mmb

Does anyone know what form we were sent?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I know this might seem stupid to ask but I don't know if this is an NOA or RFE or something else as they sent back our whole petition with it. The front page of the I-129F we sent has been stamped with VT***** .

The blue form has no A# or reciept # on there but it does have the 5 digit number that was handwritten over the stamp.

Does anyone know just what this is?

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-18

NVC Received : 2006-10-20

NVC Left : 2006-10-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2006-12-07

Interview Date : 2007-01-31

Visa Received : 2007-02-03

US Entry : 2007-03-06

Marriage : 2007-03-30

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

It could be a rejection. Did you mess up payment or signatures? The form should have more information. Does it say anything?

Rejections aren't a big deal, you just have to fix the problem and send it back. Happened to me. :(

signature here

I know this might seem stupid to ask but I don't know if this is an NOA or RFE or something else as they sent back our whole petition with it. The front page of the I-129F we sent has been stamped with VT***** .

The blue form has no A# or reciept # on there but it does have the 5 digit number that was handwritten over the stamp.

There should be more information on the sheet, as to why you were sent it...

Timeline

There is, I posted that in a previous topic and we have already dealt with it. I just want to know more about the paper we were sent and what the number on it and stanped on the I-129F application might be.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Consulate Received :

Filed: Timeline
There is, I posted that in a previous topic and we have already dealt with it. I just want to know more about the paper we were sent and what the number on it and stanped on the I-129F application might be.

We can't really say if we are not aware of what it was for. Perhaps you could link to it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

When they reject the entire packet, it is a problem with the payment or you did not sign the I-129F form.

Is your check attached? Is the $$ amount correct? Lastly, did you sign your I-129F? You cannot submit a copy of the I-129F, it must be the original doc with your handwritten signature.

Read the Blue sheet. It states what is missing/wrong with your package. Correct it and resubmit!

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

We can't really say if we are not aware of what it was for. Perhaps you could link to it?

...or you may consider actually reading the paper to see what it sez. There is no way we could even guess with the information that yu have supplied. They do not return the petition to you unless there is something wrong with the submittal.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

lol

signature here

It's just a blue sheet of paper. Nothing's entered formally into the system so you don't get a case number, just a rejection. If you look at the Vermont Service Center's site, they explain what the stamp is:

"Applications are stamped with the time and date of physical receipt, not the time and date they are actually opened. Mail with fees enclosed is routed immediately to mail assembly. Cases that are filed prematurely (before the applicant was eligible or met the legal criteria) or that were filed on an outdated form are prepared for manual rejection at this point. Cases lacking proper signature or correct fee are identified for system rejection."

So the stamp is 'Ooh, looky, another application.' and the blue letter is 'Oops, take a mulligan.'

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

There are samples of the approval NOAs here on VJ: http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
It's just a blue sheet of paper. Nothing's entered formally into the system so you don't get a case number, just a rejection. If you look at the Vermont Service Center's site, they explain what the stamp is:

"Applications are stamped with the time and date of physical receipt, not the time and date they are actually opened. Mail with fees enclosed is routed immediately to mail assembly. Cases that are filed prematurely (before the applicant was eligible or met the legal criteria) or that were filed on an outdated form are prepared for manual rejection at this point. Cases lacking proper signature or correct fee are identified for system rejection."

So the stamp is 'Ooh, looky, another application.' and the blue letter is 'Oops, take a mulligan.'

Thank you , this explains what I needed to know, we had sent everything in exactly as asked, sadly some numpty who opened the package decided we had used photocopies of signatures and not originals. This time we sent the package back having printed the forms on thinner paper and used a blue pen to sign everything, hopefully is they think we just printed the signatures in blue they will see that the pen almost went through the paper in places. They clearly rejected the whole package erroneously but better to give them what they want than try telling them they made a mistake.

There are samples of the approval NOAs here on VJ: http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/

Thank you, useful to know what these look like

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Consulate Received :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.