ninamyers

Medical question - UK

5 posts in this topic

Hellooo,

I have my medical on friday, and everything is fine except I can't find the silly bit of paper which says I had MMR at school when I was 13, which is the only one missing from the list. I don't mind having it again, but i DO mind having to pay a stupid amount of money for it! When they see the missing one will they insist on me having it done there and then, or can I get it done at my own doctors after the medical? I know the vaccination part isn't actually compulsory until applying for AOS, so I'm hoping this will be ok..

THanks for your help, and good luck to those with interviews tomorrow!!

Maria x

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

ninamyers,

You have 90 days after you enter the US to get your vaccinations up to date.

With respect to the MMR that you had, yet cannot find the paperwork, I heard they can test your blood for antibodies from the vaccine. Certainly cheaper and less painful than going through it again.

Hopefully, someone who knows more about that test will chime in.

Hellooo,

I have my medical on friday, and everything is fine except I can't find the silly bit of paper which says I had MMR at school when I was 13, which is the only one missing from the list. I don't mind having it again, but i DO mind having to pay a stupid amount of money for it! When they see the missing one will they insist on me having it done there and then, or can I get it done at my own doctors after the medical? I know the vaccination part isn't actually compulsory until applying for AOS, so I'm hoping this will be ok..

THanks for your help, and good luck to those with interviews tomorrow!!

Maria x

Edited by William33

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Maria,

This happened to me also when I went for my medical in London. They will try and get you to have the injection done there but it's quite expensive. I asked them if I could go back to my GP and get it done there if I needed it, but I was sure I had it done at school and they said that was fine as long as I faxed them a letter from my doctor saying I had it done. If you decided to go this route they will only realese your results to the embassy when you have faxed them through the letter. I went home and called the school I attended as they are supposed to keep a list of all immunizations (this is what my doctor told me to do) Well it turned out they had no records of it and I ended up getting it done at my doctors for no charge. You will need to get it done for when you go through AOS, I would get it done in the UK rather than the US as it is so much cheaper back home.

Katie

Thanks Katie, I had forgotten you have to pay for everything in the US! I will call up the school tomorrow just in case they have a record of it, if not I will go straight to my GP! Not letting the embassy doctors charge me money...

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

See 9FAM 40.11 N7.5 per this link...

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0940011N.pdf

That being said, we decided not to take any chances. David did not have ANY vaccination records at all, so his GP performed a blood test to determine which ones he'd had. Turned out, he was up to date with everything except varicella, so he had that one done.

When he had his medical last week, the panel phys. saw that he'd been missing a tetanus shot (this doc was VERY thorough. David had been bitten by a dog 2 years ago and needed 3 tetanus shots. He'd only had 2, so the doc asked him to go back to his gp to have the last one done). So when David returned home, he went to his gp for the shot the next day. The gp's office faxed the confirmation to the panel phys and David phoned to confirm that they'd received it the next day. David then asked for the panel phys to fax him a copy of the DS-3025 so he'd have it for his AOS, and they did so. All set!!

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.