Cristy

Do you and your SO share political views?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well, in general, he's a liberal. But I'm WAY liberal. :P

We talk about politics but only agree with each other about 50% of the time. hehe

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We are polar opposites in politics well American politics and he doesn't know too much about Canadian so he doesn't say much about it. I do have a strong opinion and we are or I am careful when I speak about Bush as we don't feel the same but hey it takes all kinds so I appreciate he can have a different opinion then me even if it is wrong, ha ha ha :dance:

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

I can honestly say I could never marry a Bush supporter. Don't get offended now, that is MY preference. OH is a faculty union president so there's plenty of politics flying around this house to be bothered by anything that goes on in online forums. Vermont is a very liberal state. Thank effing gawd. :yes:

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
we discuss the Iraq war, to kick off foreplay in the dead of the night,middle of the bed.

:lol:

I can honestly say I could never marry a Bush supporter. Don't get offended now, that is MY preference. OH is a faculty union president so there's plenty of politics flying around this house to be bothered by anything that goes on in online forums. Vermont is a very liberal state. Thank effing gawd. :yes:

:lol: Hey there, Lou Lou! :star: Good to see you on VJ again!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know about the same views; we certainly have a different dynamic. She believes I should shut the ###### up so I don't risk suffering support for the family.

Date I-129F Sent : 03/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA1: 04/03/2006

I-129F RFE(s) : 08/10/2006

I-129F RFE Reply(s) : 08/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 08/18/2006

Date Package Received By NVC : 09/05/2006

Date Sent to Embassy: 09/18/2006 assigned number MNL2006743xxx

Date Embassy received 09/26/2006

letter-touched 10/17/2006

information on medical and interview 11/17/2006

Packet with Information 11/29/2006

Medical 1/12/2007

Interview 1/19/2007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We are both on the same side of the political spectrum, although his overall positions are more conservative than mine - kind of the difference between a Liberal Canadian and a liberal America (VBG!!). I am a pro-Liberal (Canadian Political Party) with NDP (New Democratic Party) and Green (Party) sympathies, while he is really an anti-Republican rather than pro-anything. There is a difference in the mind-set.

Neither of us would be able to sustain a happy relationship if we were not in political sympathy with each other. The same thing applies to religion. Neither of us would feel comfortable in the relationship if we did not share a similar spiritual perspective.

I was very pro-NDP.... but last election I voted liberal because the NDP candidate had no chance of winning, and I was strongly against Harper's neo-conservativism

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We do not agree on Politics :no:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are both on the same side of the political spectrum, although his overall positions are more conservative than mine - kind of the difference between a Liberal Canadian and a liberal America (VBG!!). I am a pro-Liberal (Canadian Political Party) with NDP (New Democratic Party) and Green (Party) sympathies, while he is really an anti-Republican rather than pro-anything. There is a difference in the mind-set.

Neither of us would be able to sustain a happy relationship if we were not in political sympathy with each other. The same thing applies to religion. Neither of us would feel comfortable in the relationship if we did not share a similar spiritual perspective.

I was very pro-NDP.... but last election I voted liberal because the NDP candidate had no chance of winning, and I was strongly against Harper's neo-conservativism

I did the same thing.

I never thought I would marry a bush supporter but I already was totally in love by the time I found out....it just never came up. I was shocked to say the least.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Tough question. I tend to fall on the left on most issues, where as he can go anywhere from far left to far right depending on the issue. We mostly discuss the issues on which we agree. :)

:lol: Hey there, Lou Lou! :star: Good to see you on VJ again!

Hi Steve :D I'm still around ;)

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Had I known my Gypsy voted for Bush early on in our relationship... well he and I would not be together today... but he is far more enlightened now... and I do keep bringing up issues with Mum that are not the Iraq war - issues that affect her... I hope someday I can make a complete difference there too...

But you know I am glad I did not know what I came to know later... coz I would have never found the wonderful man I am now with... he does not like discussing politics - but with me around - as left wing as they come and as political as they come... he has precious little chance of escaping it :blink:

Paul and I met on the Bazaar on the 14th January (he joined my progressive rock forum that day)

July 3rd he flew to England to meet me

We fell in love while he drove all over the place coz I cannot read maps (we were supposed to go to Ingleton - but touched Darlington 4 times, Pierce Bridge 6 times, Scotch Corner twice and Bernard Castle twice and we never did make it to Ingleton)

It has been so long and so much has happened in between...

Arrived in Houston on October 29th 2006

Married 17th November 2006

Lost my father 8th January 2007 (all dates are a blur after this)

Conditional Green Card dated 24th October 2007

I-751 posted on 6th August 2009

Received on 7th August 2009 in VT

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Joel and I share many of the same political views. There's not much we differ on anyway. Weird I guess, eh?

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Joel and I share many of the same political views. There's not much we differ on anyway. Weird I guess, eh?

Same here.

To be honest I don't think I could have married someone who had all opposite political views than me. Although you won't hear me talking politics in real life very often (I have talked politics more on VJ than ever in real life :unsure::P ), it was important for the person I marry to share similar views on certain things(not all things but certain ones.). We are pretty much on the same wavelength. And it's not the left. :no::D

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord