Feyisayo

I want to delay my interview date for this reasons

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Your wife and kid do not qualify to be interviewed because when you file, you filled being single. So any attempt for you now to say you're married with a kid would become a material misrepresentation in your case. The truth is, it's only you the embassy wants to see during the interview, otherwise, they'll say you lied about your marital status and that could lead to the denial of your visa which you don't want to see happen. Also, you didn't list any family in your DV form when you apply for the lottery.

SIMPLE SOLUTION

Go alone to your interview and obtain the visa... Then file for your family to come after you've become a citizen. That's your sure bet, otherwise you may be pursuing a deep shadow of yourself. Pls be wise..

IN CONCLUSION,

Sell your land after obtaining the visa and travel. Then try as much as possible to work in other for you to be able to sponsor your wife and kid to come. Remember you'll submit an affidavit of support which requires that they won't become a public charge when you're ready to file for them. Think about all these..

Go for the interview ALONE. If the CO ask you of your wife and child tell the CO that they will follow later. Do not sell the land until you have your visa. Be smart and do your best to obtain the visa. My sister and her entire family just lost FOUR THOUSAND AND NINETY FIVE DOLLARS to Lagos embassy. Good luck to you!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Pay for your interview, have your wife and child outside the embassy so they can be ushered in if the CO wishes to talk to them. Tell them that you have decided that it is better for just you to travel to the US and settle in before applying for your wife and child. You can file for them as a green card holder, however the wait for a visa is a few years. If there is any question about your education or qualifications then it is best to lose only one visa fee not 3.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Timeline

I think you should be asking about ways in how to get the money and not cancelling the visa inteview.

Ask your family, go to a financial entity, try to get a loan... There must be something you can do to get the money... It seems you have been waiting for this oportunity in a long time... you should really take advantage of it right now... unless you are second guessing the fact of moving to the United States since you have your family in Nigeria now...

If you think that in the future your family stability will be better in the states, then you should act and do something to go to the interview... get in debt will be worth it at the end... Don`t do anything that you might regreat later.

Good luck with whatever decission you take.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Go for the interview ALONE. If the CO ask you of your wife and child tell the CO that they will follow later. Do not sell the land until you have your visa. Be smart and do your best to obtain the visa. My sister and her entire family just lost FOUR THOUSAND AND NINETY FIVE DOLLARS to Lagos embassy. Good luck to you!!!

Did your sister tell you reason why she lost it? please share it here for us all

Timeline

Your wife and kids do not qualify to be interviewed because when you file, you filled being single. So any attempt for you now to say you're married with kids would become a misrepresentation in your case. The truth is, it's only you the embassy wants to see during the interview, otherwise, they'll say you lied about your marital status and that could lead to the denial of your visa which you don't happen.

SIMPLE SOLUTION

Go alone to your interview and obtain the visa... Then file for your family to come after you've become a citizen. That's your sure bet, otherwise you may be pursuing a deep shadow of yourself. Pls be wise..

I called KCC and told them i got married after the close of 2012 entry and they said i should attach my marriage cert and baby cert along with forms i sent back to KCC in other to upgrade my status to married.

The second letter i received stated that they are beneficiaries so i am not contradicting my status.

Timeline

I think you should be asking about ways in how to get the money and not cancelling the visa inteview.

Ask your family, go to a financial entity, try to get a loan... There must be something you can do to get the money... It seems you have been waiting for this oportunity in a long time... you should really take advantage of it right now... unless you are second guessing the fact of moving to the United States since you have your family in Nigeria now...

If you think that in the future your family stability will be better in the states, then you should act and do something to go to the interview... get in debt will be worth it at the end... Don`t do anything that you might regreat later.

Good luck with whatever decission you take.

Tanx so much for your reply, unfortunately NIgeria isnt like other countries of the world where loans can easily be granted. I made so much effort in getting one to no avail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

The problem he has to sell his land to pay for visa, and he will be denied visa because he has no saving to survive in the collapsing usa.

Regrettably USA is only for the riches. Its not a welcome country anymore and the USA dream is past since long time.

Very true.

You have to show proof of some kind of financial stability because it does state taht they don't want anyone coming to the US and being a liability ad taking advantage of social security.

I hope ur land costs quite a bit... good luck

Timeline

After reading all your posts, i guess it be better i visit the consulate directly and make enquiries cos am stil a bit confused. Its not far from my office on the island.

Very true.

You have to show proof of some kind of financial stability because it does state taht they don't want anyone coming to the US and being a liability ad taking advantage of social security.

I hope ur land costs quite a bit... good luck

It wasnt written any where that we should show evidence of support moreover many people that have gone there(DV visas) testified to it on other immigration sites i visit and follow

Timeline

I wish you success!!! :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

After reading all your posts, i guess it be better i visit the consulate directly and make enquiries cos am stil a bit confused. Its not far from my office on the island.

It wasnt written any where that we should show evidence of support moreover many people that have gone there(DV visas) testified to it on other immigration sites i visit and follow

Actually there is a requirement that is enforced in different ways

If you read the DV2012 instructions you will find the following

34. IF I AM SUCCESSFUL IN OBTAINING A VISA THROUGH THE DV PROGRAM, WILL THE U.S. GOVERNMENT ASSIST WITH MY AIRFARE TO THE UNITED STATES, PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO LOCATE HOUSING AND EMPLOYMENT, PROVIDE HEALTHCARE, OR PROVIDE ANY SUBSIDIES UNTIL I AM FULLY SETTLED?

No, applicants who obtain a DV are not provided any type of assistance such as airfare, housing assistance, or subsidies. If you are selected to apply for a DV, you will be required to provide evidence that you will not become a public charge in the United States before being issued a visa. This evidence may be in the form of a combination of your personal assets, an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) from a relative or friend residing in the United States, and/or an offer of employment from an employer in the United States.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Other Timeline

Let me clear something up: the O.P. applied when he was single. He since got married and has a wife and a child. Both, his wife and his child are eligible to get immigrant visas and Green Cards as well. It's a chance of a lifetime for him, and I would suggest he tries everything in his power to make this happen.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Other Timeline

He has no money, can barely pay for visa. Stop to dream, embassies don't give visa to people with no money...

They know there is no job in USA and need around 30to50000 $ just to settle there.

What will you do? Beg for money or sell drug?

-July 2011 green card winner

-October 2011 sent pack to KCC

-to update

Timeline

He has no money, can barely pay for visa. Stop to dream, embassies don't give visa to people with no money...

They know there is no job in USA and need around 30to50000 $ just to settle there.

What will you do? Beg for money or sell drug?

You have the right to express your but mind your statements

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.