Sign in to follow this  
limubai2000

Sent I-129f little worried

12 posts in this topic

I just FedEx'd my I-129F last week and I am concerned after reading this site extensively.

Can anyone comment on -

1 - The passport photos that were included were not perfectly to the dimensions requested, they were alittle bigger if memory serves. They were actually taken in Manila.

2 - My G-325a was the new form and my Fiancee's was the old form (good through 10/1) which I just realized looking at my original packet. Anyone know if this will blow the brain circuits of some USCIS person?

I just FedEx'd my I-129F last week and I am concerned after reading this site extensively.

Can anyone comment on -

1 - The passport photos that were included were not perfectly to the dimensions requested, they were alittle bigger if memory serves. They were actually taken in Manila.

2 - My G-325a was the new form and my Fiancee's was the old form (good through 10/1) which I just realized looking at my original packet. Anyone know if this will blow the brain circuits of some USCIS person?

1. I went to a local mail box business to have my passport photos taken and when the owner cut them, I later came home to find them a different size than Jinky's so I carefully cut them to the same size. I honestly don't think they measure them with a stick.

2. As long as the old form hasn't expired (10/1), they should accept it.

It is natural to be a little nervous after filing. All you can do is wait it out. If either of these turn out to be issues they will send you an RFE, and you can fix the problem. And of course, they may not be any problem at all.

Good luck on your journey! :thumbs:

After I sent my application I started to freak out too about things - reading other couple's concerns made me question what I had done.

The first thing was that I had the wrong PO Box but my application was still delivered and I received my NOA1.

If you think you know what could be RFE'd then you could prepare it ahead of time, just in case.

Remember, they're people who look at our applications and they could miss something....or not feel that you needed to give more evidence.

As of now, you can only sit back and wait...

Good luck.

I remember the photos I sent in where not exactly 2x2, or whatever they asked for. As long as you are close, you shouldn't have a problem. Since you have already sent the I-129f (I assume) then don't worry about it !!!! Of course, if you have a chance to make them perfect, do so.

I freaked out for a week, and as it turns out I freaked out over all the wrong things. In any case, re: photos, the only things specified on the I-129F form are passport-style (not specific dimensions) and an inch from chin to the top of the head, and you and your fiancé having your own separate pictures.

My passport pics were as specified, but my fiance's pics were smaller than specified.

Our petition WAS approved by CSC with no problems. But, from what I understand, my fiance's consulate will ask him to go down the street (during the day of the interview) to get new passport pics that ARE the correct size.

So, no worries for now ...... if they ask for larger pics at the time of the interview we will simply get larger pics ;)

Can anyone comment on -

Regarding Question #1, yes it does matter. You can't have photos of any size. There is a specific measurement requirement for passport photos, but of course there is a little leaway. So no one can determine for you on here with your "alittle bigger" is too definitely above the leaway cutoff. The only thing you can do is wait it out and see if you get a RFE. There is nothing you can do about it now anyway.

Regarding Question #2, as the expiration date is 10/1, they should accept it. If not, you'll get a RFE for new ones. Either way, there is nothing you can do now. You just have to wait it out.

Can anyone comment on -

1. I went to a local mail box business to have my passport photos taken and when the owner cut them, I later came home to find them a different size than Jinky's so I carefully cut them to the same size. I honestly don't think they measure them with a stick.

2. As long as the old form hasn't expired (10/1), they should accept it.

What are the differences between the old and new forms? I'm in the same situation with my fiance. Also I think at the bottom at says the old forms can be used until the end of the year...

Thanks again guys for everything and the support.

The photos are just a tad big I think and the faces are a tad bigger. They aren't like totally way off.

On the USCIS website it clearly says that the old forms are good until 10/1 and since my FedEx should be there first thing Monday morning I'm hoping that I'm ok and I think I should be.

What are the differences between the old and new forms? I'm in the same situation with my fiance. Also I think at the bottom at says the old forms can be used until the end of the year...

The difference is the addition of the IMBRA questions. If the IMBRA questions are not on your form, then you will receive and RFE to submit answers to those few additional questions.

And regarding the expiration date ..... if I recall correctly, the initial "draft" version of the new form was given a October expiration date (which I believe was accepted as the finalized new form).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.