Sign in to follow this  
Linababe

Re-applying for the K1 visa

14 posts in this topic

Situation: If one has the interview date for the K1 visa and unfortunately circumstances dont work out and the K1 visa has been officially cancelled. Then lets say a few months down the line things get back to normal and the petyitioner wants to continue the original plans.

Does anyone know how long the London embassy would keep the existing K1 file open?

Could one just ring them to say this was the case number can we proceed?

Would the petitioner have to start all over again?

If a new case is started, then would the immigration ppl see red flags? will they be more cautions and question everything?

Is there a time limit before the petitioner could petition again for the same person?

Has anyone out there re-applyed for the k1 visa for the same person??

Any idea/comments/advice appreciated.

Lina (UKC)

Hi,

If the K1 was officially cancelled I would think you would need to re-apply with a new I-129F petition. I don't believe the second petition would bring up red flags - besides those brought about by new IMBRA rules regarding multiple petitions. Not sure of the exact limitations on number of petitions (the new I-129F forms will tell you) but a waiver may be required. All relationships have their ups and downs and I don't believe that would be held against you.

Perhaps check the status with the embassy and if cancelled/expired you may be able to pick up from where you left off.

Good luck. :)

Edited by michellek1976

Situation: If one has the interview date for the K1 visa and unfortunately circumstances dont work out and the K1 visa has been officially cancelled. Then lets say a few months down the line things get back to normal and the petyitioner wants to continue the original plans.

Does anyone know how long the London embassy would keep the existing K1 file open?

If a new case is started, then would the immigration ppl see red flags? will they be more cautions and question everything?

Is there a time limit before the petitioner could petition again for the same person?

Lina (UKC)

You start all over again. The original "file" is closed and will not be reopened. You need to complete the paperwork again, pay the $170, G325s, etc. Would USCIS see "red flags"? These people are always looking for red flags. Question #11 on the I-129F that asks if you've ever filed before. You'd respond "YES" and give the name of the beneficiary and the "A#" if it was received. You could explain your situation on a seperate piece of paper, but it is not necessary.

Just file again. You'll be OK.

Lina (UKC)

You start all over again. The original "file" is closed and will not be reopened. You need to complete the paperwork again, pay the $170, G325s, etc. Would USCIS see "red flags"? These people are always looking for red flags. Question #11 on the I-129F that asks if you've ever filed before. You'd respond "YES" and give the name of the beneficiary and the "A#" if it was received. You could explain your situation on a seperate piece of paper, but it is not necessary.

Just file again. You'll be OK.

Forgot to mention......

Your timeline shows that your Interview is October 12, 2006. You should FIRST, contact the Embassy. I'd think that you are still on track just from reading your timeline.

Firstly we need an answer here as to how the long the approval for Lina's current petition is good. I don't know that.

Pending that answer will determine her next step..............

Firstly we need an answer here as to how the long the approval for Lina's current petition is good. I don't know that.

Pending that answer will determine her next step..............

Well, they're good for 4 months, right? I think....

Edited by devilette

I say contact the Embassy about keeping the application open, but one of the other posters brought up some good points. If this is the second time your fiance has broken it off with you, are you sure this is the right guy for you? I think you should be more concerned with YOU and the state of your relationship than your visa app.

Lina,

Seriously... you have 6 months to use the visa. Go to the interview. Get the visa. See what happens. It might be difficult emotionally, but the time it will take to re-apply will be very difficult on the two you, especially considering what you've already been through.

Thinking of you,

Jen

Thank you all for your comments advice .

Ok as far as I know the NOA2 would expire in October as when I emailed the embassy some time ago asking how long I have to mail in my pack 3 they said as long as it is sent in by october - which we finally did. I have emailed the embassy asking if they can postpone my interview till some time in november as I am having family and personal problems - I have yet to hear from them.

I cant go to the medical and interview as David was supposed to send me the money to do so - and I really cant afford to pay for it just yet. Beside his employer letter was a fax and was not signed - so I had asked him to get a new one signed which ofcourse he hasnt done so now cuz of him getting cold feet etc.

If I contact the embassy what can I say? my partner and I are having problems right now can you hold open our case? will that not sound bad?

So basically all I can do is wait for the embassy to email me back about the postponing for the interview to november - if things still havent been worked out by then I need to contact them again to see how long the case can remain open right?

I am so devastated by all this I know he is just getting cold feet as all we have done recently is argue about the visa stuff, I am so stressed with it all and I know most of it is my fault. I forgot about US and having fun and our relationship - Damn it anyoen going through this visa process please be careful not to let it take over and ruin your relationship like it has done with mine.

Lina

I'm so very sorry Lina. I hope you take care of yourself and get this all sorted. I wish I had some idea of what is the best route from you here on out. Just take care of yourself, don't listen to the told you so's that I have a feeling you'll get from your family (just based on past posts). Just take care of yourself...

Joey

UPDATE: well i called the embassy phoneline £1.20/min - the guy looked up m,y case number and the date he has for my interview is 10 December at 10am - although officially i havent got this in writing as they havent repied to my email - so i guess they have postponed it - i only hope David comes to his sences before that.

UPDATE: well i called the embassy phoneline £1.20/min - the guy looked up m,y case number and the date he has for my interview is 10 December at 10am - although officially i havent got this in writing as they havent repied to my email - so i guess they have postponed it - i only hope David comes to his sences before that.

BOTHERATIONS!! I noticed that this date was a sunday - so i rang them again today and guess what another lady said on her computer it still says 12 October for my interview date. So all i have to do now is wait for them to reply to my email that I sent on 22 september.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.