Rahal and Donna

age different

159 posts in this topic

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

moody....im definitly not offended, but as to your question as to why our husbands would choose to marry us over an arab women?? Why did I choose to marry an arab men when there are many men around here?? Think about it! love is love, no matter where you find it...For you to think peoples husbands and your husband had other motives to marry us, i think its disturbing and sad, because i could honestly say...if it wasnt for me, my husband would never want to live in the US

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Actually my husband and I have discussed the Visa thing quite a lot. All I know is that it was my decision to stay a few more years and then we would decide wether or not we will move to Morocco. He doesn't want to stay here and he doesn't want to gain citizenship either! He's proud to be a Moroccan! That's why I love him! And I will tell you straight up! There were many times before we married that I thought maybe it's just for a visa, but he could really care less. He told me one day that he kinda just wanted the whole thing to get denied so we would have to move to Morocco. But I know deep down inside he would like to stay a little while longer so he can get a little more work experience, which makes me happy.

I know my husband loves me for more than a Visa, but I also know that there are pleanty of people who would "love" you only for a visa.

Edited by Mrs. Forgetful

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Oh I agree...my ex was Arab also. I'm Muslim so I only marry Muslims and of Muslims I prefer Mid Easterners/N. Africans. Yes, I could marry one from here but for some crazy reason I met one online. It wasn't my preferred choice of a way to meet a husband. We were friends at first then it turned into something more. Would I do it again...oh hell nooo! Do I love my husband..yes, very much. Do I think it was a package deal marrying me? Honestly..yes, I feel that way. There are loads of Egyptian women...why didn't he marry one of them? Well because he'd have to wait to save the money to provide them with what they require culturely to marry. I didn't require that..bonus #1. I'm American..bonus #2. Do I think he loves me..I KNOW he does. Do I think he's using me for a green card..NO. If that were the case there are lots of gals that could do that for him or any other man. I'm not disturbed nor sad for thinking this way.

moody....im definitly not offended, but as to your question as to why our husbands would choose to marry us over an arab women?? Why did I choose to marry an arab men when there are many men around here?? Think about it! love is love, no matter where you find it...For you to think peoples husbands and your husband had other motives to marry us, i think its disturbing and sad, because i could honestly say...if it wasnt for me, my husband would never want to live in the US

Oh yeah my husband is very proud to be Egyptian too and eventually he wants us to move to Egypt. If this all fell through (the visa thingy) we would live in Egypt. I don't doubt my husband loves me. I don't doubt his honesty to me. I don't think he married me for a visa. That was a bonus. But like Janine just said..there are lots of men who do just that. It's sick.

Actually my husband and I have discussed the Visa thing quite a lot. All I know is that it was my decision to stay a few more years and then we would decide wether or not we will move to Morocco. He doesn't want to stay here and he doesn't want to gain citizenship either! He's proud to be a Moroccan! That's why I love him! And I will tell you straight up! There were many times before we married that I thought maybe it's just for a visa, but he could really care less. He told me one day that he kinda just wanted the whole thing to get denied so we would have to move to Morocco. But I know deep down inside he would like to stay a little while longer so he can get a little more work experience, which makes me happy.

Tried to add: I know my husband loves me for more than a Visa, but I also know that there are pleanty of people who would "love" you only for a visa.

I just want to add.....I in no way am trying to be offensive. I apologize if anyone takes it that way.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Morocco is not one of the consulates that does allow petitioners to go in.

Sarah of sarah and hicham had to wait in nearby cafe! But she highly advocates being in the vicinity if possible. I believe she gave her fiance her passport to prove she was there.

Maggie

You mention preparing to go to the interviews. Is that possible? I thought it wasn't. I'll do anything if it will ensure that he gets approved.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

I was prepared to go to Jordan for Mohammed's interview, but the embassy in Amman said "Madame, you have done your part. There is no need for you to attend the interview." Each embassy is different. Some almost require the petitoners presence.

