Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Teachers

Substantial variability in time lags in ALL K1 steps

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

From the time you send your application until the NOA1 is issued varies substantially:

0-14 days CSC 676 which is 77.6%

VSC 236 which is 84.6%.

15-21 days CSC 119 which is 13.7%

VSC 25 which is 9.0%.

22 days or more CSC 76 which is 8.8%

VSC 18 which is 6.4%.

Businesses virtually always deposit checks within 7 days. Even allowing for NSC and TSC forwarding to CSC, how can they take more than 14 days 22.5% of the time at CSC and 15.4% of the time at VSC?

The lag from P2 until the NVC sends to the Consulate also varies substantially, with CSC taking far longer than VSC.

0-14 days CSC 120 which is 39.9%

VSC 117 which is 92.8%.

Even worse, 67 of the CSC ones (22.2%) take 22 days or longer. Apparently CSC just sits on approved files for a week or two before sending them to NVC! I would like to know why they are so much slower!

Once NVC sends the files to the embassies or consulates, you'd think they would arrive within a few days. After all, DHL can circle the globe in less than a week. Unfortunately, only 78.4% make it within 7 days. Worse, about 5 % take over 2 weeks. Worst are China, Cuba, Dominican Republic the Philipines and Taiwan, each of which had one or more cases take 35 days or longer!

After the Consulate gets the package from NVC, most consulates/embassies send out the P3 within 14 days (73.4%). But the other 26.6% take more than two weeks. Special mention goes to those who take over 28 days: China, Germany, Iran, Jamaica, Korea, Mexico, Philippines (several), Russia, and Vietnam (several).

Here is the data, in case you want it.

Other_steps_in_the_K1_process_Sept_23_2006.doc

Tom


Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
From the time you send your application until the NOA1 is issued varies substantially:

0-14 days CSC 676 which is 77.6%

VSC 236 which is 84.6%.

15-21 days CSC 119 which is 13.7%

VSC 25 which is 9.0%.

22 days or more CSC 76 which is 8.8%

VSC 18 which is 6.4%.

Businesses virtually always deposit checks within 7 days. Even allowing for NSC and TSC forwarding to CSC, how can they take more than 14 days 22.5% of the time at CSC and 15.4% of the time at VSC?

The lag from P2 until the NVC sends to the Consulate also varies substantially, with CSC taking far longer than VSC.

0-14 days CSC 120 which is 39.9%

VSC 117 which is 92.8%.

Even worse, 67 of the CSC ones (22.2%) take 22 days or longer. Apparently CSC just sits on approved files for a week or two before sending them to NVC! I would like to know why they are so much slower!

Once NVC sends the files to the embassies or consulates, you'd think they would arrive within a few days. After all, DHL can circle the globe in less than a week. Unfortunately, only 78.4% make it within 7 days. Worse, about 5 % take over 2 weeks. Worst are China, Cuba, Dominican Republic the Philipines and Taiwan, each of which had one or more cases take 35 days or longer!

After the Consulate gets the package from NVC, most consulates/embassies send out the P3 within 14 days (73.4%). But the other 26.6% take more than two weeks. Special mention goes to those who take over 28 days: China, Germany, Iran, Jamaica, Korea, Mexico, Philippines (several), Russia, and Vietnam (several).

Here is the data, in case you want it.

Other_steps_in_the_K1_process_Sept_23_2006.doc

Tom

I can believe it my fiancee is from Egypt they sent his P3 on August 31 he still has not recieved it. I don't think they sent it yet. I can't even get in touch with anyone about it through email or the phone number.

AJ1

From the time you send your application until the NOA1 is issued varies substantially:

0-14 days CSC 676 which is 77.6%

VSC 236 which is 84.6%.

15-21 days CSC 119 which is 13.7%

VSC 25 which is 9.0%.

22 days or more CSC 76 which is 8.8%

VSC 18 which is 6.4%.

Businesses virtually always deposit checks within 7 days. Even allowing for NSC and TSC forwarding to CSC, how can they take more than 14 days 22.5% of the time at CSC and 15.4% of the time at VSC?

The lag from P2 until the NVC sends to the Consulate also varies substantially, with CSC taking far longer than VSC.

0-14 days CSC 120 which is 39.9%

VSC 117 which is 92.8%.

Even worse, 67 of the CSC ones (22.2%) take 22 days or longer. Apparently CSC just sits on approved files for a week or two before sending them to NVC! I would like to know why they are so much slower!

Once NVC sends the files to the embassies or consulates, you'd think they would arrive within a few days. After all, DHL can circle the globe in less than a week. Unfortunately, only 78.4% make it within 7 days. Worse, about 5 % take over 2 weeks. Worst are China, Cuba, Dominican Republic the Philipines and Taiwan, each of which had one or more cases take 35 days or longer!

After the Consulate gets the package from NVC, most consulates/embassies send out the P3 within 14 days (73.4%). But the other 26.6% take more than two weeks. Special mention goes to those who take over 28 days: China, Germany, Iran, Jamaica, Korea, Mexico, Philippines (several), Russia, and Vietnam (several).

Here is the data, in case you want it.

Other_steps_in_the_K1_process_Sept_23_2006.doc

Tom

I can believe it my fiancee is from Egypt they sent his P3 on August 31 he still has not recieved it. I don't think they sent it yet. I can't even get in touch with anyone about it through email or the phone number.

AJ1

Cairo is not a good Embassy i see they also don't give accurate or correct information. So i have to add Egypt in those statistics. I really don't believe they sent anything.

AJ1


7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CSC-NVC-Gunagzhou = wait, wait, wait.


August-December 2004---------Together my baby.

June 2005-----------Together again.

November 2005-----Together again.

March 2006---------Together again.

July 2006------------Together again.

October-November 2006-------Together again.

April 28, 2006--------NOA1.

May 2006-------------IMBRA.

May 27, 2006--------Touched.

June 1, 2006---------Touched.

June 2, 2006---------Touched.

June 3, 2006---------Touched.

June 14, 2006-------Touched.

June 15, 2006-------Touched.

June 16, 2006-------Touched.

June 17, 2006-------Touched.

July 3, 2006---------Touched.

July 4, 2006---------Touched.

July 5, 2006---------Touched.

July 18, 2006--------Touched.

July 22, 2006--------Received IMBRA RFE.

July 24, 2006--------RFE returned Next Day Air to CSC.

July 25, 2006--------CSC receives RFE.

August 1, 2006------Touched 3 times.

August 1, 2006------Preliminary processing completed email.

August 2, 2006------Touched.

August 3, 2006------Touched.

August 7, 2006------Touched.

September 7, 2006---Touched.

September 7, 2006---Approved.

September 8, 2006---Touched.

September 11, 2006--Receive NOA2.

October 12, 2006-----Left NVC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think part of comparing CSC to VSC is volume related and proximity; don't forget that VSC is a neighbor to NVC..so mailing is much faster as well.

I agree that VSC is closer than CSC. That's why I made the first tiem grouping 14 days. I suspect mail from California can take 1-3 extra days. But if things are mailed even once a week, they should NEVER take more than 14 days to get to NVC and be entered. Also, since CSC does a higher volume, they presumably have enough cases to justify a shipment more often. This would push the two toward being closer to each other in time from NOA2 to NVC receipt.

I think both centers should strive for 100% received and processed at NVC within 14 days.

Tom


Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×