je & wyn

sputum culture passers in st.luke's manila,philippines: who reschedules interview appointment???

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance is schedule to call slec on tue (jan10) for his sputum test results believing he will receive the good news of a negative result as per experiences of other members that if you don't receive a call from slec after the 7th week its almost certain that its negative. My question is:

1.who will reshedule the interview? Slec or us?

Our noa2 approval have an expiration dated jan.22, 2012...what if there is no more slot for interview before the expiration of our noa2, do I need to email usem and notify them?

3.if its slec who will reschedule the interview was it done during the immunization day? Will slec give my fiance the appointment letter?

Thank you so much in advance to all who could be able to contribute their answers. Its been a very tough 8 weeks everyday we been praying that slec will not call, but thank god for all the patience bestowed upon us to carry thru we are done with all anxiety days of the sputum culture. Its tough. But the spiritual rewards is so amazing. To all who are still on their journey with the sputum culture...prayers makes wonders...don't loose your faith.

God bless everyone!!!

My fiance is schedule to call slec on tue (jan10) for his sputum test results believing he will receive the good news of a negative result as per experiences of other members that if you don't receive a call from slec after the 7th week its almost certain that its negative. My question is:

Our noa2 approval have an expiration dated jan.22, 2012...what if there is no more slot for interview before the expiration of our noa2, do I need to email usem and notify them?

3.if its slec who will reschedule the interview was it done during the immunization day? Will slec give my fiance the appointment letter?

Thank you so much in advance to all who could be able to contribute their answers. Its been a very tough 8 weeks everyday we been praying that slec will not call, but thank god for all the patience bestowed upon us to carry thru we are done with all anxiety days of the sputum culture. Its tough. But the spiritual rewards is so amazing. To all who are still on their journey with the sputum culture...prayers makes wonders...don't loose your faith.

God bless everyone!!!

From our experience, you'll need to reschedule the interview yourself.

As for the expiration date, don't worry, when you call the embassy to reschedule, let them know about your expiration date and they'll give you an extension.

Just wait to make sure your result is negative before calling the embassy to reschedule. While it's almost certain to be negative, there have been times when it was positive. When you call for your results, you might ask if you can go ahead and reschedule your interview. Maybe they'll let you know the results over the phone like they did for us.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have read posts on here of St. Luke's rescheduling the interview, and they seem to get them rather quickly. I would have your fiance direct this question to the doctors at St. Lukes.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

From our experience, you'll need to reschedule the interview yourself.

As for the expiration date, don't worry, when you call the embassy to reschedule, let them know about your expiration date and they'll give you an extension.

Just wait to make sure your result is negative before calling the embassy to reschedule. While it's almost certain to be negative, there have been times when it was positive. When you call for your results, you might ask if you can go ahead and reschedule your interview. Maybe they'll let you know the results over the phone like they did for us.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

thank so much for your quick reply. yeah i actually don't intend to reschedule yet, i will certainly wait for the actual result on tues and his immunization done before i reschedule him. but a certain part of your reply caught my attention much wherein u mention that there are certain times that sputum culture still came out positive even after the 8 week window is done??? do you know of anyone or other members here in vj who was inform by slec on a positive result of their sputum test upon calling them on their scheduled date to call and after the eight weeks waiting time????? as far as i know most members here in vj who unfortunately had a positive result received a call from slec way before the 8 weeks period for the intention of treating right away and avoid infecting others, i never heard or read of other experiences of vj members posting a positive result after the 8th weeks waiting, it would be interesting to read the case if u can share or give a link of somebody who had that experiences for other members info as well.thanks again and god bless!!!

Timeline

I have read posts on here of St. Luke's rescheduling the interview, and they seem to get them rather quickly. I would have your fiance direct this question to the doctors at St. Lukes.

Thanks much hank_amy for taking time to answer my queries. will surely ask slec as well if they can do the rescheduling for my fiance. god bless!

God bless everyone!!!

Based on our case, St. Luke's (releasing area) recheduled my interview. They did it while releasing my medical result and my interview was scheduled for 3 days later.

