EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

SM2010,

please keep your faith strong as we majority from pakistan are in this black hole(AP) process.iam also in this process nearlt 8 months completed,been told at the end of interview that the max waiting time in my case is 3 to 6 months....by the way how do you come up to know that your husband is still in security checks process,coz i wrote ,called and emailed everywhere got no information only work AP....please keep ur faith strong GOD is with us,very soon tomorrow will come for us...pray for ur husband and all of us who are in ap....

I have a lawyer who hasn't been very helpful at all. The only reason I hired her was to fill out the forms. I didn't want to make any mistakes and cause any delays. Anyways, I ask her to check on the case about every 3 months and she asks a Congressman or a senator to send an inquiry. Usually they always say in AP and nothing more but this time the congressman's office said he's in security checks and there is no way to get him out. I'm not sure how long he's been in checks. I'm assuming they just recently put him in checks as they never told us he was in checks before. Edited by SM2010
CvOzm4.png

HI ALL

I WANT TO ASK WHAT ITS MEAN ADMINITRATIVE PROCESSING. MY APPLICATION WAS SEND ON 16 DECEMBER 2011 . AND MY INTERVIEW DATE WAS 14 2 2013.VISA OFFICER KEPT MY PASSPORT AND GAVE ME ADDITIONAL DACUMENTS AND TICKET FOR SPPEDAX AND GREEN SLIP AND I CHECK MY STATUS ON ceac.state.gov

AND I M STILL WAITING FOR CALL FROM SPEEDAX

ON MY STAUS

Immigrant Visa Case Number:ISL ISL XXXXXXXX Case Creation Date: 09-Aug-2012 Status Updated Date: 09-May-2013
Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

HOW MUCH TIME ITS TAKE AND HOW MUCH TIME I WAIT FOR VISA ANY ONE HELP ME

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear no one can tell u exact time when u will get ur visa .on my interview day co kept my passport and said u will get ur passport with visa in 3 months and now its 3rd year...

HI ALL

I WANT TO ASK WHAT ITS MEAN ADMINITRATIVE PROCESSING. MY APPLICATION WAS SEND ON 16 DECEMBER 2011 . AND MY INTERVIEW DATE WAS 14 2 2013.VISA OFFICER KEPT MY PASSPORT AND GAVE ME ADDITIONAL DACUMENTS AND TICKET FOR SPPEDAX AND GREEN SLIP AND I CHECK MY STATUS ON ceac.state.gov

AND I M STILL WAITING FOR CALL FROM SPEEDAX

ON MY STAUS

Immigrant Visa Case Number:ISL ISL XXXXXXXX Case Creation Date: 09-Aug-2012 Status Updated Date: 09-May-2013
Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached.

HOW MUCH TIME ITS TAKE AND HOW MUCH TIME I WAIT FOR VISA ANY ONE HELP ME

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

Timeline

On March 25th the embassy received new documents from me and my husband. The ceac website status changed to March 25th. On April 2nd a visa officer called my husband to ask for an original birth certificate and the ceac status changed to April 2nd. I believe they were working on our case from March 25th until April 2nd yet our status did not change.

I could be wrong I am just guessing.

Assalamu Alaikum.... I have been on and off here for a few years. My husband too is in administrative processing. He has been since July 2009 so carolyn I know how you feel.i have done everything i possibly can from hiring a lawyer to writing to my senator..... he recently had a second interview in january 2013 ans we have been back in AP. Not really sure what else to do but Inshallah I try to stay hopeful...If anyone has any suggestions for me or words of advice i would greatly appreciate it....Everyone here is in my duaa.... I know the frustration you are all feeling trust me... Its been almost five year sad.png

Edited by ForeverWaiting2

On March 25th the embassy received new documents from me and my husband. The ceac website status changed to March 25th. On April 2nd a visa officer called my husband to ask for an original birth certificate and the ceac status changed to April 2nd. I believe they were working on our case from March 25th until April 2nd yet our status did not change.

