6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hiiiii

I am getting ready to send in our AOS stuff but I have a question. My brother is also sponsoring my husband.

The first question I have is in part one what do I check? Do I check "I am the only joint sponsor" or "I am the first or second of two joint sponsors"? If I shoudl check the latter am I the first and my brother is the second?

Also I was going to send all 3 years of my brothers taxes, however 4 years ago he was a student and didn't make more than the poverty level, but the last 2 years he is above it. Should I send all 3 years or just the last year?

Lastly, when I assemble all of this should I use an ACCO fastner for each application (EAD, AP, AOS) and put them all in the same envelope?

Thank you!

Sarah and Hicham

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Hiiiii

I am getting ready to send in our AOS stuff but I have a question. My brother is also sponsoring my husband.

The first question I have is in part one what do I check? Do I check "I am the only joint sponsor" or "I am the first or second of two joint sponsors"? If I shoudl check the latter am I the first and my brother is the second?

Also I was going to send all 3 years of my brothers taxes, however 4 years ago he was a student and didn't make more than the poverty level, but the last 2 years he is above it. Should I send all 3 years or just the last year?

Lastly, when I assemble all of this should I use an ACCO fastner for each application (EAD, AP, AOS) and put them all in the same envelope?

Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi- I am also sending my AOS/EAD packet soon and have a co-sponsor. As far as I understand, you need to check the box for "I am the petitioner" (the USC) and then your brother would check the box for "I am the only joint sponsor".

About the tax forms, I know you could only send the last one with the new form, but if you feel like sending more would help, sure.

I'm not sure how to assemble it, I was hoping I could get advice on that too!

Good luck- :)

Sarah and Hicham

I129

March 21, 2006 - I129F Fiancee Petition Approved

April 4, 2006 - RFE, IMBRA related

July 19, 2006 - Consulate received packet, Caracas, Vzla

August 25, 2006 - K1 Interview, Approved :)

August 31, 2006 - Travelling day!

September 30, 2006 - Married in Vegas :)

AOS/EAD

October 16 , 2006 - Fedex AOS/EAD packet received in Chicago, signed by J. Choba

October 20, 2006 - Receipt NOA1 issued

October 23, 2006- Received NOA1 in mail for EAD and AOS...moving along!

October 25, 2006-EAD and AOS touched[/font]

October 30, 2006-Received NOA for Biometrics

November 3, 2006-CRIS email- Transfer to CSC! :)

November 7, 2006- I485 touched, CSC received case :)

November 8, 2006- Biometrics appointment- San Antonio-done :)

November 9, 2006- AOS touched

November 27, 2006- CRIS email- Green Card Ordered!!!

November 30, 2006- CRIS email-Welcome notice sent

December 1, 2006-AOS touched

December 2, 2006- Green Card Received :) :) :)

Lifting Conditions: August 2008

Hiiiii

Thank you!

Sarah and Hicham

You are the petitioner filing for the immigration of your relative and your brother will be the only joint sponsor (at least, this is how me and my cosponsor did it!). Also, send EVERYTHING they say to send as far as taxes go, send the past 3 years, W2's, 1099's, employer letter, etc etc, even if it says you may send it (which I took to mean you don't have to), DO send it all. We got an RFE like so many others for this stuff, so send all three years for both of you. Better safe than sorry, you can always include a letter saying he was a student and did not earn much income that year.

When we put it all together I did the AOS and EAD ACCO fastened seperately (we didn't do AP). The EAD one was really small but I wanted to keep them seperate. I can't remember who the checks were made out to, sorry!

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: Timeline
All checks are made out to the Department of Homeland Security, right?

Thank you!

Sarah

Yes, checks to Dept of Homeland Security, though I suspect they'll cash a check made out to anyone, this being a government agency. :lol:

9/4/06 - AOS package accepted at Chicago

9/11/06 - ND AOS package

9/14/06 - NOA AOS, AP and EAD

9/16/06 - Biometrics letter received

9/18/06 - All touched

9/19/06 - AP and EAD touched

9/20/06 - RFE notice by email (verify income and employment)

9/23/06 - Biometrics

9/25/06 - NOA I-130 (finally)

9/26/06 - Touched AOS and EAD

10/4/06 - Returned RFE materials by USPS Express mail

10/5/06 - RFE materials signed for by D Atwell

10/12/06 - E-Mail notification RFE material received 10/10/06

11/3/06 - Received interview notice (for 12/18/06)

12/18/06 - Approved with letter in hand (no stamp)

1/3/07 - GC in hand Remove conditions 9/18/08

Oh, and don't forget to include proof of citizenship for you and your cosponsor! Our RFE was for that too!

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.