EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

I tried to research but did not find much information. Is it true to assume all male cases are currently going to Ap?

Just thought I would ask so I am prepared for the news!

Not all cases are placed in AP but most are (I would say about 90%). Wish you all the best!!!

CvOzm4.png

Timeline

SM2010 you can post what you like as long as you don't break any VJ rules. I find from reading VJ that most of the people that have very long AP's come from Pakistan. There are other hot spots in the world. Why are Pakistani men singled out by our government?

When I married my husband I didn't know anything about AP. I thought we just filed the paperwork and paid the fees and in a year or so he would get his visa. Almost 4 years later we are still trying to get his visa. Many American women would have given up by now, divorced and moved on but I love my husband and want to spend my life with him here in America. Giving up is just not an option for me. We were asked by the embassy to send a new medical and new documents. We got so excited thinking we were close to AP ending and us getting the visa but with the embassy in Pakistan nothing is certain. They can keep you in AP while those new documents expire.

This is our second go round with AP. The first time we were in AP for 16 months before they denied our visa. We appealed and won. Our case was sent back to the embassy and instead of getting a visa we have been in AP again for 10 months and counting. I wish the Dept of State would be honest on their website and come out and say if you marry with a Pakistani expect your wait time to be longer than people from other countries. Then at least American women could go into this process with our eyes wide open.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

first of all I apologize for my original post. The name of the page is Islamabad AP tracker not the rant of SM2010. That being said, when you've been with someone for 6 1/2 years, been married for 3, in AP for more than 22 months, pregnant with twins due any day and longing to be with your husband who means the world to you; you don't have a "grip" on it and you lose all perspective.

I understand the need for security checks but it doesn't take 22 months to do that. The average time is 3-9 months. I have an issue with our case sitting at embassy and collecting dust. I believe the government is playing something sneaky to eliminate immigration from these so called hot spot countries. it would've been nice to know the process in details before we got married instead of keeping us in the dark. It doesn't mean that we wouldn't have chosen to get married, we just simply would've chosen to move to another country. I blame myself for not having option B. You're right the government doesn't owe me anything. It's job is to collect about 40 grand of taxes from me each year and in return it doesn't have to care about what my family and I are going through.

I agree with everything in your post here. Focusing on facial features delfect away from the real issues with AP and that is why I said what I said. Something needs to be done through Congress to give people some transparency of the length of the process and changes must be done to

do whatever necessary to process people through AP in a humane manner and a reasonable time table. Anything over 9-12 months is ridiculous. Backlogs in different agencies are to blame and speculative CO's assuming things without factual reasons and evidence so I too believe they are playing the waiting game hoping we all just go away.

Unfortunately legal immigration and AP aren't political talking points and I can't even get to my senator who is a heavy weight and leader in the undocumented immigrant issue. It is a hardship on USC families and it remains status quo shrouded in non transparency.

Petitioners are raising hell to get shorter adjuducating times for their initial NOA2 approvals but we lack a momentum for change here in regards to unreasobably long AP.

Best wishes to you and a speedy reunion !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

SM2010 you can post what you like as long as you don't break any VJ rules. I find from reading VJ that most of the people that have very long AP's come from Pakistan. There are other hot spots in the world. Why are Pakistani men singled out by our government?

When I married my husband I didn't know anything about AP. I thought we just filed the paperwork and paid the fees and in a year or so he would get his visa. Almost 4 years later we are still trying to get his visa. Many American women would have given up by now, divorced and moved on but I love my husband and want to spend my life with him here in America. Giving up is just not an option for me. We were asked by the embassy to send a new medical and new documents. We got so excited thinking we were close to AP ending and us getting the visa but with the embassy in Pakistan nothing is certain. They can keep you in AP while those new documents expire.

This is our second go round with AP. The first time we were in AP for 16 months before they denied our visa. We appealed and won. Our case was sent back to the embassy and instead of getting a visa we have been in AP again for 10 months and counting. I wish the Dept of State would be honest on their website and come out and say if you marry with a Pakistani expect your wait time to be longer than people from other countries. Then at least American women could go into this process with our eyes wide open.

I understand and I am also getting close to 4 years. I think you are the one who filed a Writ Mandamus and was then denied ?

Did you file a FOIA also ? What was the result of that ? How did you file FOIA, yourself or an attorney ?

I do not think Pakistani are singled out. West Africa has it's share of long AP and returned cases. Most Mena countries go through AP.

Again, considering they have the "Intelligence radar" and we do not, we don't have the whole hot spot insight and can go only by the media reports and current events. Hot spots are always mobile and shifting.

I just wish we could all collectively bring the long AP issue and it's hardship to our senators and congressmen to actually try to change

the processing times for AP and have it capped to a reasonable time length and a little more trnasparency.

Hope you come out of this abyss soon.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

I recently found out that my husband is still in security checks. I don't know why they would ask us to submit fresh documents if they were not ready to issue the visa. It really got my hopes up and now I'm feeling down again because I've been doing some research and my understanding is that it could take 3-9 months to get security checks cleared. I think they never worked on our case until January, when they picked up the file to work on and realized that everything was expired.

American government has no heart at all. They cant see thousands of us struggling. I cry day and night because I don't know when I'll get my happy every after. How is that fair? if my husband wasn't a Muslim and had different facial features he would've been here a long time ago. This is a slap in the face. American government telling us that we are inferior and don't deserve to be happy.

The sad thing is I didn't know about ap before we got married because the media never talks about. It's brushed under the rug. Had we known this process was this lengthy and painful we would've made arrangements to live else where. the media only talks about how horrible Muslims are but never talks about the ###### we are put through because someone else committed a crime.

SM2010,

please keep your faith strong as we majority from pakistan are in this black hole(AP) process.iam also in this process nearlt 8 months completed,been told at the end of interview that the max waiting time in my case is 3 to 6 months....by the way how do you come up to know that your husband is still in security checks process,coz i wrote ,called and emailed everywhere got no information only work AP....please keep ur faith strong GOD is with us,very soon tomorrow will come for us...pray for ur husband and all of us who are in ap....

Timeline

I didn't file a FOIA. There was no need. Because of the Writ of Mandamus the State Department rushed and sent our NOIR. We were really surprised to get it as fast as we did.

Timeline

I didn't file a FOIA. There was no need. Because of the Writ of Mandamus the State Department rushed and sent our NOIR. We were really surprised to get it as fast as we did.

Yes, W of M usually take forever and a day too, good thing you got a fast NOIR. Thanks for the reply.

Spoiler

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is unbelievable and unconceivable what and how this VJ could be. Why there is a need for a couple to be on and off AP for years?? what the hell can they be looking for and not being able to verify in that much time?

There should be a time limit for AP and either the petition should be denied or approved within that period. Be it a year or less is a reasonable time. How do they ever expect a couple to endure that kind of torture?

My prayers are with those who are in AP for outrageously senseless period of time. God be with you.

Asalam-alakuim everyone. I believe that they could be working on your case even though there might not be any updates regarding date changes on the CEAC website. I just called DOS and they told me that my husband's case is being worked on (i know they always say that) but, he told me that the work on his case has not been stopped yet. I told him but there have not been any updates on the CEAC website and in return he told me he can clearly see in the system that his case is constantly being worked on. Has anyone else ever received this kind of a reply upon calling DOS? Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

EAbbas why don't you sue?

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.