M L M

how long it takes petition receive to US Embassy from NVC?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone in VJ!!!

The NVC send our petition last Nov. 18, 2011. I'm just curious if how long does it take that the US embassy will receive it? Should I gonna wait the packet to receive it on my place before scheduling my interview? Does this packet is really important during my medical Examination and in my interview?

What are the requirements at St. Luke? Please help!!! :)

All of your help are really appreciated.. :)

After your NVC case is complete, it takes around 10 days for the Embassy to recieve it. The NVC will schedule your interview appointment, (usually about a month or so from when the your case is complete). You will be notified by email. You can go have your medical done before your interview even if you haven't recieved your interview appointment letter, Just bring your passport, 3 passport style photos, and your NOA letter and the NVC letter with your NVC number.... No appointment necessary, its first come, first served... so go early, people start lining up at 4:30am

Edited by CMAGR8DX

Timeline

After your NVC case is complete, it takes around 10 days for the Embassy to recieve it. The NVC will schedule your interview appointment, (usually about a month or so from when the your case is complete). You will be notified by email. You can go have your medical done before your interview even if you haven't recieved your interview appointment letter, Just bring your passport, 3 passport style photos, and your NOA letter and the NVC letter with your NVC number.... No appointment necessary, its first come, first served... so go early, people start lining up at 4:30am

Okay! :)I'm just curious about the NVC will schedule my Interview! I read some reviews that you will be the one will schedule your interview, wev'e got right now our MNLcase#, after you pay the BPI and if your case has been enter to the system of the Embassy you can start scheduling your interview is this correct????

thank you for your Ans. i really appreciated it.:)

Timeline

Okay! :)I'm just curious about the NVC will schedule my Interview! I read some reviews that you will be the one will schedule your interview, wev'e got right now our MNLcase#, after you pay the BPI and if your case has been enter to the system of the Embassy you can start scheduling your interview is this correct????

thank you for your Ans. i really appreciated it.:)

Give them at least 2-3 weeks to get the petition in and enter it into their database. You can go ahead and pay your visa fee at BPI if you already have your Philippine passport, MNL Case Number, NOA1, and NOA2. Once you make a payment and the US Embassy enters it into their database, you can then schedule your appointment online at https://cgifederal.secure.force.com

If you try to schedule your interview online after making payment BUT the US Embassy has not entered your petition into their database, it will not let you schedule your interview.

Also, when you schedule your interview online and the part where it ask for your receipt number... it's actually asking for your fiancee's Philippine passport number.

Vermont Service Center

US Embassy In Manila, The Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2011-04-25

I-129F NOA1: 2011-04-26

I-129F NOA2: 2011-09-29

NVC Received:2011-09-29

NVC Left: 2011-10-18

Consulate Received: 2011-11-03

Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-07

Interview Date: 2011-11-23

Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline

Give them at least 2-3 weeks to get the petition in and enter it into their database. You can go ahead and pay your visa fee at BPI if you already have your Philippine passport, MNL Case Number, NOA1, and NOA2. Once you make a payment and the US Embassy enters it into their database, you can then schedule your appointment online at https://cgifederal.secure.force.com

If you try to schedule your interview online after making payment BUT the US Embassy has not entered your petition into their database, it will not let you schedule your interview.

Also, when you schedule your interview online and the part where it ask for your receipt number... it's actually asking for your fiancee's Philippine passport number.

Ahh!! okay, Thank you for the info. :) yes i have my passport and we have also the MNLXXXXXXX.. no. I just want to ask if what packet will send by the US Embassy in me, when should they send it? Do i need to wait for it? I read some reviews that St. Luke will ask for it. Should I wait the packet before my medical examination at St. Luke?

Thank you for responding my post. :)

The NVC send our petition last Nov. 18, 2011. I'm just curious if how long does it take that the US embassy will receive it? Should I gonna wait the packet to receive it on my place before scheduling my interview? Does this packet is really important during my medical Examination and in my interview?

What are the requirements at St. Luke? Please help!!! :)

All of your help are really appreciated.. :)

Ahh!! okay, Thank you for the info. :) yes i have my passport and we have also the MNLXXXXXXX.. no. I just want to ask if what packet will send by the US Embassy in me, when should they send it? Do i need to wait for it? I read some reviews that St. Luke will ask for it. Should I wait the packet before my medical examination at St. Luke?

Thank you for responding my post. :)

If you want to receive your visa as soon as possible, here's what to do:

> Since you are a K-1er, you must schedule your own interview. The NVC schedules interviews for IR-1ers and CR-1ers.

> The Embassy won't send you a "packet." Instead, they will send you a letter. It could take two months or more to receive the letter. Do not wait for the letter. The letter simply tells you that you are eligible to schedule an interview, and gives you information on how to prepare for the interview. You don't need to wait for the letter because you can read it if you click here.

