Mordoran

I-134 Questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi,

My fiancee has her packet back. We are waiting to hear when her interview will be now. I just have some questions about the I-134 that I am doing for her. It might sound silly that I am asking this stuff, but I don't want to mess anything up. I think everyone gets a little nervous on these forms since you're dealing with something so important.

Anyway, on question 7 you say that you are employed in a type of business with (name of concern). What is a concern? I am in the military so my business would be the U.S. Army I guess. No clue what a concern is.

The next question is about the Oath or affirmation of sponsor. The last line asks for the signature of officer admnistering oath. Do I have to have someone sign this other than me? And when it says "my commission expires on" is that asking when I will stop giving support to the person I am doing the affadavit for?

Thanks for the help.

"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

-John Stuart Mill

The type of concern is the type of business... US Army is sufficient.

The bottom of the form is for the notarization. You do not complete that, nor do you sign the form until you are in the presence of a notary public.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The I-134 has to be signed and notarized. You'll sign it when you go have it notarized; the rest of the blanks under the "Oath or Affirmation of Sponsor" will be filled out by a notary.

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.