Sign in to follow this  
laptop

POE paperwork

8 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone.

I am flying out to San Francisco on Friday to start my new life in the USA.

I had a couple of things i was unsure about regarding the POE:

Do i have to hand-carry my XRay (as well as the sealed brown envelope) ?

Also, do i still fill-out one of those I-94 (Visa Waiver Program) forms on the plane??

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and any other tips to prevent me from looking like fool would be welcome!

:D:D

yes you need to carry the X-ray and the sealed brown envelope. Make sure you get them both handed back to you before passing through to collect your luggage.

Yes you also need to fill in an I-94 but you want a white one this time, not the green one you're used to completeing. Again, make sure you get this back after it has been stamped and guard it with your life. You need this piece of white card for so many things and it would be a real headache to get a replacement one if you lose it.

Mark :)

Hi Everyone.

I am flying out to San Francisco on Friday to start my new life in the USA.

I had a couple of things i was unsure about regarding the POE:

Do i have to hand-carry my XRay (as well as the sealed brown envelope) ?

Also, do i still fill-out one of those I-94 (Visa Waiver Program) forms on the plane??

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and any other tips to prevent me from looking like fool would be welcome!

:D:D

as boiler said. BTW, it's a plain-jane I-94 not the I-94W (visa waiver, green) which you fill out now.

We still have the Xray. Just in case.

I agree, make sure you get the I-94. They actually stapled that into Annies Passport. Our POE was Dublin, which I thought was wierd. It did make things easier though.

You can ust that to prove legality, but it is only good for 90 days.

Try to get your AOS paperwork in right away.

Good Luck, and we are a five hour drive down the coast.

We still have the Xray. Just in case.

I agree, make sure you get the I-94. They actually stapled that into Annies Passport. Our POE was Dublin, which I thought was wierd. It did make things easier though.

Not so wierd--Dublin and Shannon airports have IMMIGRATION (but not customs :( ) PFI's. You can think this way: "reassured that I don't have to talk to imm official AFTER being jetlagged and then being told to go back (once you clear immigration at Dublin or Shannon, you CAN't be sent back)". Admittedly, it still has the flaw of dealing with customs when jetlagged/fatigued.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.