Knope2012

Statement of how you met

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am happy that you didn't have any issues but each case is different so are the consulates.

Consulates have nothing to do with petitions. Petitions go to USCIS, visa applications go to consulates.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes you are WAY overcomplicating it

See here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/343564-describe-the-circumstances-under-which-you-met/page__view__findpost__p__5073875

Yours could be "I met [fiance name] in person when she was in the US on xx/xx/xx". Seriously, that easy.

As others have mentioned it's not when you first met period, it's when met in person in the last 2 years. If you met him for the very first time on Jan 1st 2010 and then went to visit again 1 June 2011 you would write "I last met [fiance name] in person when she was in the US on 1 June 2011" and provide passport stamps, ticket stubs and a photo to prove it.

You are correct

You can describe the intial meeting, later ones or any or all. As long as they are within 2 years. I chose to describe our intial meeting and did not mention we had met together 4 additional times before filing the petition. All were within a few months, so no issue with timing. I submitted that evidence at the interview

The response to the question was so brief I can recall it word for word, now, almost 4 years later.

One or two sentences is all you need. Attach documents to support your statement.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You are correct

You can describe the intial meeting, later ones or any or all. As long as they are within 2 years. I chose to describe our intial meeting and did not mention we had met together 4 additional times before filing the petition. All were within a few months, so no issue with timing. I submitted that evidence at the interview

The response to the question was so brief I can recall it word for word, now, almost 4 years later.

One or two sentences is all you need. Attach documents to support your statement.

Okay, that makes much more sense. I can describe when we first met in person as a couple instead, and still keep it brief. Then, when they ask how we met at the interview, he can say that we met at an event held by the host, which is true. I am so thankful for all of the responses I have received! :) I tend to get stressed, especially about paperwork like this, so this has been incredibly helpful.

K1 Visa Timeline

01/13/2012 I-129F sent via USPS

01/16/2012 I-129F delivered

01/17/2012 NOA1 date on USCIS website

01/20/2012 Text and E-Mail Notification of NOA1!

01/20/2012 Check Cashed

01/23/2012 NOA1 Hardcopy

01/23/2012 Called USCIS to report that my fiance's name was misspelled on the NOA1

01/24/2012 Touched

01/26/2012 Received response to report, e-mail states error has been corrected.

02/08/2012 Touched

07/12/2012 NOA2! It took 177 days.

07/17/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy

07/20/2012 NVC received and forwarded to London

07/23/2012 Received in London

07/31/2012 Packet 3 received

08/02/2012 Packet 3 sent

08/16/2012 Medical

10/1/2012 Interview: APPROVED!

10/3/2012 Visa Issued

10/8/2012 Visa delivery

10/24/2012 POE Dublin

11/21/2012 Wedding

event.png

[uSCIS] cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.