EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So My husband has been in AP since July 12, 2011. We had never heard from the embassy until this year when in January sent a letter and asked for new Medical and then week later asked for new police clearance certificate, DS 230, new passport size photos and affidavit of support. We became hopeful that we maybe getting closer. We sent everything by their courier listed on their website about a month ago and when we didnt hear anything I emailed them and they stated they have not received any documents. I'm soooo frustrated. Here is message I received today:

Our record indicates that we did receive the documents. However, case is still pending under administrative process and we will contact the applicant(s) upon completion of this process. Also, time duration for the process is always approximated therefore maximum cannot be predicted.

From this, I'm getting the feeling that we are still in AP and resubmitting those documents does not make much of a difference. I emailed them back and asked what we should do since they didnt receive anything. I'm afraid my husband will have to get a new medical and police clearance. This process is soooooo brutal. It would be better if they put us in a concentration camp, at least we will be together then as opposed in AP abyss.

I was hopeful that maybe my husband will be here soon for the delivery of our twins but now I have lost that hope. He probably will get his visa when our girls are getting ready to get married. I give up!!!

Hey read Embassy reply once again..you said they replied that Our record indicates that we did recieved documents then how you can say they didn't recieve???

Timeline

OMG!!! my pregnancy brain is literally causing me a lot of emotional disturbance. lol. I double checked the message and it does say "did" I read it as didn't. I've already called my husband and cried like baby to him thinking they they didnt receive the documents lol. I wrote back to the embassy as well. They're gonna think I'm a psycho. I guess as optimistic as I try to be, in this case we've heard so many negatives that it's easier to read a positive as a negative.

Thank you for you're help everyone. This just made my day a lot better. I wont spend the rest of the day sobbing.

CvOzm4.png

Timeline

OMG!!! my pregnancy brain is literally causing me a lot of emotional disturbance. lol. I double checked the message and it does say "did" I read it as didn't. I've already called my husband and cried like baby to him thinking they they didnt receive the documents lol. I wrote back to the embassy as well. They're gonna think I'm a psycho. I guess as optimistic as I try to be, in this case we've heard so many negatives that it's easier to read a positive as a negative.

Thank you for you're help everyone. This just made my day a lot better. I wont spend the rest of the day sobbing.

Don't take tension everything will be Okey.. :) Insha ALLAH i am also in AP since last year...Now i also sent fresh medical and everything on their call and again waiting since 3 weeks :(

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So My husband has been in AP since July 12, 2011. We had never heard from the embassy until this year when in January sent a letter and asked for new Medical and then week later asked for new police clearance certificate, DS 230, new passport size photos and affidavit of support. We became hopeful that we maybe getting closer. We sent everything by their courier listed on their website about a month ago and when we didnt hear anything I emailed them and they stated they have not received any documents. I'm soooo frustrated. Here is message I received today:

Our record indicates that we did receive the documents. However, case is still pending under administrative process and we will contact the applicant(s) upon completion of this process. Also, time duration for the process is always approximated therefore maximum cannot be predicted.

From this, I'm getting the feeling that we are still in AP and resubmitting those documents does not make much of a difference. I emailed them back and asked what we should do since they didnt receive anything. I'm afraid my husband will have to get a new medical and police clearance. This process is soooooo brutal. It would be better if they put us in a concentration camp, at least we will be together then as opposed in AP abyss.

I was hopeful that maybe my husband will be here soon for the delivery of our twins but now I have lost that hope. He probably will get his visa when our girls are getting ready to get married. I give up!!!

SM2010, we are on the same boat. My father had interview on same day (07/12/11) and he was put on AP since then. He also sent his new documents couple months ago. US Embassy did acknowledge to receive the documents but also told us that his case is still on AP and there is no max time limit. Unfortunately, they do not provide detail information. I did consult with bunch of immigration lawyers. They told me that it could be stuck in the name check. If the name hit in one of their databases, it takes long time to get the clearance. My advice is to be patient and keep him and all of us in your prayers.

Timeline

Anyone know how long is it taking for Admin Processing for women? My wife had her interview in Oct, 2012 and has been on Admin Processing since then approx 4 months and have not heard anything yet from the embassy. They only update the status date only when I request a status on the case.

