one...two...tree

I like naps

38 posts in this topic

I love napping too but it can't be too late in the day because then it will throw me off. I also love napping with my hubster. I think napping should be mandatory too. I heard that in Mexico they have siestas where everyone closes up shop at a certain time to take a nap. Is that true? We should adop that here. I feel so much better after a nap!

Don't know about in Mexico, but in Spain most things are closed from about 2pm to 6pm for siesta (businesses are open 9 to 2 and 6 to 9). It sucks, actually. If you don't want to take a four-hour nap, there is nothing you can do during that time, and you get home obscenely late from work (standard dinner time is 10pm).

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always though siesta was just a couple of hours :o

4 hrs was a whole nights sleep for Mrs Thatcher :lol:

I remember being in Kindergarten and the teacher telling us we HAD to have a nap after lunch, with a blanket on the floor. Oooooooooooooo how I fought that! Now I just wish my boss would come into my office after lunch and order me home for a nap! *sigh*

I love naps

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I cannot live without my naps :lol:

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

I love naps so much, I'm thinking of moving to Napa :lol:

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

I remember being in Kindergarten and the teacher telling us we HAD to have a nap after lunch, with a blanket on the floor. Oooooooooooooo how I fought that! Now I just wish my boss would come into my office after lunch and order me home for a nap! *sigh*

I love naps

Carla (F)

Ooooooooo.......I remember those days....we all had a camp bed and a blanky in the gym and had a kip!! Not sure that could happen these days with all the ADHD/Hyperactivity in kids today :lol::lol:

I loved nap time even then :luv::luv:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I just woke up from my Sunday afternoon nap. It was heavenly!

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Oh I love to take a nap!And Oh Gary love it too ESPECIALLY after I put Him to work! ;) He is always sexci ..errr..excited when I told Him ''baby its nap time'' :P

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

I would love to take a nap. Been up half the night nursing the worst toothache I've ever had in my life. Just waiting for my husband to wake up to drive me to the store and ask the pharmacist for the strongest painkillers they have, so I can make it to Monday to see a denist :unsure:

Try some clove oil.

Or wake up your husband! Toothaches are a total ######. You need some medicine, and now. I would not wait for him to wake himself up!

PS I also enjoy the occasional nap.

Having had a little look online, I think I already had the strongest painrelief that I can get over the counter. Also the nearest pharmacy wasn't open until 10am anyhow. :) I'm doing a little better now. Swishing a little mouthwash around my mouth from time, that seems to help numb my mouth a bit.

Thanks for the suggestion of Clove Oil, Jenn. I'd forgotten about that. I remember as a kid my parents had some and I hated the smell of it. But I'm desperate enough to try anything that might help take the edge off of the pain. :thumbs:

Oh, also I managed to take a little nap when the pain subsided. The nap was much enjoyed. :D

Edited by HuffyTheSlayer

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

naps Rule, I used to be able to take a small nap after work before my other job since I was working only 30 hours per week, now i work 40 hours and still get up at the same time and go straight to my other job, so no nap.

Last monday I was falling asleep teaching the kids the letter M.

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Filed: Timeline

I love naps

Carla (F)

Anyone see that Seinfeld ep where George made a bed under his desk at Yankee Stadium? He was napping, then Steinbrenner came into his office & was hanging out so George called Jerry to call in a bomb scare?

priceless :lol:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

*SIGH* We love naps. Really. Just napping. :)

I have to admit, I do like the Spanish way of thinking....the Siesta. There are many days at school where we all wish we could have a nice two hour nap. Of course, that would make the school day much longer, but at least we wouldn't be so darned tired. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I love naps

Carla (F)

Anyone see that Seinfeld ep where George made a bed under his desk at Yankee Stadium? He was napping, then Steinbrenner came into his office & was hanging out so George called Jerry to call in a bomb scare?

priceless :lol:

:lol: That's awesome!