Jackie

I was prepared to go to Jordan for Mohammed's interview, but the embassy in Amman said "Madame, you have done your part. There is no need for you to attend the interview." Each embassy is different. Some almost require the petitoners presence.

Jackie

and i was in Algiers with my husband for his interview and didn't even have to leave to room!! every embassy is different.... :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Rahal and Donna: I know this consulate and have seen many go through this very issue. A little advice:

1. Address EVERYTHING that may or could be a red flag up front with the initial petition. Addressing every single possible red flag up front with the initial petition is the best way to go.

2. Provide as much proof as possible in regards to your relationship, even though it is not "required" like it is with a K1 visa petition, believe me this consulate needs to see it with the approved petition from USCIS, and do not wait until he gets to his interview to provide the consulate with this information. This includes: photos, letters, phone bills, chat logs, letters from both families, etc.

3. Go to his interview...be prepared to go with as little as 1 week notice. They will not let you in the consulate, but it is EXTREMELY important that they know you are there supporting him and available to answer any questions they might have. They have called the wife in before to question her, and can if they choose to.

The best way to handle this consulate is right up front with the USCIS...what information was known to USCIS at the time of approval the consulate cannot deny your petition for. Yes, they can question it, but they cannot deny the petition without "new" evidence. This is why addressing everything up front with the initial petition is so important.

I wish you much luck and happiness.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Timeline

Ironically, we are talking about getting my tubes untied and having a baby when I graduate. I guess I just had to find a man I knew would make a good father before I was willing to do that.

Oh totally off topic but I'm having the tubal ligation reversal done toooooo!!! Don't ya just wish you could turn back time and not have done it in the first place??? Will cost approx $6,000 to untie the suckers and no insurance reimbursement.

Only $6,000? I was told at least $7,000 last time I asked, and when I had a similar surgery this summer, the hospital bill alone was over $10,000. I'm guessing overall it will cost us about $15,000 for everything - Dr, anethesiologist, hospital, etc.

Honestly, I wouldn't turn back the clock. I had it done when I was 23 after my second son was born. When I think how many kids I would have probably had by now if I hadn't had it done I don't regret it. I was a freaking rabbit. My husband just had to look at me and I was pregnant (not quite, but I only missed my birth control once and got pregnant). Considering the cost to raise a kid, even $15,000 isn't so bad for 21 years of birth control.

I had this done last February. It did cost just a little under $6000.00, but I had it done at a surgical center rather than a hospital. The doctor only agreed to do it this way if I agreed to pay for a home visit from an RN. They said the surgery was a success, but I have yet to find out. It would help to actually have my husband here to find out for sure...lol

My questions would be -- did you meet on the internet? Do you have a common language? These are the other big red flags in Casa. I have met so many couples in Morocco where all of these red flags are up but they still got the visa -- but usually done through DCF -- this shows that the relationship is a little more valid -- seeing the woman stay in the home country with the man. Unfortunately, there is a new epidemic in Morocco of young 20-somethings men cruising the internet dating scene for older women -- the consulate knows all about it, as does the rest of the populace.

It isn't very normal within Moroccan culture for men to marry women that much older than them -- maybe 1-3 years or so, but not more than 5 or so. This is considered "hashouma" for better or for worse (i.e. whether we agree with it or not). Then again there are a few free-thinkers who just don't care and want a partnership. But most people agree that if the woman were not an American citizen (or a Canadian or a UK citizen, etc) the "attraction" would not be there.

I am not really sure what hashouma means, but to say that the attraction would not be there if we aren't American citizens is generalizing things a bit. Maybe that is not what you meant to say, I would hope not. If you are Muslim then I am sure you are quite aware that the Prophet Mohammed,s (PBUH) first and most prized wife was indeed several years older than him. Did he do it for some form of US citizenship? Maybe he felt sorry for her? I honestly doubt that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so don't be so harsh. I know that isn't what you meant.

