United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden St.

Saint Albans, Vermont 05479 9/26/2006

Re: Request for Expedited Service

Receipt Number: EAC-**-***-*****

Dear Sir or Madam:

On July 28, 2006, you received my response to your request for evidence or information. You stated that preliminary processing was complete, and the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. On your website it stated that I’ll receive a written decision on this case within 60 days of USCIS receiving the requested information.

I called the USCIS phone line and the message confirms that I should have had a decision or another request for evidence or information within 60 days of USCIS receiving the information. The customer service line says to contact the USCIS by phone if you have not heard anything within the 60 days. I called and was instructed by a customer service representative to fax a request for expedited service as I am outside normal processing times.

As suggested by the USCIS customer service line. I would like to request that the processing of my petition, and request for evidence, or information receive expedited service for being outside the normal 60 day processing time given for a request for evidence or information.

I would also like to mention that I belong to a public forum, which is geared towards the I-129f process. I have noticed that 237 or more people, who filed their petition after mine, have received a decision on their petition. I have not even received an update on the USCIS case status web-page since July 29, 2006.

Please take my request into consideration as I feel completely lost and in the dark. This period of absence between my fiancée and I has been very heavy on our hearts. We miss each other entirely too much and are eagerly looking forward to spending our lives together. I ask you to please put yourself in my situation and see what can be done. Thank you!! J

Sincerely,

Andrew James Solomon Date:

Petitioner

I've recently started a writing and editing business, and I actually have a couple of suggestions. I've worked to make you more concise and to the point, as well as taking out anything that will put you in a position of relative weakness (e.g. anything emotional). Stick to the facts. It's the facts, if anything, that will matter and make a dent with these people. Put your date at the top, in your heading, rather than at the bottom of your letter. See suggested edits to the body of your text below:

Dear Sir or Madam:

On July 28, 2006, I complied with a USCIS request for evidence or information dated [insert date of request]. USCIS's [insert date] reply subsequently stated that preliminary processing of my case was complete, and that remaining processing time would be less than the maximum stated in the message. The USCIS website and call center similarly state that I should have received a written decision on my case within 60 days of receipt of the requested information. USCIS additionally advises a phone inquiry should no news be received within the stated 60 days.

On [insert date], I followed recommended procedure and called USCIS. A customer service representative suggested that I fax a request for expedited service as I am now easily outside normal processing times. I thus write to request this expedited processing of my case, recourse for which USCIS policy provides.

I would like to add that I belong to a public forum that both supports those going through the K-1 visa process and compiles statistics derived from the experience of its members. Due to its size, the group provides an excellent representative sample. I have noticed that while I have not even received an update on my case, at least 237 forum members who filed after me have received decisions on their K-1 petitions since July 29, 2006. It would seem that something has gone quite amiss.

I very much appreciate your attention to my concerns and request for expedited processing. I look forward to a timely response and resolution.

Sincerely,

Andrew James Solomon

Petitioner

I'll be praying for you!! :thumbs:

Edited by Kirsten L

Well stated! That should get something moving unless they are completely cold hearted... well, that's entirely possible, but we have to think on the bright side.

I think you will get your decision soon after sending this. It just needs to be brought to their immediate attention.

Hi Andy,

did you think about contacting your congressman? We were in a similar situation - no approval, no touch, nothing - way after the normal processing times. We contacted a congressman and 2 days later we were approved! i dont think it was a coincidence... I would at least try it on your place. Have a look at our timeline... I wish you good luck and all the best for your future together!

Mimi

Ok, I faxed it and mailed it. I'm going to contact my congressman as well. They shouldn't give themselves a 60 window if they can't comply. I know they cover there bases on this and don't have to give an answer. At least it gives me a reason to start prying for information.

Even if your case isn't entitled to an expedition, it will mean someone has to pick up your file and hopefully they will see what you've been trying to tell them - it's abnormally late for a VSC petition.

Good luck. 80% :D

Edited by michellek1976

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.