EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks a for putting this up Eabbas, helps to know that how many people are sharing my pain. I just recieved another reply from Embassy similar as last time.

Dear Sir/Madam,

We have received your documents and forwarded this case to a Consular officer for review. We’ll contact you in few days to inform about the further process.

I hope this information will be helpful to you.

U.S Embassy

Consular Section

Immigration Unit

Islamabad, Pakistan

Your welcome ... what documents did you have to send?

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Daer RealAL ,, i want to know that i waited for more than 17 months under AP can i file Writ of mandamus and how long does it take to complete and how much it costs.Please let me know all the process and most importantly whether it affects my case like it angers consulate when i ask them todecie my case otherwisw i will file writ of mandmus because i am afraid to say that this thing (warning)may affect our case and they decide in nagative.

mabish, Eabbas is right. You have to make several attempts to contact the embassy before you file the writ of Mandamus and you have to document your attempts. Your case is now beyond normal processing time and if you file Writ of Mandamus after a year has passed on AP without any result you should not be offending the embassy. Your wife is the one who has to file the Writ of Mandamus in the United States, I suggest she try to contact State department and the embassy herself showing her intention to file.

If you are seriously considering filing Writ of Mandamus your wife should contact a good lawyer in the U.S.

Timeline

Gtvapsamtik,

Sorry your case is taking so much time for the CO to review your case and issue the visa. You must be worried sick that it's taking so long when the embassy is saying it should just be a few days. Be strong and I will pray they issue the visa soon.

Filed: Timeline

Your welcome ... what documents did you have to send?

Documents related to Proof of on going relationship since thats what they asked for when she had an interview July 2011. I just submitted new set of documents show there is going relationship between me and my wife. 3 months ago Embassy told us that Case has been forwarded to CO for review and they will contact us in few days but its been almost 3 months now. Guess I should stop sending them more documents.

Timeline

Documents related to Proof of on going relationship since thats what they asked for when she had an interview July 2011. I just submitted new set of documents show there is going relationship between me and my wife. 3 months ago Embassy told us that Case has been forwarded to CO for review and they will contact us in few days but its been almost 3 months now. Guess I should stop sending them more documents.

If they asked for them at the time of interview then yes you should have sent more proof... but they only want you to send more at that one time of the things you can find thruout the year/s youve been with her.

Unless they contact you again asking for more documents do not send anything else. If you send something else they have to stop what they are doing and add that to the file... review it and that could take more weeks... when they maybe trying to issue the visa and ur slowing it down by resending documents they arent asking for.

If they are asking for them then yes you must send otherwise if they arent asking for them then you are the one delaying the case not them. Let them do thier work now and hopefully the visa will come as soon as they review this last set of documents.

good luck!

Edited by EAbbas

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Well guys its a new week.. praying we hear (or at least some of us hear) that our AP is complete and we can move forward with lives. Good luck to everyone this week.. keep your faith and spirits up... let us know how everyone is coping!

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

8th Month started today, i don't know when it will end! i called today to DOS, and same answer we are waiting to complete the case and good luck! so helpless now.

I feel really helpless too. even though our wait is still less than yours. The embassy keeps telling me that visa can't be issued until they receive clearance from Washington D.C. DOS keeps telling me pending. Congressman and Senator has no power over visa issues and could not help me much. This might sound stupid and chances are that it will not catch anyone's attention or help expedite my case in any ways, but I wanted to make an attempt or atleast try. I wrote the following letter to the cheif of Consular Affairs, DOS Washington DC.

Dear Mr. Donahue,

I am writing to request the Department of State to take action on our pending security clearance request for immigrant visa issuance purpose. Due to the flawed name check system used by Department of State before issuing visa, my family and I are suffering from family separation.

I am a law abiding citizen of the United States of America. I am married to a foreign national. I have petitioned for an immigrant visa for my husband Abdul Sami under the IR1 category (case#). After two interviews with the Consular Officer at the US embassy in Riyadh Saudi Arabia my husband’s visa was approved on August 8th, 2011 pending mandatory administrative processing. It has been over four months and visa has not been issued yet. I have contacted the Embassy of the United States in Riyadh Saudi Arabia and got the same response “pending mandatory administrative processing” each time. I was notified by the consulate that the post could not proceed with the issuance of the visa until they receive clearance from State Department Washington D.C office.

