Rob & Chris

Wishing with my eyes closed and crossed fingers...

11 posts in this topic

Here it goes....

After a long wait, "the Interview" is finally about to come! I'm scheduled on Wednesday morning. Hopefully, everything goes well and fine. I'll be going without my hubby, since he's in Keesler AFB, MS, trying to finish his technical training from the military.

I already passed my road test last week and was expecting to get a driver's license by then so I'd be able to drive on my own to the interview myself. But unfortunately, the "New ID" policy has just been implemented, and lucky me.... woohoo... :( I have to go to the DMV main office in Lakewood to have my status verified in the SAVE system, and still send out papers verifying my US residency to the INS (USCIS). Another waiting time of 2-5 weeks they say for the processing, before they can send me an approval or denial letter in the mail, if I can get a driver's license or not. :o

So, unfortunately mother-in-law who has a dayshift job that day even had to change shifts with someone so somebody can drive me to Denver downtown for the interview that morning. We'd be taking the 2 babies with us (no choice), but at least they'll be with Granny :) . Father-in-law is away on a business trip. I am just thankful enough that I am lucky to have such wonderful in-laws. :thumbs:

So, here's my checklist... and I hope that I haven't forgotten anything:

1. copies of my I-485 that I submitted (i.e., I-693, I-864, etc.)

2. original Federal ITRs and W-2s for the past 3 years

3. paystubs from present and previous employers (hubby had 3 jobs within the year)

4. certificates (i.e. birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc.)

5. IDs (EAD, SSN, Instruction Permit, Deers ID, passports)

6. military orders

7. Joint bank account / credit card bills

8. health insurance proofs and medical records

9. apartment lease contract and utility bills

10. wedding stuff (i.e. church receipts, hotel reservations & contracts, marriage counseling certificates, etc.)

11. letters and photos

I've had the original and also did photocopies of mostly everything.

I hope I have everything and I have planned and decided this time that it might be better to bring and haul a big box of files, rather than be caught red handed with nothing to present them with whatever they might be asking for.

I hope and pray and I am also wishing that everything will turn out okay on Wednesday.

Goodluck to all those who will be having their interviews, too, and to all the rest as well.

Chris

Looks right to me. Our interview is gonna be in a month so I know the feeling and the stress. Good luck, our prayers are with you.

Thank you so much oceanrose74! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Good luck on your interview Wednesday- you have everything listed that is required (as far as I can tell) so I am sure you'll be fine!

See my timeline for all previous dates!

Naturalization:

6/28/09: Mail N-400 to Texas

7/6/09: NOA1

7/24/09: Biometrics

10/08/09: Interview

11/21/09: Receive oath date

01/22/10: Oath Date

With thanks to all the helpful people who made this journey slightly more bearable.

Good Luck...

God Bless

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good luck with your interview. :thumbs:

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Just playing the devil's advocate here, is your adjustment of status based on your marriage to your husband? If so, they may not allow you to go for your interview without your husband.

When I went for my interview, a lady was there with her friend because her husband was hospitalized. They asked her to reschedule her interview to another day when her husband is able to attend her interview. I am not sure whether it is the same for your case since your husband is in military (different reasons).

In any case, good luck for your interview!

P/S: My timeline can be found under my husband's userid "Miwa".

Just playing the devil's advocate here, is your adjustment of status based on your marriage to your husband? If so, they may not allow you to go for your interview without your husband.

When I went for my interview, a lady was there with her friend because her husband was hospitalized. They asked her to reschedule her interview to another day when her husband is able to attend her interview. I am not sure whether it is the same for your case since your husband is in military (different reasons).

In any case, good luck for your interview!

P/S: My timeline can be found under my husband's userid "Miwa".

Yeah.. I was a nervous wreck at that one before when I first read my interview letter.

But I called them (USCIS) up and asked about it, since my AOS is based on a K-3 visa. Unfortunately though, he won't be able to be with me on the interview date. They said that there is really no valid reason for me not to show up, nor even to re-schedule my appointment. So, they said, all I just needed to bring was a proof to show that my husband is in the military and that he's in Mississippi and finishing up technical school.

I told hubby to get a straight direct letter from his officer, but unfortunately, he's having a hard time trying to get it. People were passing him from one office to another. So, we only have his military orders to prove his whereabouts, and a copy of his ID, paystubs, enlistment papers to prove also that he's in active duty.

That's also another reason why I am wishing and praying that things will sail smoothly on Wednesday. I hate to have another 2nd interview if they would be asking for my husband to be physically present right there.

Thank you for everyone, and for your "goodluck"s. I really do hope things will be ok.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
:dance::dance: Best of Luck to you on your Interview, you are in my prayers and thoughts, let us know how it goes :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline
Yeah.. I was a nervous wreck at that one before when I first read my interview letter.

But I called them (USCIS) up and asked about it, since my AOS is based on a K-3 visa. Unfortunately though, he won't be able to be with me on the interview date. They said that there is really no valid reason for me not to show up, nor even to re-schedule my appointment. So, they said, all I just needed to bring was a proof to show that my husband is in the military and that he's in Mississippi and finishing up technical school.

I told hubby to get a straight direct letter from his officer, but unfortunately, he's having a hard time trying to get it. People were passing him from one office to another. So, we only have his military orders to prove his whereabouts, and a copy of his ID, paystubs, enlistment papers to prove also that he's in active duty.

That's also another reason why I am wishing and praying that things will sail smoothly on Wednesday. I hate to have another 2nd interview if they would be asking for my husband to be physically present right there.

Thank you for everyone, and for your "goodluck"s. I really do hope things will be ok.

Perhaps it's different since your husband is in military! =)

Good luck in your interview and don't worry since your list seems pretty complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.