hichamslove

Ramadan

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The Community Mosque in Winston-Salem, NC said we were to fast starting this morning until Oct 23. At least that's what my husband was told. Hope this helps.

Mary K.

EDITED TO SAY:

OH! forgot to say that sundown for us was at 7:15 today and tomorow will be at 7:14.

Edited by maryandatif

Mary (NC) Atif (Youssoufia)

NOA2 for 129F on 16 Nov 2005......NOA2 for I-130 on 28 Nov 2005

INTERVIEW DATE SCHEDULED FOR 9AM[GMT] 27 FEBRUARY 2006-Issued 221g for Validity of relationship....told being sent back to USCIS/Atif Received Visa On 10 March 2006

AOS/EAD

10 July 2006--signed I-485 and I-765

25 July 2006 recieved NOA-1 for both

18 Aug 2006 Biometrics Appt.

21 Oct 2006 EAD arrives in mail

26 Dec 2006 received aapt.->01 Feb 2007 AOS interview->CANCELLED! rescheduled 01 Aug 2007-waiting

09 Feb '07-received denial of AOS--#######??!! MTR filed--Interview-01 Aug 07

27 Sept '07-I-765 [#2] filed--14 Nov '07 Biomerics for I-765 [#2]

Take it from me....GO TO THE AOS INTERVIEW DATE ANYWAY!!!!! EVEN IF YOU GET THE SNAIL MAIL NOTICE!!!

August 2009--Permanent Resident Card arrives!!!!

We are Finished with Immigration for 10 years!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

When you start fasting depends on where you are in the US and who you decide to follow. I venture to guess that just about everyone here in the US began fasting either Saturday or Sunday. If you didn't start fasting on those days, you'll have to make up the missed days after Ramadan.

As for the time you start fasting, stick your zipcode into IslamicFinder, click on the monthly prayer time link and scroll down to the bottom half of the page. Or, click on the Ramadan Prayer times banner on the top of the page. You start fasting when Fajr begins, and you end fasting when Maghrib begins.

For more info on ramadan, you may want to browse through the Ramadan Internet Finds thread I started here. Any other questions, feel free to ask!

Ramadan Mubarak!

Ramadan20Mubarik.jpg

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
LOL...I thought it was a funny way to say "revert"..yeah I switched over to Islam. Like you switched telephone companies or something. :lol:

You switched religion when you got married? What do you mean? I thought you were Christian!?

Switching religious practices to please a spouse or create harmony at home isn't uncommon in the least, but usually indicates

1. No strong faith in the previous religion to begin with

2. A lack of capacity to formulate your own ideas and value system

3. The lack of any sort of individual identity or happiness, thus allowing someone with whom you associate your happiness with to completely mold and manipulate you.

I-129F Timeline

07-14-06-I-129F Sent

07-16-06-I-129F Arrived in Chicago

07-20-06-I-129F NOA 1

07-27-06-Touched

10-23-06-Touched

11-18-06-Touched

11-22-06-Touched

11-24-06-Approved

11-27-06-Touched

12-04-06-NVC Received

12-06-06-NVC Left

12-14-06-Arrived at Consulate

01-04-07-Packet 3 Received

01-05-07-Packet 3 Sent

01-10-07-Medical Examination

02-13-07-Interview in Johannesburg

Filed: Timeline

I just thought it was put in a funny way. The word "switched" kinda tickled me. Also the way it was said so nonchalantly.

LOL...I thought it was a funny way to say "revert"..yeah I switched over to Islam. Like you switched telephone companies or something. :lol:

You switched religion when you got married? What do you mean? I thought you were Christian!?

Switching religious practices to please a spouse or create harmony at home isn't uncommon in the least, but usually indicates

3. The lack of any sort of individual identity or happiness, thus allowing someone with whom you associate your happiness with to completely mold and manipulate you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I would add calling yourself " The wife of ... someone" :lol:

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
I would add calling yourself " The wife of ... someone" :lol:

trollsprayfw6.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:pop:

timeline doesn't matter.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I see no problem with "switching" religion. If it makes the relationship work and the person made as an adult a free choice, what's the big deal.

For me, if I were going to become religious or convert to another religion, I would hope it would be for the right reasons. The right reasons for me would be that I had a genuine interest in the religion and I studied up on it and felt compelled to commit myself to certain beliefs. I would never convert to a religion just because my husband is of that religion, or because he would be happier if I did- that's not the point of religion to me. If someone switched religion because their husband wants them to well that doesn't seem right to me.

Filed: Timeline

:thumbs:

I see no problem with "switching" religion. If it makes the relationship work and the person made as an adult a free choice, what's the big deal.

For me, if I were going to become religious or convert to another religion, I would hope it would be for the right reasons. The right reasons for me would be that I had a genuine interest in the religion and I studied up on it and felt compelled to commit myself to certain beliefs. I would never convert to a religion just because my husband is of that religion, or because he would be happier if I did- that's not the point of religion to me. If someone switched religion because their husband wants them to well that doesn't seem right to me.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I switched cell phone companies once.

It was a fairly capricious desicion...ya know? I didn't like one...so just...SWITCHED...to another.

So I know where she's coming from.

:blink:

For me, if I were going to become religious or convert to another religion, I would hope it would be for the right reasons. The right reasons for me would be that I had a genuine interest in the religion and I studied up on it and felt compelled to commit myself to certain beliefs. I would never convert to a religion just because my husband is of that religion, or because he would be happier if I did- that's not the point of religion to me. If someone switched religion because their husband wants them to well that doesn't seem right to me

Amen Sarah. In addition, I would have done TONS of research to know what I was getting into. This research would have included...when fasting starts at ramadan.

just me.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.