Sign in to follow this  
ronnielee67

do it your self visa kit?

12 posts in this topic

has anyone bought the do it your self k-1 visa kit that is advertised on here. a russian lawyer ( mrs. jones) offers it for $89 . i am doing my i-129f packet by myself. is there enough information here to get it right, or ia help from a lawyer really necesarry. i would really like to have detailed instructions. any suggestions? thanks

Mew    0
is there enough information here to get it right,

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides - read through the guides and the forms you'll need to submit. Study them and then you'll be in a position where you'll be more comfortable to decide whether a lawyer will be needed, combining your situation and the information you get.

About lawyers vs. doing it yourself: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry388510

This was my very first question when I posted here so many months ago, lol. Personally, I found the people and guides at VJ to be invaluable. My advice, as long as you have a straight forward case, then spend the next little while searching the forums for knowledge, then go through the motions of filling out the petition and gathering all your info/evidence first - if you are still not comfortable, then perhaps look into a kit or a lawyer.

All the best!

Mo

We looked into those as well, just to find out VJ was a MUCH better "kit". You can download all the forms right from here or from USCIS's website, follow the guides from VJ and ask anything you have doubt on. There are A LOT of members that had successful visa stories that are prompt to help you. :)

Welcome to VJ and good luck on your process!

i bought one of those "kits" it was like 50 bucks or something like that it didnt have all pages of g-325 i found this out before i sent in the petition but cost me a delay of a weeks b/c i was with my girl when we filled out these forms from teh kit had her sign everything. found this site before i sent in my app and found the g-325 contains 4 forms so i had to mail them to her and wait for her to fill them out and sign them. one week and with imbra thing really didnt matter as my case took longer than normal. you can get much better info on this site , just my 2 cents.

good luck

We looked into those as well, just to find out VJ was a MUCH better "kit". You can download all the forms right from here or from USCIS's website, follow the guides from VJ and ask anything you have doubt on. There are A LOT of members that had successful visa stories that are prompt to help you. :)

Welcome to VJ and good luck on your process!

has anyone bought the do it your self k-1 visa kit that is advertised on here. a russian lawyer ( mrs. jones) offers it for $89 . i am doing my i-129f packet by myself. is there enough information here to get it right, or ia help from a lawyer really necesarry. i would really like to have detailed instructions. any suggestions? thanks

You can save the $89. There's more than enough information here.

I bought one of those kits put together by an attorney. Some of the forms were outdated. Some of the instructions were not clear to me. I found the wealth of information here on this forum much better than the kit. People here are very helpful, caring about your case and inspired, unlike most attorneys.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.