trip

Travelling to Prague Question

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

Hello all, I hope you all had a great weekend.

First, although I've flown a lot in the U.S., I've never travelled internationally, so I apologize in advance for any questions that seeem pretty dumb.

I'm planning a trip to Prague to meet my fiancee', and the best flight I've found leaves from Chicago and lands in Frankfurt. I have an hour and a half to get on another plane to Prague. So, my questions are:

Will I go through customs in Frankfurt, my final destination of Prague, or both?

What is the Frankfurt airport like? Should I be concerned that I only have 1 1/2 hours to get to my gate?

Thanks all, and best of luck with your visa journey.

3/30/07 - Mailed I-129F

4/17/07 - NOA1

4/25/07 - Check Cashed

8/3/07 - Touched (due to phone call)

8/6/07 - Touched (due to phone call)

8/12/07 - Touched (due to phone call)

8/13/07 - Touched (due to phone call)

8/14/07 - NOA2 (via phone call 8/17)

8/15/07 - Touched

8/20/07 - Received NOA2 hardcopy

8/27/07 - Touched (due to phone call)

8/28/07 - Sent to NVC

8/31/07 - NVC Received

9/5/07 - NVC sent to Consulate

9/12/07 - Consulate Received

9/19/07 - Consulate mailed Packet 3

10/01/07 - Packet 3 Received

10/16/07 - Medical Appointment

10/18/07 - Interview - Approved! Waiting on Name Check

10/22/07 - Visa Received

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi,

you should have no problem at all. It's not that far to walk. Have a nice time in Prague.

v34h.jpg

LhJUm4.png

pf2Rm4.png

7gOjm4.png?2CQ9jiXQ

Met on October 18, 1996 in a bar called "Calypso" in Richmond, Virginia, during my Au-Pair year

View complete Timeline:

Quick Facts:
02/23/2006 - sent I 129 to VSC (first step done!) 07/13/2006 - received Visa!
09/22/2006 - civil marriage in New York City
10/05/2006 - sent AOS papers to VSC
12/11/2006 - Welcome Letter and GREEN CARD in Mail!!!!!! Lets' party!!!!!
09/24/2008 - sent Removal of conditions package to VSC
07/02/2009 - received 10 year Green Card! YEAH!!!!! Finally!
2014 - Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

1.5h should be enough time to connect in Frankfurt. You will have to go through immigration in Frankfurt (for people connecting to other flights and don't have much time there is a Fast Track immigration counter) and probably again in Prague but as long as your luggage is checked through all the way to Prague there should be no problem as you will not be required to pick it up in Frankfurt. You will only go through customs in Prague.

Depending on the gate your flight from the US arrives at and where your flight to Prague leaves from there may actually a bit of a walk involved. There is still construction going on in part of the terminal and sometimes where you can actually walk changes on a daily basis. Nevertheless, as long as you follow the signs you're good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.