AndyAlina

How much evidence is too much?

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

PS - Here's another RFE because 'not enough' was sent:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33055

I sent passport photos, ticket receipts, phtotographs and a receipt for the engagement ring - and I'm just hoping the person who reviews my case doesn't ask for more.

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The big thing with the proof is to prove more than u just going to the country. Hotel receipts, ATM, train stubs and pics along with the passport and itinerary is sufficient.

Pictures with her and her famly help also, but in the end it depends on the interviewer at the embassy or consulate. I personally included a sampling of Chat archives instead of everday (twice a-day) chats and phone calls. Just enough to connect the dots and paint the picture for the consulate. Ur finacee's haveing a scrap book of ur relationship has been a suggestion on this board, not really sure if it helps or not but it is a nice touch. Good luck. Payato

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Filed: Timeline
Regardless of what is 'said here' about not sending too much, I rely on the actual experiences of those who were told they did not have enough. I've not seen a single post where USCIS or the consulate rejected or delayed any application because too much evidence was supplied.

Until I see someone who says their appication was delayed or denied because they sent in too much evidence, I still say too much is way better than not enough. Err on the side of caution IMHO.

We will never know if an app was delayed because of too much evidence. It's not like they'd tell anyone that. Approvals are all over the place date-wise as well, no way of knowing. RFEs are issued if there's not enough evidence.

I went off the guides on here & many people did as well. It worked for all of us. If you have a legit relationship, you should have enough proof. I lived in England & had many passport stamps. Sent 1 intinerary, 7 pics, 2 emails & a phone bill.

The few posts I see about getting RFEs for lack of evidence are people who submit very little evidence, like one passport stamp.

Edited by devilette

I would include every piece of evidence that you got for USCIS, especially for the interview, it is not like you have an EASY second chance for another interview. Might as well blow them away. Kind of like using a flame thrower to light a cigar.

Exactly! All you need for the initial app is PROOF YOU MET IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.

The rest is supposed to go to the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
This is interesting. I ran my application by an immigration lawyer. He said the consensus among immigration lawyers is to bury them - send EVERYTHING.

I sent copies of boarding pass copies, passport/visa copies, receipts of currency conversion, etc. for 5 visits. I also included copies of over 400 emails and IM sessions, and copies of phone cards showing several hundred hours of calls over the last year. It took a Priority Mail BOX to send it all.

..snip for brevity..

Tom

Approved in less than 30 days

i recieved my rfe (imbra)it also ask for more proof of meeting.last time i sent pics ,copy of passport,atm reciepts,boarding pass and this rfe asks for these things again.want to know if this is normal with the imbra rfe and i guess i will send these things again!

Got RFE (not just for imbra)

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

This is interesting. I ran my application by an immigration lawyer. He said the consensus among immigration lawyers is to bury them - send EVERYTHING.

I sent copies of boarding pass copies, passport/visa copies, receipts of currency conversion, etc. for 5 visits. I also included copies of over 400 emails and IM sessions, and copies of phone cards showing several hundred hours of calls over the last year. It took a Priority Mail BOX to send it all.

After reading here, I was doubting the wisdom of this. But we got our NOA2 right on track with others with similar dates. My fiance will have duplicate copies of all of this when she walks into the interview.

I feel for the two people who got turned away because of lack of evidence of a relationship. I wonder if the consulate officials had their minds made up before the interview started, and thus were not as interested in additional evidence presented at the "last minute".

I am NOT saying that the board consensus is wrong. But the answer may not be as clear or one-sided as some think.

Tom

My lawyer told me the same stuff. In fact, we sent 500 plus YM chat log pages, another 500 of skype pages. 200 photos and lots of receipts. I even wrote a program to capture the screen into a video file so I can produce a dvd video of us communicating.

Wow, you're a good researcher. I personally don't have the time to go through all that #######. And you can't even understand what jimmy wrote so why would I pay attention to him?

I was approved in 80 days, much shorter than many other IMBRA people. Did my concise evidence help? Who knows? Who cares?

All they ask for is PROOF YOU MET IN THE LAST 2 YEARS in the initial application.

I have a legit relationship, I did not buy my fiance & I was comfortable submitting what I did. I chose not to overwhelm USCIS with too much unecessary #######, per the advice of former K1 applicants on here. It worked. End of story.

Edited by devilette

PS - Here's another RFE because 'not enough' was sent:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33055

If you read that post more carefully you we see that the RFE was sent because the evidence was probably lost and they requested the person send the same stuff that had already been sent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You can never have too much information.

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

I have yet to hear from any lawyer that has posted on here or any other visa group say to send a ton of stuff with the visa petition. I tend to believe what you people heard from your lawyer was CYA. If they tell you to send everything but the kitchen sink and it's not approved you can't hold them responcible for not telling you to send enough evidence.

If you can sleep better sending truck loads of evidence then go right ahead, but I stand by my statement if your packet is over an inch thick you have more than you need.

500 e-mails? That seems like overkill and a CYA maneuver to me. (Think they read all 500?)

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

AndyAlina,

If it causes the case officer to ask questions that wouldn't otherwise have been asked, or causes the case officer to think something that you as an involved person did not realize that an uninvolved person would think, it's too much.

Yodrak

Hi all,

What a great board!!!! Long time lurker, first time poster...

I'm finally putting together my K-1 packet for Alina and I after almost two years of acquaintance and 4 trips within the last year and a half.

I know one of the conditions for being approved for the visa is to have actually met in person within the last two years. Well, I've visited Alina 4 times (as mentioned above) within that stipulated time period. Now here's the big question:

How many of these trips should I show documentation for (photos, passport pages, airline boarding stubs, itineraries, hotel receipts, train tickets, etc)? It almost seems like overkill to send in all of this stuff for all of these trips. Can I just get away with sending in the evidence for the first trip, and then mention in my I-129F supplement that we've met 3 other times and then list the dates of those trips?

Honestly, it would take an adjudicator a year to go through all of the documentation I have on this relationship, and I've actually heard that too much evidence can work against you.

So which is it, and what should I do???

Thanks!

This is an excerpt from my cover letter listing what I sent with my I-129F. The Consular officer in Frankfurt did not ask David for any of the additional relationship evidence that he brought with him to the interview today. But every Embassy/Consulate/Adjudicator/Story is different. Proceed with caution....

• Completed Form 129-F Petition for Alien Fiancé

• Filing Fee: Personal check payable to the Department of Homeland Security for the amount of $170.00

• Birth Certificate (Jen)

• Completed Form G-325A Biographic Information (Jen)

• Completed Form G-325A Biographic Information (David)

• Personal letter: Statement of Intent (Jen)

• Personal letter: Statement of Intent (David)

• Personal letter: Pastor from “xx” Church

• Copies of receipts as evidence of our having met within the last two years, including:

o E-mail to UK News Channel in response to an on-line request for stories about overseas love

o Phone card calling history

o Northwest Airlines WorldPerks Account Summary

o Trip Summary & Receipt for David’s Trip in May 2006

o MerkurBergBahn Tram Ticket dated the day we met, August 30, 2006

o Wal-Mart Receipt dated February 18, 2006, during my second trip

o Northwest Airlines E-Ticket Receipts for my third trip in March 2006 with my children

o Copies of passport pages for Jen and each of her children

o Personal letter from David to Jen, dated 08-31-05 (the day after we met) and postmarked the following day, 09-01-05

o Photographs from all three of Jen’s visits to Germany, labeled on the reverse of each photo

• Copy of previous marriage termination (Jen)

• Copy of previous marriage termination (David)

• Passport-style color photo (Jen)

• Passport-style color photo (David)

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.