4ever mine

Second Interview in Casablanca

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello, All:

My husband has his interview scheduled on January 25, 2012 after our case was reaffirmed on November 8, 2011. He was instructed to be there at 3pm. I think that is an unusual time of the day for an interview. i thought that inteviews were typically scheduled early in the morning, not in the afternoon. The woman that spoke to my husband told him to bring his valid passport and some type of baggage to carry back all of the evidence that i submitted because there is a lot there waiting for him. She said that he will need help to carry the documents. I am a bit confused.. It has been almost one year sinc his first interview. I have the following questions.

1. Would they not need another police certification?

2. Would they not need another court certification?

3. Would they not need his certified birth certification/ medical exam?

4. Would they not need another affidavit of support from me? I-864, tax return and pay stubs?

5. By the time he has his second interview on Jan 25, we would be married over two years. So should he not be eligible for thr R-1, CR-1?

6. What legal reason could there be if they issue him a CR-1 instead of a R-1 after we have been married for two years?

Questions 1 - 4, Should he gbring these documents anyway? These expire at least that is what I understand. As many may already may know, getting these documents are not easy when one must travel 8-10 hours each way. I was told after his interview they will tell him what else may be missing?

Please provide your insight.

Thanks!

Timeline

Hello, All:

My husband has his interview scheduled on January 25, 2012 after our case was reaffirmed on November 8, 2011. He was instructed to be there at 3pm. I think that is an unusual time of the day for an interview. i thought that inteviews were typically scheduled early in the morning, not in the afternoon. The woman that spoke to my husband told him to bring his valid passport and some type of baggage to carry back all of the evidence that i submitted because there is a lot there waiting for him. She said that he will need help to carry the documents. I am a bit confused.. It has been almost one year sinc his first interview. I have the following questions.

1. Would they not need another police certification?yes

2. Would they not need another court certification?yes

3. Would they not need his certified birth certification/ medical exam?yes

4. Would they not need another affidavit of support from me? I-864, tax return and pay stubs?yes

5. By the time he has his second interview on Jan 25, we would be married over two years. So should he not be eligible for thr R-1, CR-1?that is correct. He would be eligible for IR1 then

6. What legal reason could there be if they issue him a CR-1 instead of a R-1 after we have been married for two years?there is none. He is eligible for IR1. He may need to point that out to them.

Questions 1 - 4, Should he gbring these documents anyway? yes. They expire from Morocco after 3 months. These expire at least that is what I understand. As many may already may know, getting these documents are not easy when one must travel 8-10 hours each way. I was told after his interview they will tell him what else may be missing?

He can do this one of two ways....he can go to the interview without in all in which case they may give him a form requesting all of these documents. Or...he can get them again before the interview and have them ready to turn in when they ask. Since it doesn't seem like they are asking for them at this time, I suppose it is up to you to decide how to proceed. Have you tried emailing the consulate to ask or verify which way they would prefer it?

Please provide your insight.

Thanks!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi my husband just had his second interview last week.....every second interview is done at 3 in the afternoon that's what they told us. don't take anything with u just the passport. After the interview and he is approved CO will give a list of things u will need.As soon as all these things are collected u take them in and they will tell u when to come back for the visa it's like 2 days later!

1.police report

2.court document

3.birth cert...

4.will have to do the doctor exam all over and yes this is a must they all have to have it again :wacko:

5.I-864 and new tax year 2010 for u and if you have a cosponsor, theirs also and our cosponsor they wanted his ID and birth cert..

and for us they needed another copy of our untranslated original marriage cert...

We had collected all of this before the interview just in case anyways the only thing we did after is the doctor..

I hope this help God Bless!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi my husband just had his second interview last week.....every second interview is done at 3 in the afternoon that's what they told us. don't take anything with u just the passport. After the interview and he is approved CO will give a list of things u will need.As soon as all these things are collected u take them in and they will tell u when to come back for the visa it's like 2 days later!

1.police report

2.court document

3.birth cert...

4.will have to do the doctor exam all over and yes this is a must they all have to have it again :wacko:

5.I-864 and new tax year 2010 for u and if you have a cosponsor, theirs also and our cosponsor they wanted his ID and birth cert..

and for us they needed another copy of our untranslated original marriage cert...