I could be wrong I am just guessing.

From what someone at DOS told me... CEAC updates change only when you or someone on your behalf inquires on your case... not them updating unfortunately... and yes they always tell me my husbands case is being worked on which i dont know is entirely true or not...

Timeline

Today i send email to embassy ...

Dear Sir/Madam,

My documents expired already on 14th may please tell me can i send my fresh Medical and ds230 and police certificate to embassy or wait email or letter asking about these papers from embassy?

Got this reply from embassy 6 hours ago..

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email below. Please do not send new documents at this time. As soon as we feel it is the time to submit new documents, we will let you know.

Yours truly,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

Timeline
Expiring Soon
Immigrant Visa Case Number: 2010xxxxxx 01 ISL Case Creation Date: 03-Mar-2010 Status Updated Date: 22-May-2013
Section 203(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act requires that your registration be canceled and any petition approved on your behalf canceled, if you do not apply for your immigrant visa within one year of being advised to do so.

You were advised of this requirement over 1 year ago, but we have not received a response from you since then. As a result, your application for a visa has been canceled and any petition approved on your behalf has also been canceled.

Your application may be reinstated and any petition revalidated if, within one year, you can establish that your failure to pursue your immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control. Please provide a written statement to the Embassy or Consulate outlining the circumstances beyond your control and noting that you still wish to pursue this visa petition.

WHAT should do i now. i recieved passport of my new born son today from us embassy personally and asked the CO who handed over the passport to me about my visa and he replied to me that its not her dept you should contact the visa section.

Timeline

Dont worry just send email to embassy about this matter...same happend to me some days ago they correct the status within 1 night

Expiring Soon
Immigrant Visa Case Number: 2010xxxxxx 01 ISL Case Creation Date: 03-Mar-2010 Status Updated Date: 22-May-2013
Section 203(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act requires that your registration be canceled and any petition approved on your behalf canceled, if you do not apply for your immigrant visa within one year of being advised to do so.

You were advised of this requirement over 1 year ago, but we have not received a response from you since then. As a result, your application for a visa has been canceled and any petition approved on your behalf has also been canceled.

Your application may be reinstated and any petition revalidated if, within one year, you can establish that your failure to pursue your immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control. Please provide a written statement to the Embassy or Consulate outlining the circumstances beyond your control and noting that you still wish to pursue this visa petition.

WHAT should do i now. i recieved passport of my new born son today from us embassy personally and asked the CO who handed over the passport to me about my visa and he replied to me that its not her dept you should contact the visa section.

Timeline

Carolyn, what if we don't hear anything for another year or 2? What do we do then? What options do we have? I'm so terrified of having to raise my daughters alone. I can't possibly take them to Pakistan until they're at least 2 years old. I can't travel with 2 newborns for that long. I hate long flights. I usually take sedatives but you can't do that when you have kids with you. I've had so many nervous breakdowns in last few months. I don't know what to do or who to go to for help. The congressmen and senators are useless.

CvOzm4.png

Timeline

SM2010 I know a married couple that was in AP for 4 years. The embassy asked for proof of ongoing relationship and fresh documents and a new medical. The Pakistani husband got his visa within one month of sending the documents. He is here in the United States now.

In your case once the babies are born I would write a letter to the Ambassador of the embassy asking him to hurry your case and send birth certificates for both babies. This means using Fed-Ex to send this info to Pakistan then having your husband send Speed-Ex to the embassy in Pakistan. It will not hurt your case to write to the Ambassador. You can staple the birth certificates to the letter. Make sure you include the Ambassadors name on your letter as well as your case number, names and birth dates.

Timeline

I am very confused. I checked the ceac website today and it shows the last time the case status was updated was April 25th. I called DOS and she said the case is being worked on now and the last status update is today May 24th. Who would you believe the ceac website or DOS?

I pray DOS is right!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.