doodlebug

ever feel like giving up?

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok that was freaky....I got up to get some water (can't fast till Wed ;) ) and now I have a message from him on my cellphone. Unfortunately it was from a payphone so I can't call back but at least I heard his voice. I swear sometimes we're just mindreaders. lol

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Oh doodle I'm so sorry to hear about your man's father :( That must be so difficult for him esp. during Ramadan. How sad :( May Allah be with him at this time. I know it must be so difficult for you too not being with him. I'm also sorry to hear about the hard time your families are giving you both. This process is hard enough without the negativity of our families. I feel you.

For those of you who are not yet married, have you ever felt like just calling it quits, not for lack of love at all but for the very fact that this is so very painful on soooo many levels?

Maybe it is because he does not yet have a cellphone and we still depend soley on the internet to communicate by but lately I just feel so "apart" ya know?

Maybe I"m just being moody here too. I mean he is going through some BIG stuff in his family and hasn't been able to be online for more than a few minutes the past few nights and couple that with the fact that I am going through some BIG stuff in my own family and there ya have a very hard time.

I know it's probably nothing compared to what folks already married are going through but geesh sometimes I just wanna stop the bleeding, ya know? And then.......I see his face and hear his voice and I feel calm again.

*sigh*

nope.. :no:

shon.gif

Timeline
Oh doodle I'm so sorry to hear about your man's father :( That must be so difficult for him esp. during Ramadan. How sad :( May Allah be with him at this time. I know it must be so difficult for you too not being with him. I'm also sorry to hear about the hard time your families are giving you both. This process is hard enough without the negativity of our families. I feel you.

Yeah it puts a LOT of stress on an only son. I mean it's not stressful enough to lose your dad, right, but then top that off with the responsibility of now being the only caretaker/provider and couple it with having a hormonal online girlfriend who cries at the drop of a hat and whoo hoo...you've got one heck of a party. :dance::dance: lol

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

For those of you who are not yet married, have you ever felt like just calling it quits, not for lack of love at all but for the very fact that this is so very painful on soooo many levels?

nope.. :no:

me either Shon.... never have I felt like giving UP, nor will I ever give up! This is my soulmate for goodness sakes, I can't live w/o this man in my life and no matter what it takes... we *will* be together. DON'T GIVE UP, HAVE FAITH, LIVE LIFE, TRUST YOUR LOVE!!! (L)

Edited by noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Thanks. I guess I will have my ups and downs as will he.

His father is dying and I actually think he has passed today but I am not too sure. To hear him sob and to see his face and not be able to hold him is killing me deep inside. Top that off with members of the family not supporting our being together and members of my family disowning me just for going on the trip and it's just a nightmare................until we hear each other and see each other each night.

I'm already trying to figure out how I can get more time off to go again after 6 months, so in either May or July. I"m crazy I think. I know the money could be best spent elsewhere but if I have a solid goal to hope for I'm thinking things might not be that bad.

I know what you mean about talking of marriage but not being 100% sure. I mean in my heart and my gut I am sure and so is he, but we'll know for sure if it will indeed come to fruition when I step out of the airport and see each other for real finally. Of course there will be about 50 other people there with him so it won't be such an intimate moment but at least it will be a "moment" to remember.

Ok I'm off on a tangent again. lol. Thanks for everyone's advice and thanks so much Rhama for that link. Why is it that the last thing I think of in times of despair is prayer when it's the very one thing that will help????? :innocent:

Darling, Mohammed and I were together a bit less then a year in Egypt. Four days after I left (not by choice but bitter necessity), the other love of his life, his mother, passed away from Cancer. He was overwhelmed with loss and I was too. I loved her so much. I wanted to turn right around and go back to him. He would sob and beg me to come back to him but at that point it was impossible and he knew it. It was hard. We got through it. Prayer and my faith has sustained me too, as you said. My love for this man has sustained me. Hope in our future (come on damn visa) sustains me. You'll find little things to carry you through the rough spots. I will hold you and your fiance and his family in my prayers. Feel free to message if you need a shoulder. Sometimes just hearing "I understand" can go a lot farther then a lot of other words.

