gurdip

Affidevit Of Sipport

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi theres, I am currently living in usa citizenship and my fiance in India, and I am planning to go india and get married over there and I want to file DCF there consulate, so I have few question about affidevit of support.

1) what kind Form do you need to file for sponership my future wife?

2) I have $500,000 thousand worth property here in usa with $250,000 debt on it and some personal assest, as car, computer jewelery etc, is that all enough to prove my Incoome with poverty line income?

3) I am currently working in usa making about $20,000 a year and I had to leave the job when I will be going to india and live there for 5 months, and I can get my job back on normal base, when I return, so my question is that will it be any problem of leaving job here and go to india live there for 5 months and still get approved of enough to file for sponser my future wife?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi theres, I am currently living in usa citizenship and my fiance in India, and I am planning to go india and get married over there and I want to file DCF there consulate, so I have few question about affidevit of support.

1) what kind Form do you need to file for sponership my future wife?

2) I have $500,000 thousand worth property here in usa with $250,000 debt on it and some personal assest, as car, computer jewelery etc, is that all enough to prove my Incoome with poverty line income?

3) I am currently working in usa making about $20,000 a year and I had to leave the job when I will be going to india and live there for 5 months, and I can get my job back on normal base, when I return, so my question is that will it be any problem of leaving job here and go to india live there for 5 months and still get approved of enough to file for sponser my future wife?

gurdip,

The affidavit of support used for DCF/IV cases is the I-864. Latest form AND instructions posted at uscis.gov

Your assets appear to be sufficient; they should be items that *could be* liquid (cash) within 12 months. Remember, this figure is an ASSET, not income.

Since you appear to qualify financially on your assets, a j-o-b is not required, but it would be great it your employer would confirm that offer in writing. I was asked about job offers for when I returned to the US.

Will 5 months be sufficient? I have 'heard' 6 months' residency is required before you are eligible to file in Delhi.

Have a great trip, and a wonderful adventure!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Gurdip:

meauxna is right....there is six month reqmt to qualify to file for DCF at delhi....but pl. check as five month may be enough with resi. permit......(pl. check with delhi embassy or thier website)

Reagarding other thing, I am in same boat as yours....I may not have job at time of filing I-864 but I can show self employed with some cash equi assests of arnd 350 K USD so I though this may be enough....

What I suggest is that...once you file for DCF, you can move back to US and get a job while your wife waits for pckt 4 and than you can file I-864 from US...that way you can show your domicile back in US and can show Job at the time when your wife go to final interview with your affidavit after pckt-4. (This is what I am thinking to do....even if I dont get Job in small time after coming to US, I can atleast show US domicile...since I have been staying in India for more than year)....

Good Luck............

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
What I suggest is that...once you file for DCF, you can move back to US and get a job while your wife waits for pckt 4 and than you can file I-864 from US...that way you can show your domicile back in US and can show Job at the time when your wife go to final interview with your affidavit after pckt-4. (This is what I am thinking to do....even if I dont get Job in small time after coming to US, I can atleast show US domicile...since I have been staying in India for more than year)....

Good Luck............

That's also a very good plan!

The US citizen does not need to attend the visa interview, and there is nothing wrong with going over to the US a little early.

Good luck to you both; I hope you will keep us all updated with your process!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.