BTW, I am older than my husband, and I do know for a fact that the attraction is there. I get "hit on" by men of all ages here in the US, I was even called once a "hot momma" by a man my daugthers age. No, I am not bragging, just want you to understand that older doesn't always mean unattractive by any sense of the word.

Ramadan Karim to all.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Since the chat logs were brought up here, does anyone familiar with Casablana Consulate know if chat logs and emails need to be translated to english or is leaveing the way they are (combination of english and french) proof of how we communicate as well that we DO communicate? If this is addressed on another forum already point me in the right direction and I will read!!

Thanks,

Maggie

Rahal and Donna: I know this consulate and have seen many go through this very issue. A little advice:

2. Provide as much proof as possible in regards to your relationship, even though it is not "required" like it is with a K1 visa petition, believe me this consulate needs to see it with the approved petition from USCIS, and do not wait until he gets to his interview to provide the consulate with this information. This includes: photos, letters, phone bills, chat logs, letters from both families, etc.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Since the chat logs were brought up here, does anyone familiar with Casablana Consulate know if chat logs and emails need to be translated to english or is leaveing the way they are (combination of english and french) proof of how we communicate as well that we DO communicate? If this is addressed on another forum already point me in the right direction and I will read!!

Thanks,

Maggie

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

We haven't gotten even the NOA2 yet, but I kept all the chats and emails taht I forwarded to Hamid the same. It's mostly in English/broken English with a few longer emails in French and smattering of darija (and even a little tamazight!) just to make things interesting I think they'll get the idea. that's just my opinion.

timeline doesn't matter.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Can't someone make up chat logs wicked easy using notepad or something? I mean all you'd need to do is type in a name, different times for the postings and then make stuff up. I would think chat logs, for that reason, woudln't be that great of evidence as opposed to say phone records and such.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
Can't someone make up chat logs wicked easy using notepad or something? I mean all you'd need to do is type in a name, different times for the postings and then make stuff up. I would think chat logs, for that reason, woudln't be that great of evidence as opposed to say phone records and such.

From what I have seen the consulate do prefer phone records. But on the other hand, can you imagine the time it would take to make up hundreds of unique instant messages? My husband and I have talked on a daily basis now for the past 2 1/2 years. That would be over 700 days of conversation I would have had to fake...not worth it!

I have just had our petition reaffirmed by the USCIS, and my communication proof was almost completely from yahoo messenger. Of course we have much more evidence than just that, but obviously it worked fine for proof.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

:help: I really need a answer to this question if any one knows.What kind of problems will we have because of our 23 years old age different,He is 25 years of age and I am 48 years young and I need to know has anyone out there has any advice,Please no stupid remarks about the age different.It's love,not age!!!!

Please someone help me.We will be married soon in Morocco.

your gonna have BIG problems. just go armed with lots of proof of a valid marriage and relation.

20 years or more is a generation. good luck in proving your case.

We have an 18 year difference and it never was an obstacle either in our personal life or with USCIS. This October we will celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary alhamdulliah.

Good luck in your journey.

Jackie

I dated someone who was 18 years my senior for almost a year. The relationship didn't work primarily because he had raised his children and wanted my 'undivided attention'. Even though he said he understoond my obligations, he could not cope with the fact that I had other commitments outside of our relationship and that my kids were my priority. For a 56-yr old man, he was very insecure, and I couldn't stand being smothered.

He only lived a mile away... and not on another continent.

Jen

:lol:

I dated a older man 24 years older than me. the relationship did not last because, it was just too

GROSS. I also could not stand to be smothered and certainly not used to being told

my career goals were not important. when I wanted to be a flight attendant. oh my god

we had the biggest fight on the planet. In his era women were to be taken care of by the man

being a military officer retired he could not or would not stand for me even having a career.

shon.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I rarely called Hicham on the phone and if I did it was wth a phone card with no record of his number or mine but I did print out the receipts from my inbox and they looked at them in the interview. The most important for us was skype and also our emails proving we both speak French. Maggie- we didn't have those translated into English. Good luck,

Sarah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.