Timeline
Darling, Mohammed and I were together a bit less then a year in Egypt. Four days after I left (not by choice but bitter necessity), the other love of his life, his mother, passed away from Cancer. He was overwhelmed with loss and I was too. I loved her so much. I wanted to turn right around and go back to him. He would sob and beg me to come back to him but at that point it was impossible and he knew it. It was hard. We got through it. Prayer and my faith has sustained me too, as you said. My love for this man has sustained me. Hope in our future (come on damn visa) sustains me. You'll find little things to carry you through the rough spots. I will hold you and your fiance and his family in my prayers. Feel free to message if you need a shoulder. Sometimes just hearing "I understand" can go a lot farther then a lot of other words.

((((hugs))))))

I know this is selfish of me but I truly hope he is here for me when one of my parents goes... I will be a complete wreck, even though they've disowned me.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Doodle, things do get better, promised! But never give up, there is an end to this journey and a beginning for you and yuor beloved

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Timeline

Ok so y'all know that I'm wicked hormonal right? If not ya do now.

Anyhoo...so all day I'm sad because I think the dad died, haven't been able to talk to him for long periods of time each day, blah blah blah.

Well thank God (I don't know how to say that one yet in Arabic) his dad is on his way to recovery.

He tells me this and then makes me laugh about something and then BOOM...gets serious.

He says, "you know my dear that sound you made, you cannot do that anymore".

I'm like, "huh????"

He says, "that sound when you laugh, I hear this from your mouth a lot and I have to tell you not to do this thing because Allah will think it offensive" (or something to that effect)

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So apparently I make a lil snorting sound when I laugh and I never noticed it before and if I do it in Egypt everyone will stop and stare and will be shocked at it so I have to remember not to do it.

This is what I get from my few days of worrying about the poor guy that he's so stressed and sad.

where's the smiley with banging a head against the wall when I need one????????

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Anyhoo...so all day I'm sad because I think the dad died, haven't been able to talk to him for long periods of time each day, blah blah blah.

Well thank God (I don't know how to say that one yet in Arabic) his dad is on his way to recovery.

He tells me this and then makes me laugh about something and then BOOM...gets serious.

I'm like, "huh????"

He says, "that sound when you laugh, I hear this from your mouth a lot and I have to tell you not to do this thing because Allah will think it offensive" (or something to that effect)

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So apparently I make a lil snorting sound when I laugh and I never noticed it before and if I do it in Egypt everyone will stop and stare and will be shocked at it so I have to remember not to do it.

This is what I get from my few days of worrying about the poor guy that he's so stressed and sad.

How will Allah be offended by the natural way you laugh? :blink:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband is ignoring me right now as we speak. Too busy on ebay! I want to give up now! lol

It is normal to have such high and low emotions during this time. Just hang in there! I know you say you think about it, but once you hear his voice you change your mind. This is love for you, it makes us women an emotional wreck! The stress of being thousands of miles apart is just plain hard, but there are plenty of people that have been waiting longer than you have, so don't give up!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Alhamdulillah..that's how you would say "thank God".

Hahahaha.....don't laugh out loud in Egypt any way you do it. If you laugh loud in the street you'll get stares. According to my husband...only sharmeet (whores) laugh loudly in the street.

I'm like, "huh????"

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Alhamdulillah..that's how you would say "thank God".

Hahahaha.....don't laugh out loud in Egypt any way you do it. If you laugh loud in the street you'll get stares. According to my husband...only sharmeet (whores) laugh loudly in the street.

And don't run. Even when you're trying to dodge oncoming traffic as you attempt to cross the road. Or cross your legs while sitting on the bus or subway.

Of course, in the US, I feel free to laugh in public, run across the road and cross my legs while sitting on the bus. Different cultural norms.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.