's here aren't big and It looks just like Eastern Russia.

Wasilla is pretty good size...they have a super Walmart, Best Buy, Costco, Sears, etc... everything there is pretty new. It's grown fast so it's a little crazy. And ya I know Sarah Palin...I'm renting this place were living in atm from her mother in law. Her in laws live here in Dillingham, but I knew her husband Todd from Prudhoe Bay (work), her sister in law from the bar I used to frequent (her sister in law is a gaint meth head now) and I saw Sarah plenty of times at the grocery store in Wasilla when I lived in Big Lake...which is right up the road from Wasilla. Were moving back to Big Lake as soon as my wife finishes her schooling here for her dental thing. She's on contract until next winter and then it's back to civilization for us. :dance:

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

People from New England area...Boston, etc.. don't have the letter "R" in their alphabet. Their another bunch that can't speak right. Kentucky does look nice, and it has better weather than here...but I'm not so much on the humidity they have back east. Here it's dry and cold and easy to breathe. The tree's here aren't big and It looks just like Eastern Russia.

Wasilla is pretty good size...they have a super Walmart, Best Buy, Costco, Sears, etc... everything there is pretty new. It's grown fast so it's a little crazy. And ya I know Sarah Palin...I'm renting this place were living in atm from her mother in law. Her in laws live here in Dillingham, but I knew her husband Todd from Prudhoe Bay (work), her sister in law from the bar I used to frequent (her sister in law is a gaint meth head now) and I saw Sarah plenty of times at the grocery store in Wasilla when I lived in Big Lake...which is right up the road from Wasilla. Were moving back to Big Lake as soon as my wife finishes her schooling here for her dental thing. She's on contract until next winter and then it's back to civilization for us. :dance:

ha i didn't wanna say anything about civilization, i didnt wanna be rude, but hey, i live in SE KY.. it's not very civilized either, but we do have Walmart lol. especially comparing to magadan, it's a huge city comparing to our little town here.

thats crazy that you know sarah palin ahah, where we live, it's a total bible belt, so most of the people are republicans and they loooove her :S

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.