Welshcookie

What to you do......

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I missed that he was 10 ( sorry-it's written up there...duh me)....My son is 7. I've been on a fruit and veg-little sugar/no soda kick since I can't remember....

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My son is autistic and has an issue with about every food under the son. He loves his breads, cereals, chocolate milk.....basically anything that's bad for him. What I have learned to do is "doctor" a lot of his foods. Chocolate milk I do with instant breakfast, breads, pancakes, waffles, etc I add the very soft tofu to it. Makes them very moist and cake like. I've trying EVERYTHING to make food fun and nothing has worked. :unsure: I also use a lot of the V-8 Splash drinks.

I have even tried making him eat. Making him sit at the table till he eats, and he'll just sit there for hours, he could care less.

wow....you have all given me some food for thought here (hahaha :P )

behaviorism

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm tempted to say.. if you love him, cut those carbs. In our family, we identify as 'starch-atarians'. It's funny, but not, know what I mean? (L)

My mom got way into 'health foods" when my sis and I were kids. We refused to eat any of that stuff (bulgar, tofu, brown rice) if we could avoid it and spent our allowance on Cap'n Crunch cereal (which was usually eaten by hand out of the box--hiding in our rooms).

The ultimate irony was me opening a natural foods grocery store, but mom got over it after laughing herself silly. Oh yeah, for awhile I'm sure I had the only vegetarian restaurant in town where the owners were scarfing pepperoni pizza in the back room... :lol:

Kids, sheesh! :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Cut the refined sugars, maybe, but I'm pretty sure carbohydrates are an important part of a balanced diet.

I'm tempted to say.. if you love him, cut those carbs. In our family, we identify as 'starch-atarians'. It's funny, but not, know what I mean? (L)

My mom got way into 'health foods" when my sis and I were kids. We refused to eat any of that stuff (bulgar, tofu, brown rice) if we could avoid it and spent our allowance on Cap'n Crunch cereal (which was usually eaten by hand out of the box--hiding in our rooms).

The ultimate irony was me opening a natural foods grocery store, but mom got over it after laughing herself silly. Oh yeah, for awhile I'm sure I had the only vegetarian restaurant in town where the owners were scarfing pepperoni pizza in the back room... :lol:

Kids, sheesh! :)

signature here

Filed: Timeline

This makes me think of a few weeks ago one of the mothers on my daughter's soccer team sent out an e-mail for game snacks and said we should have no problems if we stick to healthy snacks. I replied that I guess that rules out beer and cigarettes, but what are "healthy snacks". Kid isn't going to die if they eat a donut once in a while.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Cut the refined sugars, maybe, but I'm pretty sure carbohydrates are an important part of a balanced diet.

These carbs?

"cereal, bread, tinned spagetti.....and the usual crappy crisps sweets etc"

Those are the ones I am referring to.

Cut = cut back or cut out, you choose.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Tell him that if he doesnt eat the big boys at school will beat him up, and get one of those boys to tell him the same thing...he will get to eating.

My son is 10 but the size of a 7/8 yr old. I cannot get him to try any other food out of the small food choices he will eat. I am seriously concerned about his eating habits......no veg, no meat :no: He survives on cereal, bread, tinned spagetti.....and the usual crappy crisps sweets etc.

It is becoming quite an issue between me and my husband. He is of the thought of putting food in front of him and if he doesn't eat it then he goes hungry. I really don't want food to become a battle for any of us, yet I am at a loss. I have 2 other older children who have and do eat anything, I don't know where the hell I went wrong on this one :lol:

So if you have any words of wisdom or can share any experiences I am all ears!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My daughters used to be very picky and barely ate. They seem to go through stages of eating a lot and then not eating very much at all. When my youngest started competing in swimming, she began to eat us out of house. True with our oldest daughter as well when she started cheerleading (which consists of a lot of body conditioning and gymnastics - she was a "flyer"). We just never made an issue out of it and generally tried to keep their diets balanced with lots of protein and vitamins.

good luck welshy

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I'm also of the school of thought that says "if he won't eat it, he'll go hungry" - particularly if, like me as a child, he has no pocket money/allowance and he can't buy himself #######.

Maybe I'm just mean - I've started limiting the amount of icecream my husband is allowed to eat in a day...

:D

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

I put up with it for the month but if they were my kids I would let them go hungry until they all ate the same thing.

Same at our house. This ain't no freakin restaurant. You eat what's on the table when everyone else eats or you will just be hungry.

I wasn't raised that way either. I would have never dreamed of demanding my own meal.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I'm a little worried this will happen when I have kids. I was a really fussy eater when I was young. I'm still pretty fussy now. But much better than I used to be. I'm hoping motherhood will make me push my fussyness aside and let me eat more veggies so I can be a good example to my kids.

Although nothing will ever convince me to eat peanuts/peanut butter. :P

I put up with it for the month but if they were my kids I would let them go hungry until they all ate the same thing.

Same at our house. This ain't no freakin restaurant. You eat what's on the table when everyone else eats or you will just be hungry.

I wasn't raised that way either. I would have never dreamed of demanding my own meal.

same here..a first class spectacular azz beating would have commenced by the old man

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835