mido79

waiting time form NOA2 to interview K1 visa @cairo

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i just had my NOA2 early this month and im wondering about how long the waiting time we will have to get our interview?? im trying to prepare all required paper work so time is important factor here?? also i do need answer if any one have idea about CO sponsor allowed for K1 visa at Cairo embassy??

does the medical record when its done attached with packet 3 to the Embassy by DHL ?or my Fiancee will hand the record at the interview date??

thank you all for all your help.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

well when NVC forward your case to the embassy it shouldnt take long time to recieve your packet 3 for me it took 4 days so thats not a long wait. the long wait is when u send the packet 3 to them and wait for an interview date. i ve been waiting for a month now and nothing yet. prepare all your paper work and translate the arabic documents and leave the medical examination till you get the packet 3 u cant do it anyway until u recieve cuz u take the front letter with u to do the medical. good luck

K1 visa process
06/08/2011 I-129 sent
06/11/2011 I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)
09/23/2011 I-129F NOA2 (Approved)
10/11/2011 Package Received By NVC
10/11/2011 Package Left From NVC
10/16/2011 Received By Consulate
10/20/2011 Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)
11/09/2011 Complete Instructions (Pkt 3)
01/21/2012 Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4)
02/21/2012 Interview Date (K1 Visa)
02/21/2012 Interview Result Approved
02/29/2012 K1 Visa Received

03/16/2012 US Entry
03/19/2012 Marriage

Our AOS process
03/29/2012 AOS I-485/ EAD I-765/ AP I-131 filed
04/04/2012 NOA1 for AOS/ EAD/ AP
04/23/2012 Case transferred
05/08/2012 Biometric Appt Date for AOS and EAD
06/01/2012 EAD and Ap approved
06/09/2012 EAD and Ap combo card received
08/24/2012 AOS Approved
09/09/2012 Green Card received with no interview

Removing Conditions

05/27/2014 I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center

05/30/2014 Package Received

06/02/2014 NOA1

07/07/2014 Biometrics Appointment

12/01/2014 case transferred for California service center

01/13/2015 Second Biometrics appointment

01/23/2015 case approved

01/31/2015 Card Received

Timeline

i just had my NOA2 early this month and im wondering about how long the waiting time we will have to get our interview?? im trying to prepare all required paper work so time is important factor here?? also i do need answer if any one have idea about CO sponsor allowed for K1 visa at Cairo embassy??

does the medical record when its done attached with packet 3 to the Embassy by DHL ?or my Fiancee will hand the record at the interview date??

thank you all for all your help.

First your case will do a short stop at NVC. Then it will b forwarded to the embassy. After, you will receive packet 3 which contains all the documents and instructions. Once you complete it, you mail it back to the embassy via DHL. the medical must be mailed with the rest of the documents. The USC must prepeare the I-134 with required papers. If s/he doesn't make enough money s/he must get a sponsor.

Now, why would you want the sponsor at the interview and not the fiancee? Is it the same person?

Anyways, after you mail the papers, sit and wait for aprox 2-3 months for your interview.

Good luck!

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

well when NVC forward your case to the embassy it shouldnt take long time to recieve your packet 3 for me it took 4 days so thats not a long wait. the long wait is when u send the packet 3 to them and wait for an interview date. i ve been waiting for a month now and nothing yet. prepare all your paper work and translate the arabic documents and leave the medical examination till you get the packet 3 u cant do it anyway until u recieve cuz u take the front letter with u to do the medical. good luck

Thank you for your response .do you know for the medical record point that my fiancee will have to do the medical and send the record with rest of form with packet 3 back to the Embassy?? or the medical will done after receiving and sending packet 3 to the embassy ? so she will have her record with her until the day of the interview? than you for your help.

Timeline

First your case will do a short stop at NVC. Then it will b forwarded to the embassy. After, you will receive packet 3 which contains all the documents and instructions. Once you complete it, you mail it back to the embassy via DHL. the medical must be mailed with the rest of the documents. The USC must prepeare the I-134 with required papers. If s/he doesn't make enough money s/he must get a sponsor.

Now, why would you want the sponsor at the interview and not the fiancee? Is it the same person?

Anyways, after you mail the papers, sit and wait for aprox 2-3 months for your interview.

Good luck!

thank you for your advise,im the petitioner for my fiancee and im asking for my fiancee interview ..im filing the 1-134 form for her to send to the embassy with packet 3 for her interview but i did ask about co sponsor because i did stay long time on Egypt last time and im worry if there is no recent pay stub that will affect the visa ..so im thinking if its allowed for K1 visa applicant to have co sponsor?? may be we will be fine?thank you for your help

Timeline

thank you for your advise,im the petitioner for my fiancee and im asking for my fiancee interview ..im filing the 1-134 form for her to send to the embassy with packet 3 for her interview but i did ask about co sponsor because i did stay long time on Egypt last time and im worry if there is no recent pay stub that will affect the visa ..so im thinking if its allowed for K1 visa applicant to have co sponsor?? may be we will be fine?thank you for your help

ummmm, I don't know about that. I mean, everyone can get in the embassy. You can try, but I don't know if that'll help. Is that sponsor to fly to Egypt to go to the interview?

Timeline

ummmm, I don't know about that. I mean, everyone can get in the embassy. You can try, but I don't know if that'll help. Is that sponsor to fly to Egypt to go to the interview?

im in USA and im working with my fiancee to prepare for her packet 3 paper work and document hopefully she is going to get this packet soon .. one of these form the I-134 affidavit of support im the petitioner so im the one who need to fill this form ,what if my income was not good enough ? or for my specific reason i don't have recent pay stub i just got back form Egypt i was there for good period of time visiting her and im in middle of changing my job so i don't have recent pay stub to prove my current carrier .is it accepted to find any of my friends here in USA who does have enough income to be my Co sponsor for my K1 petition??

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

im in USA and im working with my fiancee to prepare for her packet 3 paper work and document hopefully she is going to get this packet soon .. one of these form the I-134 affidavit of support im the petitioner so im the one who need to fill this form ,what if my income was not good enough ? or for my specific reason i don't have recent pay stub i just got back form Egypt i was there for good period of time visiting her and im in middle of changing my job so i don't have recent pay stub to prove my current carrier .is it accepted to find any of my friends here in USA who does have enough income to be my Co sponsor for my K1 petition??

Yes they allow a co-sponsor for K1 petitions. Best wishes.

Timeline

Yes, make sure that your income covers the 125% over poverty guidelines. If it does, then you don't need a co-sponsor. Now, find someone suitable. If you're co-sponsor has a lot of dependents, that may be an issue even if that person makes enough money to cover you all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.