Sign in to follow this  
LoosingHope

Imbra after Noa2

5 posts in this topic

I received my Noa2 . Then 5 days later I got another RFE which is imbra . Now I have sent that back . Does this mean my paperwork has now gone to the national center or is it still up at VSC. Little worried about the timeline here as my Noa2 says December 28th as the deadline.

I received my Noa2 . Then 5 days later I got another RFE which is imbra . Now I have sent that back . Does this mean my paperwork has now gone to the national center or is it still up at VSC. Little worried about the timeline here as my Noa2 says December 28th as the deadline.

Just got our NOA2 today in the mail. Approved 9/20/06 says it is good till 1/19/07 If yours is good till 2006? Have you received a NVC number to track? No notice fron NVC? Has your Fiance seen any paperwork?

Call the number on your NOA2 for NVC and give them your approval number.

If you original filing date was September 2005 as it says in your timelines, IMBRA does not affect you and Vermont has messed up again. Maybe you should start by calling VSC to inquire/verify their error. (Approved I-129Fs can be extended by the consulate with very little difficulty if need be).

As I understand it IMBRA shouldn't apply to you if you filed before March 6th of 2006. Also, if you have your NOA2 in hand I cannot understand why you would recieve another RFE. Your timeline states you recieved an RFE in July...was that not the IMBRA RFE? I guess my advice would be to call the customer service line, and get an exact answer to the status of your case. Good luck.

Go ahead and call, but I would also send that RFE filled out and back to them. You have a hit somewhere linked to the RFE on your case, even though it is a mistake to get it now. Follow through, fill it out, and send it back. Complete the paper trail, don't leave anything open. It is stupid yes, but don't give USCIS or NVC, or anyone else a reason to hold you up down the road for their error.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.