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

thank so much for your quick reply. yeah i actually don't intend to reschedule yet, i will certainly wait for the actual result on tues and his immunization done before i reschedule him. but a certain part of your reply caught my attention much wherein u mention that there are certain times that sputum culture still came out positive even after the 8 week window is done??? do you know of anyone or other members here in vj who was inform by slec on a positive result of their sputum test upon calling them on their scheduled date to call and after the eight weeks waiting time????? as far as i know most members here in vj who unfortunately had a positive result received a call from slec way before the 8 weeks period for the intention of treating right away and avoid infecting others, i never heard or read of other experiences of vj members posting a positive result after the 8th weeks waiting, it would be interesting to read the case if u can share or give a link of somebody who had that experiences for other members info as well.thanks again and god bless!!!

I had to double check with the wife.

There was a person who posted on here that had their sputum test the same time as my wife. It was after 7 weeks and St. Luke's hadn't called yet. So when that person called they were told their results were ready, and when they went in they found out that it was positive.

I don't think you'll find it on the board because I don't think she ever posted again. It was really difficult for her; she was told by most on here that the result was negative and it ended up being positive. I know it was hard on her and her relationship. She didn't answer my wife's text messages either; so we're not sure what happened with the rest of their journey. We still wish them the best.

But to clarify, it was still in the 8 week window that the result was positive. It was just so late that most of us assumed it would be negative.

Timeline

Based on our case, St. Luke's (releasing area) recheduled my interview. They did it while releasing my medical result and my interview was scheduled for 3 days later.

thanks much happy inlove for for contributing your own expeience to answer my queries. but that was a quick one to have the interview 3 days later of clearing the medical. was it a request from your fiance to have her interview sched by slec or it was slec decision to have her sched her interview??? just trying to expound more on this issue so somehow other members who are still undergoing same process of waiting on their own culture result will have an idea of their next step to do esp on rescheduling their own interviews. god bless!

Timeline

I had to double check with the wife.

There was a person who posted on here that had their sputum test the same time as my wife. It was after 7 weeks and St. Luke's hadn't called yet. So when that person called they were told their results were ready, and when they went in they found out that it was positive.

I don't think you'll find it on the board because I don't think she ever posted again. It was really difficult for her; she was told by most on here that the result was negative and it ended up being positive. I know it was hard on her and her relationship. She didn't answer my wife's text messages either; so we're not sure what happened with the rest of their journey. We still wish them the best.

But to clarify, it was still in the 8 week window that the result was positive. It was just so late that most of us assumed it would be negative.

Thanks for some enlightment on the quote you posted re: positive sputum culture results received by members on the time of their scheduled date to call slec. But i would like to contribute my own insight to that matter as per your wife friend's experience of hearing the positive result on the scheduled day of calling slec, my belief was that a contact information (PHONE #) that the beneficiary provided slec with is either unreachable by slec,and/or there is only one contact # provided, so slec was left with no other choice but to wait the beneficiary to call them on their sched date to call to be able to divulge the result though the positive result was even ready to be provided to the beneficiary way before the scheduled date of calling slec. I want to stress out the importance of that factor of providing them of a reliable contact info NOT to anticipate of course slec to call the benificiary before the specific date for them to call BUT instead on the light that if unfortunately the culture really does became positive before the 8 wk window (which is almost consistent with experiences of other members who had a positive culture results)... an immediate notification could be relay by slec as soon as possible to the beneficiary... for the purpose of avoiding to be contagious with the community/and immediate family members the member live with,& so as to be treated immediately as well for the benefit of the health of the benefiary/patient.thanks again!!!!

god bless!!!

thanks much happy inlove for for contributing your own expeience to answer my queries. but that was a quick one to have the interview 3 days later of clearing the medical. was it a request from your fiance to have her interview sched by slec or it was slec decision to have her sched her interview??? just trying to expound more on this issue so somehow other members who are still undergoing same process of waiting on their own culture result will have an idea of their next step to do esp on rescheduling their own interviews. god bless!

You're welcome. (My wife utilizes the "happyndinlove" profile) :star:

The interview date was not requested. The SLEC employee scheduled the interview and informed my wife of the date. (We were very happy to be given a "quick" interview having waited so long. :yes:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.