Sign in to follow this  
Lewis

TSA adjusting gel and liquid ban

21 posts in this topic

post-23074-1159200671_thumb.jpgThere are two major changes:

Travelers may now carry through security checkpoints travel-size toiletries (3 ounces or less) that fit comfortably in ONE, QUART-SIZE, clear plastic, zip-top bag.

After clearing security, travelers can now bring beverages and other items purchased in the secure boarding area on-board aircraft.

At the checkpoint travelers will be asked to remove the zip-top bag of liquids and place it in a bin or on the conveyor belt. X-raying separately will allow TSA security officers to more easily examine the declared items.

In addition, larger amounts of prescription liquid medications, baby formula and diabetic glucose treatments must be declared at the checkpoint for additional screening.

It is unlikely that additional changes in the liquid, aerosol and gel policy will be made in the near future.

This security regimen applies to all domestic and international flights departing U.S. airports. Travelers should, however, check with transportation security authorities in their country-of-origin for flights originating at non-U.S. airports.

(end quote)

http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/9-25_u...r_guidance.shtm

What a pain in the ###.

Why not just put a couple of armed marshals on every flight - if terrorists try anything

funny (like trying to mix dodgy liquids), shoot them dead.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

You have to draw the line somewhere.

Thank god, eye drops, contact solution, and my spare contacts. I'm flying Wednesday.

If they lost my luggage that had my contacts in it, I'd be screwed because I wouldn't be able to see for sh*t. I have outdated glasses but no vision insurance...

This is good for some of us.

I flew out of DC to Australia and nobody checked my hand luggage. So then on the way back I brought cologne along in my hand luggage and was not checked at any checkpoint, all the way through to DC..

Yeah, I work at an airport and go through checkpoints every day. I bought a lip gloss 3 months ago and forgot about it. Two days ago they found it in my purse and confiscated it.

I'm thinking, ok, you've had 3 months to get that thing out, and you're just NOW noticing it? It had definitely been in there the whole time.