EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

f2b 2nd family prefrence category

That's why your visa is taking too long. You are not an immediate relative. Not a spouse of a USC. You have to be patient :) Many people have to wait even for 10 years in order to get an immigrant visa based on Second preference family sponsor. Your case is normal :thumbs:

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear 1st my category was f2a and because of over age they put me in f2b and my mother file petition for me in 2003

That's why your visa is taking too long. You are not an immediate relative. Not a spouse of a USC. You have to be patient :) Many people have to wait even for 10 years in order to get an immigrant visa based on Second preference family sponsor. Your case is normal :thumbs:

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

Timeline

Dear 1st my category was f2a and because of over age they put me in f2b and my mother file petition for me in 2003

oh that's not good :o Your case has already been in process for 10 years :o

This immigration system needs to be fixed :angry:

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Timeline

Today i got this email

Dear Sir/Madam

Our record indicates that the case is still pending under administrative process and we shall contact the applicant(s) upon completion of this process. Also, time duration for the process is always approximated therefore maximum cannot be predicted. If you do not hear anything from our office within 6 months of this response, please send us a follow up inquiry.

You may also check on the status of your case at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/

I hope this information will be helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you required any further inquiry.

Immigration Unit,

Consular Section, U.S. Embassy,

Islamabad, Pakistan

Whats Problem with us embassy .why they not tell us clear that they are going to give us visa or not ...wait 6 month for reply from embassy

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

Citizenship

Today i got this email

Dear Sir/Madam

Our record indicates that the case is still pending under administrative process and we shall contact the applicant(s) upon completion of this process. Also, time duration for the process is always approximated therefore maximum cannot be predicted. If you do not hear anything from our office within 6 months of this response, please send us a follow up inquiry.

You may also check on the status of your case at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/

I hope this information will be helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you required any further inquiry.

Immigration Unit,

Consular Section, U.S. Embassy,

Islamabad, Pakistan

Whats Problem with us embassy .why they not tell us clear that they are going to give us visa or not ...wait 6 month for reply from embassy

AND this is what i received...it doesn't make any sense....First they said yes now they are saying they havent received it

Dear Sir/Madam,

We haven’t receive any documents, once we receive we will forward it for review and it takes 2-3 weeks.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit, Consular Section

American Embassy, Islamabad

Timeline

oh..did you ask from American express?and do you have receipt from amex?

AND this is what i received...it doesn't make any sense....First they said yes now they are saying they havent received it

Dear Sir/Madam,

We haven't receive any documents, once we receive we will forward it for review and it takes 2-3 weeks.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit, Consular Section

American Embassy, Islamabad

Edited by Soccer.Player

MARCH 2012 2nd

Citizenship

Timeline

Send them email inquiry about papers expiring

I want to know if they embassy will tell me if my medical is expired or should i tell them about it please ? buz i have been AP 16 month I am sure my police and Medical and orther doccuments will be expired ? help me plz

MARCH 2012 2nd

Citizenship

Timeline

hello friends i have a question if some has same experience

my case was in ap it update on 12 march 2013 and then it change to ready

again on 13 march 2013 it change to ap what does it mean?.

Edited by please pray

Timeline

hi, guys i have quick question.. my wife case is still in AP islamabad 9 months in now. my child is with her who has American passport yet my child(year and half) never traveled to states.. so the question is her social security card is that something i can apply now or do i have to wait until she comes here.. ty

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey y'all,

Alright, I need some advice here...my husband applied for a B1/B2 tourist visa last year, had his interview in May '12 and of course was put on AP. Almost a year and still no word, checked his case status online and it shows his interview date and the 'administrative processing' message. A little background now (alert me on any red flags) We are both Pakistanis, however I was born and raised in the states and came to Pakistan to marry my husband, got pregnant and figured I'd visit my family with my hubby (who all live in the states). We were planning to stay in the U.S. for about 4 months and come back here to Pakistan because my husband's vacation time would be over, he is an attorney and manages a law firm so he cannot be away from courts/office for too long. So being the moody pregnant person that I was (I had horrific cravings for Taco Bell and Sonny's Bar B Que, among other things), I went to the states alone thinking my husband's visa would come at any time (how naive was I!) Time passed and lo and behold I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy, without my husband being there. I'm not even going to into the emotions that my husband felt, not being able to hold his newborn baby because of this AP douchebaggery (you'd think they have a better system in place). Anyway, now I'm thinking about changing his status to a K3 visa, I want to attempt to visit my family with my husband and child this summer. He will eventually need some kind of visa issuance to the U.S., whether it be non-immigrant or immigrant. Should I wait for this tourist visa to come through, or apply for the K3 visa or whatever else is required? Also I need details on what the process is, do you apply for immigrant visa then K3?

I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

Timeline

Other then that i am up to page 45 of this thread, learning interesting information to say the least. All thanks to Ebass and friends, i hope you guys are doing well. My wife case is 9 months in Ap, in these 9 months i have asked Senator and president help but found out they are useless(senator get same answer from embassy every two months and the president has forwarded our concern to uscis :wow: . . i am thinking about taking DOS to court because i don't see an end to this. . again Thank you Ebass for this wonderful thread..

Timeline

ShahBabbar,

I will try to answer your questions. I am not an expert but I suggest you stick with the B1/B2 visa. Your husband has already done a year of AP. His AP could be over at anytime. If you file the CR-1 marriage petition you will have to start all over. You will wait months for an approval then he will have an interview where the embassy might place him in AP again. I know you miss your husband and he misses you and your child but there are no quick fixes when it comes to Islamabad embassy. All of us have to wait and pray to get out of AP. I hope you are able to go visit your husband soon.

StabbingEcstay,

I feel your pain. I know a couple that waited in AP 4 years before they finally got their visa. You can take DOS to court but I would wait until she has been in AP for at least 16 months. Even then once you file the court papers the DOS has 90 days to respond. That's another 3 months! I took DOS to court after 16 months in AP. Our visa was denied because they said we married for immigration purposes. We appealed and won. Our case was sent back to the embassy in Islamabad where they placed us in AP again. After 8 months they are now requesting new DS230, affidavit of support and my husbands passport. For some reason Islamabad loves to put people in AP and leave them there but once they decide to issue the visa they move very quickly.

Timeline

its a good if your status change to ready from ap and after one day it change back to ap?

Edited by please pray

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I feel your pain. I know a couple that waited in AP 4 years before they finally got their visa. You can take DOS to court but I would wait until she has been in AP for at least 16 months. Even then once you file the court papers the DOS has 90 days to respond. That's another 3 months! I took DOS to court after 16 months in AP. Our visa was denied because they said we married for immigration purposes. We appealed and won. Our case was sent back to the embassy in Islamabad where they placed us in AP again. After 8 months they are now requesting new DS230, affidavit of support and my husbands passport. For some reason Islamabad loves to put people in AP and leave them there but once they decide to issue the visa they move very quickly.

Have CO from Islamabad Embassy talked to you yet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.