Will getting a lawyer help any in this situation?

thank in advance

Timeline

Hello to all iam in AP in islamabad embassy from 5 months and 8 days,today early in the morning i got call from us embassy islamabad this is first contact from embassy since iam in AP.operator asked me have u ever travelled to afghanistan,bangladesh or saudi arabia,i said no never,i told him that i only travelled to UK and stayed there about 7 years than he said ok then he said can u provide us the previous passports with explaination letter.i wrote a xplaination letter and my 2 previous xpired passports and sent them today......

as i never travelled apart from UK than why they are asking about these particular countries

please help me is this normal thing or something is wrong in there system.your comments will be appreciated ....thanks in advance.

Timeline

Anyone know how long is it taking for Admin Processing for women? My wife had her interview in Oct, 2012 and has been on Admin Processing since then approx 4 months and have not heard anything yet from the embassy. They only update the status date only when I request a status on the case.

Will getting a lawyer help any in this situation?

thank in advance

My wife also had her interview in Oct, 2012. Oct 15. AP and last update i see on website is Feb 22 2013.

Hiring a lawyer will not help

Timeline

Hi everyone,

My husband's visa was denied and our case was sent back to USCIS. We appealed and won so our case was sent back to the embassy. Sense then we have been in AP for 8 months.

A few days ago the embassy sent my husband an email requesting a new medical, DS230, police certificate, affidavit of support and his passport. Yesterday I got an email from my lawyer saying the embassy had contacted her. They want to do a telephone interview with me and couldn't reach me. So she sent them my phone number and I guess I need to stay home for the next few days.

I am hopeful that we will get the visa soon because they asked for his passport. I am praying for all of us to get our visa's soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My husband's visa was denied and our case was sent back to USCIS. We appealed and won so our case was sent back to the embassy. Sense then we have been in AP for 8 months.

A few days ago the embassy sent my husband an email requesting a new medical, DS230, police certificate, affidavit of support and his passport. Yesterday I got an email from my lawyer saying the embassy had contacted her. They want to do a telephone interview with me and couldn't reach me. So she sent them my phone number and I guess I need to stay home for the next few days.

I am hopeful that we will get the visa soon because they asked for his passport. I am praying for all of us to get our visa's soon.

Thats some really good news! I hope you get a call very soon and maybe you should consider setting up call forwarding to your mobile if you dont pickup at home :D

Timeline

SM2010, we are on the same boat. My father had interview on same day (07/12/11) and he was put on AP since then. He also sent his new documents couple months ago. US Embassy did acknowledge to receive the documents but also told us that his case is still on AP and there is no max time limit. Unfortunately, they do not provide detail information. I did consult with bunch of immigration lawyers. They told me that it could be stuck in the name check. If the name hit in one of their databases, it takes long time to get the clearance. My advice is to be patient and keep him and all of us in your prayers.

Please let me know through inbox when your dad receives his visa. I just dont understand why they asked for all these documents and got our hopes up when in reality our AP is not complete and God knows when it will be. My husband's cousins were in AP for about 6 months. one of the cousin was asked to resubmit the same documents they asked us and was issued a visa 2 1/2 months later. I just pray to God that it's getting closer. I dont know how much more of this I can take without losing my mind.

Hi everyone,

Carolyn, that sounds very promising. Keep us updated!

CvOzm4.png

Timeline

Please let me know through inbox when your dad receives his visa. I just dont understand why they asked for all these documents and got our hopes up when in reality our AP is not complete and God knows when it will be. My husband's cousins were in AP for about 6 months. one of the cousin was asked to resubmit the same documents they asked us and was issued a visa 2 1/2 months later. I just pray to God that it's getting closer. I dont know how much more of this I can take without losing my mind.

Sure, I will let you know. I'm also very frustrated. I have also recently hired an attorney who is working on my case. Let's see what happens. Try to keep your mind out of it and focus on your health. InshaAllah, he will have visa in his hand soon.

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Carolyn, you are also in our prayers. Hopefully, this is it. Good Luck!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dont worry Inshaa Allah this time we all get good news

Hi everyone,

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i also send my fresh documents on 28th feb ....i got letter by post ...its my 3rd medical and ds230 and pcc

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.