EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have some good news. The embassy finally called and emailed my husband to come in for an interview. There is one problem. I have a letter from the embassy saying my Affidavit of support and all the other documents we sent are fine but in the email we got today they are saying the Affidavit of Support is not fine and we need a co-sponsor.

I have written to my senator about this and sent a copy of the letter. I also emailed the embassy to find out if they made a mistake because I meet the income

guidelines. I will keep you guys informed about what happens with my case.

Timeline

I have some good news. The embassy finally called and emailed my husband to come in for an interview. There is one problem. I have a letter from the embassy saying my Affidavit of support and all the other documents we sent are fine but in the email we got today they are saying the Affidavit of Support is not fine and we need a co-sponsor.

I have written to my senator about this and sent a copy of the letter. I also emailed the embassy to find out if they made a mistake because I meet the income

Congrats when is the interview? This is a great news! Hopefully co sponsor is an error! Do you have some one who can co sponsor?

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have some good news, After 2 Years & 1 months My status Changed to Issued. It seem that Consulate(Islamabad) has started to clear their backlog because two of my friends who were in AP since 8 months they got their visa stamped in last week. Here's the Activity history on my Case

24th July, 2011-- Application Created

12th Aug, 2011-- Interview at Consulate(Islamabad),On Interview day they handed me with Green slip with case in AP

24th Dec, 2011--- Case Refused & Sent back to USCIS for Revocation

13th June, 2012-- USCIS Reaffirmed Case and sent to DOS,

29th June, 2012-- Case received at Consulate(Islamabad)

29th June, 2012-- Consulate put in to AP

After that when i check status. it says No Status.

but after 1 year and 3 months.

26th Aug, 2013-- Administrative Processing

28th Aug, 2013-- Administrative Processing

30th Aug, 2013-- Administrative Processing

3rd Sept, 2013-- Ready

15th Sept, 2013-- Administrative Processing

17th Sept, 2013-- Issued

Timeline

Congrats Carolyn, this is awesome new. I am really happy for you and wish you all the best.

Till now i have been your silent well wisher secret7vf.gif

Timeline

I have some good news, After 2 Years & 1 months My status Changed to Issued. It seem that Consulate(Islamabad) has started to clear their backlog because two of my friends who were in AP since 8 months they got their visa stamped in last week. Here's the Activity history on my Case

12th Aug, 2011-- Interview at Consulate(Islamabad),On Interview day they handed me with Green slip with case in AP

3rd Sept, 2013-- Ready

17th Sept, 2013-- Issued

Congrats!!!

That is great news Carolyn! I am so happy to see some movement in your case! Wishing you all the luck in the world that you are close to getting the visa issued! :)

3rd Sept, 2013-- Ready

17th Sept, 2013-- Issued

Congratulations! It is so nice to hear a little bit of positive news for a change! :)

God delays but doesn't forget.

event.png

Timeline

My husband can come in any day at 8 AM. Yes I do have a co-sponsor but I don't want to use him if my Affidavit of Support is good

Carolyn - Did you ever make congressman inquiry on your case ?

Timeline

Maabish,

I would take this email and go get a new medical. The one they have is about to expire in October I think this is what the embassy is asking you to do. No one can

guess if the embassy is saying in this email that they plan to give you the visa soon. Try not to guess anything for right now just get the medical.

Thanks and best of luck for your interview call

i will do my medical unless called by the embassy and before that its useless i think bcz its not big deal in one day u have ur reports.

plwase update me about ur situation must

Timeline

Congrats Carolyn...wishing you the best of luck. It's nice to see some movement on visas. We are approaching 8 months in AP...this is starting to look like a magic number. We started our journey Dec 2011...hoping it is coming to a close so that we can begin our life journey.

Timeline

The embassy returned my email. They said it was a mistake and I do not need a co-sponsor!

My husband will go for his interview in about 7 days. We need time to practice possible questions the embassy might ask.

Asif asghar congratulations on finally getting your visa!

The embassy worked on our case again today. I called DOS they said we should be hearing from the embassy soon but wouldn't give the reason. I wish DOS could tell us

what is really happening with all our cases.

i called once sometime back to DOS(Department Of State) and according to that time my case was in processing at NVC and the lady said that she couldn't tell me much as the case file is in NVC.

just wondering on how u got the info from DOS then ? please share and advice me if i am missing something here. at the moment NVC said case completed and now i am waiting interview date.

do u think calling DOS can help me to figure out an estimated interview date?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.