andyon

travel during k3 process???

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Can my husband come on a visitors visa to stay with me for three months while he is waiting to get his interview?..we filed our k3 in april and we are at the affidavit of support stage..but i dont want to wait any longer to see him..plz does anyone know if he can come?????

01/28/04-met online via yahoo (hot diggity!!!!)

spoke on online and cam every day for over a year

04/01/05-andy comes to tennessee for 2 weeks!!!!! (double hot diggity!!!!)

06/18/05-andy comes back to stay with me for 3 months!!!!!

12/30/05-andy comes back to stay with me for 3 more months!!!!!!!

03/18/06- WE GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***HERE STARTS OUR VISA JOURNEY***

04/03/06-mailed packet to texas

04/07/06-touched

04/08/06-check cashed @ texas

04/16/06- 1st NOA!!!!!!!!!!

05/10/06-mailed packet to chicago

05/12/06-touched

07/20/06-2nd NOA.!!!!!!!!!......took forever !!!!(had to send back additional info which was

some form saying youve never committed any horrible crimes!!!!!!

08/22/06-went for his medical!!!!!!!!!!

****waisted a bunch of time because we both recieved packets and got confused..he was sent

k3/ds papers and i was sent I-864 forms for cr-1....WE GOT MIXED UP!!!!!!!!!

10/03/06-hubby mailed off check list for k3 to embassy

10/12/06-hubby recieved interview date!!!!!!.............NOV 7th @ london embassy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG

11/07/06-APPROVED!!!!VISA GRANTED!!!! YAY!!!!!!!"

No one said it would be easy...no one said it would be so hard"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
Can my husband come on a visitors visa to stay with me for three months while he is waiting to get his interview?..we filed our k3 in april and we are at the affidavit of support stage..but i dont want to wait any longer to see him..plz does anyone know if he can come?????

He can come to visit, but I don't know about staying for 3 months. That's quite a long time, and may raise some eyebrows when he arrives at the POE.

Longest my wife has ever stayed for was one month. (We are doing a Cr-1)

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

Timeline

He can come to visit, but I don't know about staying for 3 months. That's quite a long time, and may raise some eyebrows when he arrives at the POE.

Longest my wife has ever stayed for was one month. (We are doing a Cr-1)

well..before we got married he always stayed for the maximum..3 months. so that is what we were going to do this time....unless his interview came before the 3 months .....but, he can travel on a visitors visa even tho he applied for a k3 visa???

01/28/04-met online via yahoo (hot diggity!!!!)

spoke on online and cam every day for over a year

04/01/05-andy comes to tennessee for 2 weeks!!!!! (double hot diggity!!!!)

06/18/05-andy comes back to stay with me for 3 months!!!!!

12/30/05-andy comes back to stay with me for 3 more months!!!!!!!

03/18/06- WE GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***HERE STARTS OUR VISA JOURNEY***

04/03/06-mailed packet to texas

04/07/06-touched

04/08/06-check cashed @ texas

04/16/06- 1st NOA!!!!!!!!!!

05/10/06-mailed packet to chicago

05/12/06-touched

07/20/06-2nd NOA.!!!!!!!!!......took forever !!!!(had to send back additional info which was

some form saying youve never committed any horrible crimes!!!!!!

08/22/06-went for his medical!!!!!!!!!!

****waisted a bunch of time because we both recieved packets and got confused..he was sent

k3/ds papers and i was sent I-864 forms for cr-1....WE GOT MIXED UP!!!!!!!!!

10/03/06-hubby mailed off check list for k3 to embassy

10/12/06-hubby recieved interview date!!!!!!.............NOV 7th @ london embassy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG

11/07/06-APPROVED!!!!VISA GRANTED!!!! YAY!!!!!!!"

No one said it would be easy...no one said it would be so hard"

Filed: Timeline

With the visa we're applying for, we were informed that my husband would need a specific visa to visit the United States while it's being processed. We were advised that it would be easier if he did not travel to the US while we're being processed, but I didn't ask why at the time.

See, we live together...abroad...so it's not like I never get to see him. I just never get to see my family unless I want to travel alone.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

There is no reason why your husband cannot come to visit you, I did it many times with no problems.

However, having said that, there is a potential for disappointment if the immigration official at the airport decides that your husband has immigration intent.

Many advise that you should carry proof of compelling reasons to return nto the country of origin (letters from employers, that kind of thing) should your husband encounter this.

Good luck, I hope you get to see him soon :)

Oh, and as for length of stay, so long as he doesn't violate the VWP (which is 90 days if I remember correctly) there is no reason why the length of the visit should have any bearing.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Andyon,

I had asked this question a few days back. My husband is also living in London and I am here in the states.

We did a lot of research and really came out more confused than before we posed the question.

The best I can give you is that no where does it state that one cannot come over on the visa waiver program if their non-immigrant K3 visa is pending. On the USDOS website, there is a list of people not eligeable for the visa waiver program and having a pending visa status is not listed.

There is always the chance that he will be denied entrance at customs, so he should bring a lot of documentation showing that he has ties to the UK. People have suggested a lease, pay stubs/letter of employment, etc. In addition, he should travel with copies of the NOAs, so that he can prove is trying to immigrate legally.

That's the best advice I can give and it's basically made up of the advice given to me by others.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.