Sign in to follow this  
englishamericanvisa

1-129f goes to NVC or straight to foreign embassy?

5 posts in this topic

For K3, Does anyone know definitely whether our approved 1-129fs go from the National Benefits Centre in Missouri to NVC and onto the foreign embassy, or do they go straight from Missouri to the foreign embassy, missing out the NVC?

On the yellow Immigration Choices table on VJ it says the 1-129f does not go to the NVC, but on another section it says it does.

If it does go to the NVC, does it sit there long?

Thanks.

It goes there.. Any service center does not correspond to any Consulate or foreign missions itself. They have to go through NVC and NVC cables or electronically transfers data off to respective embassies.. Again, this is the case with every case, no exceptions. Also it doesn't take long for NVC to forward cases I-129F cuz mostly embassy takes care of the documentation unlike I-130 in which most of the processing is done by NVC..

Looks like you already got your answer so I will just echo the same here:

Our I -129F was at NVC for about 1 week. Then it was forwarded to the US Embassy in Manils.

Technically the petition can be at NVC for up to 4 weeks, although I have not heard of this happening on many ocassions. If they get a name hit for security reasons at NCV then it can be there even longer.

I-130 petitions are at NVC from 6-8 weeks as they go through many more steps in the Immigrant visa process.

Rob and Melinda

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.