Chicago22

Amerasian

2 posts in this topic

Although, I very happy for all the recent approvals, I cant help but feel a little jealous and depressed with this whole process. I still haven't gotten my IMBRA RFE!!

It seems that our situation might be a little more complicated than expected. My fiance, is what the USCIS defines as an Amerasian. My fiance was born in Olongapo, a city surrounding a former Naval Base Subic Bay. She one of many thousands of babies born during or after the Vietnam war, who was fathered by American sailors. Her mother gave her up for adoption without knowing who here real father is. Her birth certificate is Bogus!!! There was so many babies born at that time that proper paperwork was not filed. On her birth certificate, it has her adopted mother's name and the father is left blank. This is a big deal becuase the philippines sued the US navy for money raising the babies. In 1982 Ronald Reagean signed a deal that allowed these Amerasians to become US Citizens even though the father had not claim as their babies.

I just wonder if this is delaying our process?? I can never prove that she was a daughter of an American sailor but if you just look at her, she definitely is not full filipina. In my eyes, she is an American citizen!!

But my opinions dont count. :(

Anyways, I need advice. Can I tell USCIS about this...to hopefully expediate the paperwork? But then again why, because I am filing for a fiance visa not fo her coming as an Amerasian. I just needed someone to ask or talk too. Maybe someone can offer me some sound advice.

Loosing hope in Chicago

Although, I very happy for all the recent approvals, I cant help but feel a little jealous and depressed with this whole process. I still haven't gotten my IMBRA RFE!!

It seems that our situation might be a little more complicated than expected. My fiance, is what the USCIS defines as an Amerasian. My fiance was born in Olongapo, a city surrounding a former Naval Base Subic Bay. She one of many thousands of babies born during or after the Vietnam war, who was fathered by American sailors. Her mother gave her up for adoption without knowing who here real father is. Her birth certificate is Bogus!!! There was so many babies born at that time that proper paperwork was not filed. On her birth certificate, it has her adopted mother's name and the father is left blank. This is a big deal becuase the philippines sued the US navy for money raising the babies. In 1982 Ronald Reagean signed a deal that allowed these Amerasians to become US Citizens even though the father had not claim as their babies.

I just wonder if this is delaying our process?? I can never prove that she was a daughter of an American sailor but if you just look at her, she definitely is not full filipina. In my eyes, she is an American citizen!!

But my opinions dont count. :(

Anyways, I need advice. Can I tell USCIS about this...to hopefully expediate the paperwork? But then again why, because I am filing for a fiance visa not fo her coming as an Amerasian. I just needed someone to ask or talk too. Maybe someone can offer me some sound advice.

Loosing hope in Chicago

Two things: All she needs is a birthcertificate from the FSO. If it is from the FSO the Philippines and Embassy recognizes it. The birthcertificate only serves two purposes, proof of age and citizenship.

Second, Unless her adopted mom took her to the embassy when Regan did this and she officially became a U.S. citizen, she is still a filipino, not to mention she has to declare citizenship at the age of 18. I know this because my daughter was born in the PI and is dual citizen until next summer.

I do not think telling the USCIS the detailed story will help speed things up. The FSO birthcertificate is all u need. Good luck Payato

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.