Lewis

TSA adjusting gel and liquid ban

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks Lewis! I would've missed it, and needed to see it!

:)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Why is it soooo imperative to have a 3 oz bottle of shampoo in a carry on in the first place?

If you're like me, and NEVER checked your bags prior to all this hoopla, you carry everything you're bringing with you on the plane. You can't always gurantee the hotel you're staying at will have conditioner, and if you're arriving very late on a Sunday and have to be at work Monday morning, you don't have time to run out and buy the extra toiletries.

I'm also fond of my brand of shower gel, and bring that with me when I travel in a small, travel-sized bottle, as well as a small spritzer of my favorite body spray. I get very dry skin, so also travel with a bottle of sensitive skin face lotion as well. All this stuff gets very expensive if you have to buy a fresh bottle every week, but if you can buy one once and keep bringing it with you on your business trips, things work a bit better.

Once they insituted this ban, I began checking the small bag I'd normally just brought as a carry on (I'm a very light packer). My bags have been delayed twice since then, reaffirming my desire to not have to check my bags ever again.

I'm so glad I can now just bring everything on the plane with me again! :D

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why is it soooo imperative to have a 3 oz bottle of shampoo in a carry on in the first place?

If you're like me, and NEVER checked your bags prior to all this hoopla, you carry everything you're bringing with you on the plane. You can't always gurantee the hotel you're staying at will have conditioner, and if you're arriving very late on a Sunday and have to be at work Monday morning, you don't have time to run out and buy the extra toiletries.

I'm also fond of my brand of shower gel, and bring that with me when I travel in a small, travel-sized bottle, as well as a small spritzer of my favorite body spray. I get very dry skin, so also travel with a bottle of sensitive skin face lotion as well. All this stuff gets very expensive if you have to buy a fresh bottle every week, but if you can buy one once and keep bringing it with you on your business trips, things work a bit better.

Once they insituted this ban, I began checking the small bag I'd normally just brought as a carry on (I'm a very light packer). My bags have been delayed twice since then, reaffirming my desire to not have to check my bags ever again.

I'm so glad I can now just bring everything on the plane with me again! :D

Ahhh, so you're the person I'm mentally cussing out as I am trying to find a place to wedge in my purse in the overhead bin. ;)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Timeline
post-23074-1159200671_thumb.jpgThere are two major changes:

Travelers may now carry through security checkpoints travel-size toiletries (3 ounces or less) that fit comfortably in ONE, QUART-SIZE, clear plastic, zip-top bag.

After clearing security, travelers can now bring beverages and other items purchased in the secure boarding area on-board aircraft.

At the checkpoint travelers will be asked to remove the zip-top bag of liquids and place it in a bin or on the conveyor belt. X-raying separately will allow TSA security officers to more easily examine the declared items.

In addition, larger amounts of prescription liquid medications, baby formula and diabetic glucose treatments must be declared at the checkpoint for additional screening.

It is unlikely that additional changes in the liquid, aerosol and gel policy will be made in the near future.

This security regimen applies to all domestic and international flights departing U.S. airports. Travelers should, however, check with transportation security authorities in their country-of-origin for flights originating at non-U.S. airports.

(end quote)

http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/9-25_u...r_guidance.shtm

this is the same stuff I had been saying they should allow.

it makes no sence to tell people toss thigns in the trash if its trial size..

stupid azz TSA.

shon.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I figured it would be a ploy eventually to get us to purchase overpriced water's at the airport consession stands.

I am one of those conspiracy theorists...

Trust NO ONE!!!

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.