I have read and researched about mandatory administrative processing and discovered that State Department has no time limit for processing security advisory opinions. However most of the cases are resolved within 60 days. This indicates that The Department of State is actively avoiding any accountability for delays in processing Security Advisory Opinion requests. I understand it is a question of national security and therefore security clearance is mandatory. My husband has no criminal records and his fingerprints taken at the time of the interview at the consulate should confirm that. My husband Abdul Sami is not affiliated with any terrorist groups and it should not take over four months to confirm it through the advanced State department name check databases. I am a tax paying citizen and I demand an answer for the delay. I want to see a proof that our case has not been forgotten underneath the piles of cases waiting for manual clearances from State Department Washington D.C office.

It should not take State department months to find out if a certain person is a threat to our security. The system is broken and a tax paying US citizen should not suffer because the government simply is not taking any initiative to rectify the flaws on their part. I discovered that the State Department’s flawed name check system creates unnecessary processing delays for applicants with common names. United States being one of the most technologically advanced nations in the world should have a more efficient system and process in place to ensure national security at the time of visa issuance in order to avoid delays in administrative processing.

If State Department fails to provide any such proof that my husband Abdul Sami is a threat to National Security, then I insist them to clear my husband's case so that the consulate could issue him the visa. Delay in issuing IR1 visa without any proof of such threat to national security is denying a tax paying US citizen right to family unity.

Sincerely,

Timeline

I am also writing a letter to Mr. Donahue that will be mailed out by the end of the week as well as a letter to Hillary Clinton.

I am doing the paperwork for a Writ of Mandamus and will be filing it soon with the Federal District Court for the State of Michigan. I can't afford an attorney so I am filing it myself and asking the Court to appoint me an attorney free of charge.

I filed the I-130 petition over 2 years ago and our case has been with the embassy in AP for over a year. My husband and I are suffering and I have to do something to try and get the embassy to make a decision on our case. I have sent many emails to the embassy about my case and all they will say is pending Administrative Processing.

I will keep you guys informed about how things are going with the Writ of Mandamus.

Timeline

I think its heartbreaking that it comes to this.. im sure other pple from other countries have also had to do this but its few and far between compared to the ppl from the MENA countries.. especially pakistan right now. I'm not as far into this as some but I do know my heart breaks at night when i lay down and in the morning when i get up.. and every little thing in between as my day goes.. even something as simple as locking up the office and thinking how great it would be to meet my husband for dinner or just go into the house and into his safe arms for a hug. I dont understand this and its affecting me so badly ... All i know is that every time ive called DOS the last two weeks ive broken down and cried and the person on the ends tries to show compassion and they keep saying listen there isnt anything wrong with your case everything looks fine its just the procedure at this point.... ok if nothing wrong then why can't get get to move forward????? why the delay constantly? I just dont understand :(( and i dont think his name is sooo common.. but here we are stuck.. no way to plan anything.. he gets upset as he wants to help me here but cant cos he's there.....just heart broken :(

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

What is the email address of Mr. Donahue? 8th month is about to completed and its still pending, i have become a heart patient now just because of this DAM AP

I am also writing a letter to Mr. Donahue that will be mailed out by the end of the week as well as a letter to Hillary Clinton.

I am doing the paperwork for a Writ of Mandamus and will be filing it soon with the Federal District Court for the State of Michigan. I can't afford an attorney so I am filing it myself and asking the Court to appoint me an attorney free of charge.

I filed the I-130 petition over 2 years ago and our case has been with the embassy in AP for over a year. My husband and I are suffering and I have to do something to try and get the embassy to make a decision on our case. I have sent many emails to the embassy about my case and all they will say is pending Administrative Processing.

I will keep you guys informed about how things are going with the Writ of Mandamus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.