Sign in to follow this  
AndyAlina

How to Pack the Packet

16 posts in this topic

Hi all,

This maybe an extremely silly question, but I was wondering what type of envelope, or packaging everyone used for sending their packet in.

I'm planning on putting the documents inside of a large manila envelope (sealed and labelled with our names and "I-129F Original Submission) and then putting this inside of a USPS Express Service envelope (Tyvex is the material). I'll also write "I-129F Original Submission" in red marker on the outside of the postal envelope.

Does this sound good?

Thanks for bearing with

I also am wondering on how the packet should be bound.

SHould all the documents be paper clipped first then put into the envelope, or can you put them in a folder first then an envelope.

this is a good question though. i am also wondering how the packet shoudl be packaged.

I followed the assembly tips and instructions on this site, I paper clipped the parts of the petition such as Cover letter with letters of intent, I-129f, G-325A petitioner with support papers and passport photo, G-325A beneficiary with supporting papers and passport photo, proof of meeting, ongoing relationship. I placed everything in a expanding plastic folder with the string fastener on front, from an office store. and used the tyvec priority mail envelope from the post office, sent it certified, with receipt card.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=assembly

I used paperclips to hold multi-page forms together, but other than that I just submitted a loose stack of papers stuck right into the express mail envelope. It was all returned to me because I forgot to sign it, and it had been sorted and fastened together. I think USCIS can handle it, no matter what you do. Just keep things in order.. probably not a big deal if they're all clipped together or whatever.

I used 1.5" roofing nails spaced on 2" centers with a 3/4" plywood backer

course with that much weight, postage was pricy....

Please say you were only joking before some bonehead here tries it. LOL

Indeed I was Joking, NEVER use a roofing nail when you have drywall screws....

are you serious?!

NO, do not try this...I was joking just cram the papers in an envelope and send them, they WILL rearrange everything to their liking in the mailroom before any officer ever lays eyes on it...all the pretty little folders, binders, tabs etc go to a special place...the landfill

I used paper clips. That is how my congress guy sent it in. Each group seperated by a new clip. Then all cliped together. I did the same on the I-129F and just sent it in a priority envelope. I don't think u need to go over board on the envelops that could be frustrating. Just my suggestion.

Please say you were only joking before some bonehead here tries it. LOL

oops, oh well. guess i should be expecting an RFE. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.