Sign in to follow this  
Erik

Paper to pay Citibank

12 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Man I have a lot of questions lately... :lol:

My fiance was looking through her Packet 4 last night, and said she did not see any sort of paper for the bank fee. Isn't there suppose to be a paper in Packet 4, that she gives to the Bank Teller at Citibank so she can pay the Visa Fee?

Anyone have a scan of what this paper looks like?

I´ve just came back from Citybank.

Brought my passport and spent 220 Reais.

That´s all.

me too!!! I just went to Curitiba with my passport, paid R$ 220.00, showed her the passport, she wrote my name and the passport number on the back of the receipt and came home. Oh I also spent R$ 32.00 to go and come back from Curitiba by bus, R$ 1.50 on a cup of black coffee and R$ 2.20 on a diet coke because I needed to use a bathroom so I stopped on a Subway (yeah the same Subways you people have there and in Canada) and felt obligated to buy something just to use the bathroom :P

So my visa fee would be the same as yours rlt, but there's no Citibank in this lil town I'm living so it cost me more :P oh well one less thing to do :dance:

So she just has to go to a teller, tell them she's there to pay the K1 Visa fee for the US Consulate, and show them her Passport?

Jeez, someone in the past said there was a paper in packet 4... ooooo glad I asked. :D

Exactly, easier than chewing bubble gum :P

So she just has to go to a teller, tell them she's there to pay the K1 Visa fee for the US Consulate, and show them her Passport?

Jeez, someone in the past said there was a paper in packet 4... ooooo glad I asked. :D

Exactly, easier than chewing bubble gum :P

:D

Edited by Erik

I've never heard about any paper b4... Weird... :o:wacko:

Carol ;)

Yes, just passport and money.

Note - On the state department or immigration website, I forget which, it said it can be paid in dollars or reais. But not true in Rio. They will only accept reais.

Correct, they will not even accept credit cards either. I asked. Must be cold hard Reais en Rio.

Mew    0
Yes, just passport and money.

Note - On the state department or immigration website, I forget which, it said it can be paid in dollars or reais. But not true in Rio. They will only accept reais.

I guess not true anywhere in Brazil, as no other currency is accepted in any transaction in the country. Maybe *in* the consulate (if they'd take payments there - and they don't); if I'm not mistaken, consulates and embassies are not Brazilian territory.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.