theresa

How can I correct this issue? Should I speak to a director? How?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Ok, here is my story.

My fiance is a Korean, and she used to work in China when she filed the petition. We put her address in China in the petition, asked for the interview to be held in Seoul Embassy and put her address in Seoul as she planed to quit her job in Aug. And she did resigned in Aug and in Seoul now waiting for an interview.

Now, NVC assigned a case to Seoul embassy originally and someone re assigned to China because her address is in China and shipped out the package today. We found out about this error last Friday and sent NVC an email and a fax to correct this issue. But nothing was done.

Now, my package is with DHL, how can I correct this? Any advise or ideas?

I am very very angry about this as I hope that everything is almost over and there is another delay... No one in NVC can tell me whether this can be fixed or not either... I was also told that waiting for an interview in China is much much longer than Korea.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Might be time to contact congressman and senator's office.

Ditto good advice :thumbs:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Might be time to contact congressman and senator's office.

I am agreeing with this. They take A LONG TIME to get back to you though ... so I would suggest writing a long letter tonight, and putting it in the overnight delivery bin! Seriously! Good luck and all the best! Keep us posted!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Trinidad & Tobago

4-18: I-129F Sent

4-25: I-129F NOA1

6-23: I-129F RFE

8-27: Sent RFE Reply

9-15: I-129F NOA2 FINALLY!!! Thanks be to you lord!

9-19: NOA2 by postmarked in snail mail (rcvd' around the 22nd)

10-12: Received e-mail from the NVC stating they recently forwarded our petition to the consulate! =)

10-17: Consulate received petition from NVC and mailed out packet 3 & 4

10-25: Johann collects Packet 3 & 4 from embassy!

10-27: Return information to the embassy!

11-7: Received Packet 4

11-28: INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT~ APPROVED

12-1: Visa Picked up from Embassy

12-23: Johann is coming to the STATES! Yay!

3-17: It's a GREEN Wedding!!!

picture051ay0.th.jpg

"Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart."

- Rozina Hasham

americanflagyj1.th.giftrinidadflagmf1.th.gif[/font][/color][/font]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think your best bet is to actually contact the Chinese embassy(by phone if possible), since your case has now left the NVC; I don't think there is much they can do for you there once the package is sent. However, the embassy can change your address and forward your case to the correct embassy. I'm also not sure how much help a congressman/senator would be, as it sounds like a--frustrating!--mistake. I don't think the NVC goes by what embassy you mark down(as people often don't know which is the correct one), particularly if it conflicts with the address you used. I hope you get this resolved soon, good luck!

Filed: Timeline
Ok, here is my story.

My fiance is a Korean, and she used to work in China when she filed the petition. We put her address in China in the petition, asked for the interview to be held in Seoul Embassy and put her address in Seoul as she planed to quit her job in Aug. And she did resigned in Aug and in Seoul now waiting for an interview.

Now, NVC assigned a case to Seoul embassy originally and someone re assigned to China because her address is in China and shipped out the package today. We found out about this error last Friday and sent NVC an email and a fax to correct this issue. But nothing was done.

Now, my package is with DHL, how can I correct this? Any advise or ideas?

I am very very angry about this as I hope that everything is almost over and there is another delay... No one in NVC can tell me whether this can be fixed or not either... I was also told that waiting for an interview in China is much much longer than Korea.

:lol: how funny

there is a lady name Cindisha

she can be normally found in the Islambad embassy.

she did the same thing you did.

I can tell you this much.. if you were to interview in Korea.

this could cause you even more problems. took Cindi about 2 years to fix things.

anyways contact her she will explain to you what she did. good luck..

shon.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

My fiance just had his interview in Korea today, and it went fine, he was Approved, I see nothing wrong with the Korean Consulate at all. Our case was somewhat a difficult one too, so I would suggest the Korean Consulate, they are very nice, helpful and very efficient and easy to deal with, so if you can get it transferred back there, that is what I would do.

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Thank you everyone for your advise. I am contacting both Chinese embassy and NVC to see whether the petition can be re routed to Seoul. I will let you know the progress.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.