barryT

Still a victim of California

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I got my approval notice postmarked September 6th after waiting for so long. I was ecstatic. I was a little concerned that I didn't get the email confirmation but I wasn't that concerned. After waiting for a little over 2 weeks, I decided to check with the NVC. No record of my petition.

"Good Afternoon,

The National Visa Center has received your inquiry regarding WAC##########. After searching our records, no information was found regarding this case. Please contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS- formerly known as INS) to verify the status of this petition.

Regards,

National Visa Center

OH2/tkm"

I contacted the USCIS and after two days of talking to what I regard as simple minded fools, I finally talked to someone with some intelligence and found out that my petition was in transit as of September 19th. That's what she said. I find it hard to believe anything they say. What does "in transit" mean anyway? The woman there said that it was being sent to NVC. Why did it take over two weeks to put it in an envelope and put a stamp on it?

I was told that I should wait until Friday to check that they have received it.

This is just unbelievable to me. I haven't seen anyone else with a similiar experience.

Edited by barryT

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
I got my approval notice postmarked September 6th after waiting for so long. I was ecstatic. I was a little concerned that I didn't get the email confirmation but I wasn't that concerned. After waiting for a little over 2 weeks, I decided to check with the NVC. No record of my petition.

"Good Afternoon,

The National Visa Center has received your inquiry regarding WAC##########. After searching our records, no information was found regarding this case. Please contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS- formerly known as INS) to verify the status of this petition.

Regards,

National Visa Center

OH2/tkm"

I contacted the USCIS and after two days of talking to what I regard as simple minded fools, I finally talked to someone with some intelligence and found out that my petition was in transit as of September 19th. That's what she said. I find it hard to believe anything they say. What does "in transit" mean anyway? The woman there said that it was being sent to NVC. Why did it take over two weeks to put it in an envelope and put a stamp on it?

I was told that I should wait until Friday to check that they have received it.

This is just unbelievable to me. I haven't seen anyone else with a similiar experience.

We are all in the same boat as you....

Still waiting on CSC and NVC.

I-129F

5/30/06 Mailed I-129F to NSC

6/9 NOA1

6/30 IMBRA RFE rec'd and sent back to CSC

9/7 NOA2

10/6 File sent to NVC

10/18 File sent to embassy

11/14 Medical

12/6 Interview - visa approved

12/28 Visa issued

2/1/07 Fiancé arrives in US

2/10 Married

AOS

3/27/07 Mailed I-485 to Chicago

3/30 I-485 delivered

4/5 NOA1

4/6 Check cashed

4/13 Biometrics notice rec'd

5/1 Biometrics

5/2 I-485 trx'd to CSC

5/21 I-485 now pending at CSC

7/11 Card production ordered

7/16 Welcome to US notice rec'd

7/17 Approval notice rec'd

7/20 GC rec'd

I-751

4/14/09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

4/16 I-751 delivered

4/16 NOA1

4/30 Check cashed

5/5 NOA1 rec'd

5/16 Biometrics notice rec'd

5/29 Biometrics

6/8 Approved

6/11 Approval notice rec'd

7/9 Card production ordered

7/18 GC rec'd

Congratulations on your approval!

I am pretty sure I have read about others who had to wait 2-3 weeks before their case was received by NVC. I think they(the service centers) send the cases in batches--either when enough pile up, or perhaps once a week or something. Our NVC letter was dated 2 weeks after our approval, but I didn't get it in the mail for another week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

So this is typical? It makes it really hard to plan anything. We were hoping to be together by the end of October but, with this delay, it won't be until mid to end November.

Everyone says to me "That's not to long." But when you've waited this long...

barryT,

I think things have slowed a bit in NVC. Keep calling them everyday, soon they will acknowledge your case.

So this is typical? It makes it really hard to plan anything. We were hoping to be together by the end of October but, with this delay, it won't be until mid to end November.

The closer you get to the end, the harder it is to be patient...

I set my sights REALLY far ahead.... hoped to be together by January after filing in April and going through IMBRA like everyone else. Figured anything earlier than that was 'gravy'. Helped my perspective, at least.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

This does seem to be typical and many of us are in the same boat - our approval was September 6 and we are still not at NVC. In fact, it took 14 days for the hard copy NOA2 to arrive. Hang tight - they're slow but it will get there!

