Sign in to follow this  
thai2luv

Spouse's name on AOS forms

9 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

My wife arrived here on a K1 visa and we are now completing the I-485, I-864, EAD and AP forms.

My wife would like to keep her maiden name as her new middle name (she did not previously have a middle name). Do we just complete all the forms with her maiden name as her new middle name, or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks

I also use my maiden name as my middle name and my husband lastname as my lastname after marriage same as your wife.

So all of my application forms for I-485 were completed in that way.

As long as you keep all forms (i.e. SSN, Driver's license, etc.) consistent with your name it should be less complicated.

Edited by pattra

I did the same thing. Didn't have a middle name, so put the maiden name as my middle name. So far no problem. But remember when you go to do the biometrics bring with you the marriage license.

I had mine las thursday. On the appointment letter it shows my new last name only, and I had my passport as an indentification paper which is in my maiden name. I was asked if I had the marriage license, I didn't... I was told to wait, the lady at the entrace, took my passport and appointement letter to her boss. Came back 5 mins later and I was fine. I was allowed to have the biometrics taken.

So just to be double sure bring with you the marriage license.

Frida

I did the same thing. Didn't have a middle name, so put the maiden name as my middle name. So far no problem. But remember when you go to do the biometrics bring with you the marriage license.

I had mine las thursday. On the appointment letter it shows my new last name only, and I had my passport as an indentification paper which is in my maiden name. I was asked if I had the marriage license, I didn't... I was told to wait, the lady at the entrace, took my passport and appointement letter to her boss. Came back 5 mins later and I was fine. I was allowed to have the biometrics taken.

So just to be double sure bring with you the marriage license.

Frida

Thanks.

Since my wife did not have any middle name, I concerned about putting her maiden name as her middle name on all the AOS forms, and whether or not that will create any problems down the road.

I would hate to get an RFE requiring I complete all the forms again because of the middle name issue.

What actually needs to be used, is what is on the marriage certificate!!!

If you changed her middle name to her last name, and last name to married name, or anything else, as long as that is what is shown on the marriage certificate, you'll be fine.

That is what we did for my wife as well, but we started by changing it on the marriage license.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.