Mike and Thanh

I-175 receipt notice, now what?

9 posts in this topic

I filed a I-751 for my wife no too long ago. I received a notice from the USCIS stating the receipt notice date as: 11/08/2011. On that letter, it said that her conditional resident status is extended for a period of one year. Can she travel back to Vietnam with this as proof on her extension? Or does she have to wait until she gets her new green card? In that letter, it said that she will be receiving an Application Support Center(ASC) appointment for her biometrics. We still didn't receive anything yet? How long is the usual wait time? Also, curiously on that letter, it said if she hasn't already done so, she should provide supporting documents to assist USCIS in processing this petition and also to include a copy of this receipt notice with any supporting documents. I don't understand this. Supporting documents? Like the ones I sent in already? Also, why do I need to send in a copy of this receipt notice? Makes no sense. Someone please enlighten me. Thanks.

Btw, how do I suppose to get through the USCIS phone number? I called and each time I got an automated system. There was no live person to speak to option.

Edited by Mike and Thanh

You got your receipt notice in November, and you haven't received your biometrics appointment yet? This is way out of the normal time frame. You need to call USCIS to make sure this wasn't lost in the mail.

All of the receipt letters say that about sending in documentation. If you've already sent it, like most people do, it's nothing you have to worry about.

I would be concerned about the lack of bio notice though.

24q38dy.jpg

The thing is how to get through to USCIS? Like I said, I called but all I got was an automated message telling me to press some numbers. There was no live person option to press. I even waited for the all the options to be said and like some other places if I don't press, it would transfer me to a live person. That didn't happen.

can someone please answer my question? how can contact uscis? as i said, i called and all i got was an automated system. how do you get through to the live person?

The thing is how to get through to USCIS? Like I said, I called but all I got was an automated message telling me to press some numbers. There was no live person option to press. I even waited for the all the options to be said and like some other places if I don't press, it would transfer me to a live person. That didn't happen.

You have to wait until an option is available that says "" if you wish to speak to an agent..." You probably gave up too early on those automated options that correspond a number.

Since you (and I, yes I am too) are way pass the biometrics appointment scheduling processing time, You will need to speak to an agent so they can give you a reference number that would mean you have called them, and VSC will probably going to dig your file and resurface it. I have called them 3 times in separate occasion and all they told me is to WAIT, send an email to the email address they gave me to follow up my own case. :angry:

Now, they have given me this direct email to follow up VSC, BUT, you have to call them first and get a reference code before you send an email to this email address (that is how I was told). email is, VSC.NCSCFollowup@uscis.dhs.gov if within 21 days, you didn't receive anything from them., call them again.

I have been waiting for my biometrics appointment over 2 months now, and I haven't heard anything from USCIS since I received my NOA.

The NOA you received for your wife will serve as an extension of her expired green card for 1 year, and YES! she can travel outside of the US and come back with no problems.

I just got back from a trip to the Philippines, (didn't have my biometrics done) with only the NOA and expired GC with me. I never had problems on coming back.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

an update: i called uscis last friday which was jan 6th. i told them my wife never receive the biometric letter. they put in a notice in their system saying that we never receive the biometric letter. they said to wait about 15 days if the uscis hasn't contact us about this matter to call them again. well, the biometric letter arrived today. either that notice to the uscis from the lady i talked to had such a fast reply or it could be that it just took a bit longer than normal for us. a friend of mine told me that it could be delayed until now because of the thanksgiving and then christmas holidays. who knows.

cutie: hope you will receive yours in the mail soon.

UPDATE too:

I finally received my Biometrics letter today. :thumbs: Whew!

It's receipt date was 1/6/2011

BIOMETRICS SCHEDULE will be on 1/24 @ 11am.

I'm hoping not to encounter any problems. Fingers crossed.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

my wife's biometrics is schedule for jan 31st at 3pm. it should go smoothly, so don't worry. that how it was when she first applied for a green card and got her biometrics. it was pretty quick, in and out within half an hour.

i noticed your local uscis office is in new orleans? i'm from new orleans as well, to be specific, in the westbank.

Edited by Mike and Thanh

my wife's biometrics is schedule for jan 31st at 3pm. it should go smoothly, so don't worry. that how it was when she first applied for a green card and got her biometrics. it was pretty quick, in and out within half an hour.

i noticed your local uscis office is in new orleans? i'm from new orleans as well, to be specific, in the westbank.

I am not from Nola. its just the local office. I am in Lafayette area.

That's why it took quite sometime, because we both have the same slow freakin service center and local office too.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.