Edited by kitkat1

I had the same experience. Let me just say CSC SUCKS!!!!

I made an appointment with Info Pass and was told there that my application was approved on September 5th. (Some two weeks earlier) they never contacted me to tell me. As a matter of fact, the immigration officer didn't even know they did e-mail alerts - how sad is that?

I called NVC to see if my petition was there and was told no, but I got a letter in the mail saying it was and that my petition would be forwarded to my fiance's consulate in a week.

So, take heart and pray the rest of the experience is better than CSC.

Nik

April 7, 2006 I-129F sent

April 18, 2006 NOA1 Received

April 22, 2006 Touched!

May 30, 2006 Touched (changed my address)

June 12, 2006 Touched ( Didn't call them this time)

July 3, 2006 Touched

July 6, 2006 Touched

July 18, 2006 Touched (Previous touches are about problems with address)

July 20, 2006 Received RFE

July 22, 2006 Retuned RFE

July 27, 2006 Touched

August 1, 2006 Touched

August 3, 2006 Touched

August 3, 2006 Uneasy Touching 107 days since NOA1

August 4, 2006 Touched

August 6, 2006 Touched

August 7, 2006 Touched

September 5, 2006 Touched

September 5, 2006 Approved

September 21, 2006 NVC received approved petition

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I compiled some stats on this over the weekend. Unfortunately, they were moved to the USCIS forum.

CSC to NVC times:

0-14 days 40%

15-21 days 38%

22+ days 22%.

With all their volume, I think CSC should ship things AT LEAST twice a week. Transit time for mail across the country should be less than a week.

In my opinion, the 0-14 day number should be 90+%, with NONE taking over 3 weeks. Just my (not so) humble opinion. :bonk::bonk::bonk:

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congrats! :dance:

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

barryT,

I think things have slowed a bit in NVC. Keep calling them everyday, soon they will acknowledge your case.

So this sucks! Me and my fiance work on cruise ships and are out in the middle of the sea and can't call except for Sundays! So if I can't call, can I assume that our petition will just be ignored because I can't stay on top of them!? Why can't they just do their job properly so that I don't HAVE to call. With an such a sensitive situation such as all of ours, it is competely disheartening that they don't take it more serious. We shouldn't have to keep calling to assure that our case is making progress. :(

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Trinidad & Tobago

4-18: I-129F Sent

4-25: I-129F NOA1

6-23: I-129F RFE

8-27: Sent RFE Reply

9-15: I-129F NOA2 FINALLY!!! Thanks be to you lord!

9-19: NOA2 by postmarked in snail mail (rcvd' around the 22nd)

10-12: Received e-mail from the NVC stating they recently forwarded our petition to the consulate! =)

10-17: Consulate received petition from NVC and mailed out packet 3 & 4

10-25: Johann collects Packet 3 & 4 from embassy!

10-27: Return information to the embassy!

11-7: Received Packet 4

11-28: INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT~ APPROVED

12-1: Visa Picked up from Embassy

12-23: Johann is coming to the STATES! Yay!

3-17: It's a GREEN Wedding!!!

picture051ay0.th.jpg

"Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart."

- Rozina Hasham

americanflagyj1.th.giftrinidadflagmf1.th.gif[/font][/color][/font]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Gina and Johann,

Not sure if calling and harassing them makes anything happen any faster so I wouldn't worry too much. They get to the cases in their own time and not a minute before - I don't think there is any effective way of getting them to hurry up! (IMO)

I use to work on a cruise ship - great fun!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
So this sucks! Me and my fiance work on cruise ships and are out in the middle of the sea and can't call except for Sundays! So if I can't call, can I assume that our petition will just be ignored because I can't stay on top of them!? Why can't they just do their job properly so that I don't HAVE to call. With an such a sensitive situation such as all of ours, it is competely disheartening that they don't take it more serious. We shouldn't have to keep calling to assure that our case is making progress. :(

You are not REQUIRED to call. Most people do it just to know the status of their petition - if/when it has been sent from the service center to the NVC and if/when it has been sent from the NVC to the consulate. You can simply wait for the packet to be sent from the consulate to you. Your petition WON'T be ignored if you don't call - the NVC, unlike the service centers, actually has a reputation of doing their job in a timely fashion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.