Sign in to follow this  
Knope2012

Statement of how you met

33 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm planning on filing for a K1 Visa for my fiance in a few weeks, but I'm having trouble writing the statement of how we met because I'm overcomplicating it. I met him when I was visiting my ex during what ended up being the end of that relationship. Does anyone have advice on how much detail to go into here?

Hello all,

I'm planning on filing for a K1 Visa for my fiance in a few weeks, but I'm having trouble writing the statement of how we met because I'm overcomplicating it. I met him when I was visiting my ex during what ended up being the end of that relationship. Does anyone have advice on how much detail to go into here?

I would leave out details that have no relationship to how you met, if you know what I mean :blush:

I do know what you mean :). I wrote out a statement that included all the details, but it ended up being at least a page long and could be difficult for an outside observor to understand. I'll try to keep it down to when we met, where, and the dates that we've visited each other. There shouldn't be any complications in our case from what I've seen, and I'm trying to gather as much information as possible before submitting.

i wrote a page but a lot of people managed to fit theirs in to the box provided and had no problems

I think I'll have my fiance look over both a long statement and a shorter one to see which would be better to submit. We'll be providing plenty of plan tickets, phone bills, and other things, so I want to be as thorough as possible without overdoing it.

Hello all,

DO NOT INCLUDE "I was Visiting my Ex" Only write a brief statement of how you met. Simply said. I met her and include some information and your in Love. This is a K-1 / 129-F Petition and NOT A COURT OF LAW. There is NO NEED to Mention The Ex Wife. This should be One Page. Sign it and date it and Submit with your Petition.

DO NOT INCLUDE "I was Visiting my Ex" Only write a brief statement of how you met. Simply said. I met her and include some information and your in Love. This is a K-1 / 129-F Petition and NOT A COURT OF LAW. There is NO NEED to Mention The Ex Wife. This should be One Page. Sign it and date it and Submit with your Petition.

:thumbs:

Okay, thank you for the advice :) It's an ex boyfriend, so there wouldn't be any legal documents anyway. I'll keep it simple and try to keep to the box.

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.