> Pay the visa fee at BPI today. Start trying to schedule an interview tomorrow either online or through the call center. Keep trying to schedule an interview every day. You will know when the Embassy has received your approved petition and entered it into their system because you will be able to successfully schedule an interview. If you are trying to schedule an interview through the call center, and the call center asks you whether you have received a letter from the Embassy already, tell them "yes."

> You don't need the Embassy's eligibility letter for St. Lukes. Take your USCIS NOA approval letter, your MNL case number, and your interview appointment printout to St. Lukes and complete your medical. The requirements for St. Lukes are in the pinned thread at the top of this page, and also on St. Lukes web site. Also, go to St. Lukes website and pre-register for your medical because it will save you time when you go for your medical.

Okey-doke? :)

• 1 year later...
Timeline

I guess she understood you since she didn't bother to reply back to you.

Our K-1 VISA Process & NCLEX-RN Exam Status

• 04/24/2013 - I-129F Sent
  • 04/29/2013 - NOA1 Touched
  • 05/02/2013 - Left to visit my baby for the 3rd time!
  • 05/03/2013 - NOA1 Hardcopy received
  • 06/04/2013 - Flight back to the U.S.
  • 07/29/2013 - NOA2 (approval text) received (only 87 days since NOA1 Notice Date)
  • 08/02/2013 - NOA2 Hardcopy received
  • 08/14/2013 - Mailed all necessary post-NOA2 docs to sweetheart in preparation for her medical/interview!
  • 08/19/2013 - Manila Case # given by NVC (exactly 3 wks since NOA2)
  • 08/26/2013 - Manila Case # Hardcopy received, perfect timing for...
  • 08/26/2013 - Our 1-year ANNIVERSARY! dancin5hr.gif
  • 08/28/2013 - Post-NOA2 docs received (only 13 days!)
  • 09/02/2013 - Filed college credentials for CGFNS
  • 09/03/2013 - Paid $240 visa fee at BPI
  • 09/03/2013 - Mailed fingerprints to MorphoTrust
  • 09/04/2013 - Interview calendar (finally) viewable
  • 09/11/2013 - Releasing of credentials @ UPH
  • 09/12/2013 - Mailed off UPH credentials to CGFNS
  • 09/16/2013 - Medical Examination
  • 09/17/2013 - Immunizations
  • 09/18/2013 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!! (< 5 months for everything!!)dancin5hr.gif
  • 09/19/2013 - Case Status: Ready
  • 09/23/2013 - Case Status: Administrative Processing
  • 09/24/2013 - Case Status: Issued!
  • 09/25/2013 - Releasing of credentials @ MCNP - pick up and send to CGFNS
blk-event.png

Timeline

" You don't need the Embassy's eligibility letter for St. Lukes. Take your USCIS NOA approval letter, your MNL case number, and your interview appointment printout to St. Lukes and complete your medical"

Where do you get the interview appt. printout?

" You don't need the Embassy's eligibility letter for St. Lukes. Take your USCIS NOA approval letter, your MNL case number, and your interview appointment printout to St. Lukes and complete your medical"

Where do you get the interview appt. printout?

Our K-1 VISA Process & NCLEX-RN Exam Status

• 04/24/2013 - I-129F Sent
  • 04/29/2013 - NOA1 Touched
  • 05/02/2013 - Left to visit my baby for the 3rd time!
  • 05/03/2013 - NOA1 Hardcopy received
  • 06/04/2013 - Flight back to the U.S.
  • 07/29/2013 - NOA2 (approval text) received (only 87 days since NOA1 Notice Date)
  • 08/02/2013 - NOA2 Hardcopy received
  • 08/14/2013 - Mailed all necessary post-NOA2 docs to sweetheart in preparation for her medical/interview!
  • 08/19/2013 - Manila Case # given by NVC (exactly 3 wks since NOA2)
  • 08/26/2013 - Manila Case # Hardcopy received, perfect timing for...
  • 08/26/2013 - Our 1-year ANNIVERSARY! dancin5hr.gif
  • 08/28/2013 - Post-NOA2 docs received (only 13 days!)
  • 09/02/2013 - Filed college credentials for CGFNS
  • 09/03/2013 - Paid $240 visa fee at BPI
  • 09/03/2013 - Mailed fingerprints to MorphoTrust
  • 09/04/2013 - Interview calendar (finally) viewable
  • 09/11/2013 - Releasing of credentials @ UPH
  • 09/12/2013 - Mailed off UPH credentials to CGFNS
  • 09/16/2013 - Medical Examination
  • 09/17/2013 - Immunizations
  • 09/18/2013 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!! (< 5 months for everything!!)dancin5hr.gif
  • 09/19/2013 - Case Status: Ready
  • 09/23/2013 - Case Status: Administrative Processing
  • 09/24/2013 - Case Status: Issued!
  • 09/25/2013 - Releasing of credentials @ MCNP - pick up and send to CGFNS
blk-event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.