We had collected all of this before the interview just in case anyways the only thing we did after is the doctor..

You can certainly collect all the documents in advance and get a new medical exam but you risk that expense is lost if they don't approve the visa. Reaffirmation does not assure a successful interview any more than the initial petition approval did.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I really appreciate your input. My husband and I agree that he should get the docments prior to his interview. His travel to and from the Consulate cost more in more than just $$. It is already going to be exhausting for him to travel to Casablanca. If he had to rush back to get this documents, it would just be too hard on him.

Thank you so much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If any of your documents are expired I highly recommend you redo them, I know for a fact the physical is only good for 5 months and Moroccan issued court documents are only good for 90 days. After my husband's AP he was called in for a second interview and it was more extensive than the first one. He brought more pictures and the only ones the caught the CO's eye were the ones of me with his family (aunts, cousin, sister, mom) and ironically he was tickled that my husband's cat crawled in the bed to sleep with me.

All your answers were addressed by previous posts just tell him to be well prepared. It could not hurt to email the embassy an confirm if they need updated documents.

Good luck and God Bless,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

1.police report

2.court document

3.birth cert...

Can I ask what you used as ID for your co-sponsor?

Timeline

1.police report

2.court document

3.birth cert...

Thank you so much for your input. Do you know if he needs a new letter to get the medical done again?

Timeline

If any of your documents are expired I highly recommend you redo them, I know for a fact the physical is only good for 5 months and Moroccan issued court documents are only good for 90 days. After my husband's AP he was called in for a second interview and it was more extensive than the first one. He brought more pictures and the only ones the caught the CO's eye were the ones of me with his family (aunts, cousin, sister, mom) and ironically he was tickled that my husband's cat crawled in the bed to sleep with me.

All your answers were addressed by previous posts just tell him to be well prepared. It could not hurt to email the embassy an confirm if they need updated documents.

Good luck and God Bless,

We did contact the consulate and was told that he only needs his passport. After the interview, they would let him know what documents are needed again. I am concerned about him needing another offical letter for the medical exam. Not sure how that works.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If they told you to wait, was this in writing? I would have him take a copy of the email stating that. Outside the medical exam you can do everything beforehand. You could set the medical appointment a day after his interview, if he goes to Dr Alain Guidon he gives you the results the same day. I know he requires the interview memo but your husband can call him and confirm in advance 0522267153.

Myloveadil just went through the same process, they asked for everything again. Get everything done besides the medical and unless the doctor allows the exam just schedule it for the day after.

Good luck

Timeline

If they told you to wait, was this in writing? I would have him take a copy of the email stating that. Outside the medical exam you can do everything beforehand. You could set the medical appointment a day after his interview, if he goes to Dr Alain Guidon he gives you the results the same day. I know he requires the interview memo but your husband can call him and confirm in advance 0522267153.

Myloveadil just went through the same process, they asked for everything again. Get everything done besides the medical and unless the doctor allows the exam just schedule it for the day after.

Good luck

Thank you so much for advice. I will try to have my husband schedule the exam and try the number that you provided. They notified my senator in writing and would not respond to me.

Edited by 4ever mine

Timeline

We did contact the consulate and was told that he only needs his passport. After the interview, they would let him know what documents are needed again. I am concerned about him needing another offical letter for the medical exam. Not sure how that works.

Thanks!

Hi you know at the interview u are given a list of things to do so my husband just took that with him to the doc. You can get an appointment right away and documents from the doc, my husband used the woman we called her that day after the interview and she said we could come the next day. He had x-ray, shot and blood taken.

They told us the same thing about the passport we had sent so much evidence that we did not need more.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The ID for our co-sponsor was just his drivers license because he does not have a passport they asked for a passport first

For non petitioning sponsors, the "ID" is required as evidence of US Citizenship or Permanent resident status. If they don't have a passport, a US citizen should provide a certified copy of a birth certificate or a copy of Naturalization Certificate, if they don't have a passport. A permanent resident shows a copy of the front and back of their green card.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

For non petitioning sponsors, the "ID" is required as evidence of US Citizenship or Permanent resident status. If they don't have a passport, a US citizen should provide a certified copy of a birth certificate or a copy of Naturalization Certificate, if they don't have a passport. A permanent resident shows a copy of the front and back of their green card.

:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.