Teachers

CSC and VSC data and estimated processing

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Lots more people were approved. Lots more people filled in their timelines.

I looked at all 2006 NOA1's. I then excluded those with no activity since May 31. I also excluded those who obviously don't "fit", like the file with no NOA2 date, but an interview date. This will give somewhat higher waiting numbers than the analysis that Gary and some others do. All data are from the VJ Immigration Timelines database, imported into Excel and sorted. CSC includes NSC and TSC.

Here are the basics:

CSC March NOA1's processed in:

July & before 74

Aug. 45

Sept. 25

Waiting 25 15%

CSC April NOA1's processed in:

July & before 48

Aug. 46

Sept. 22

Waiting 24 17%.

CSC May NOA1's processed in:

July 47

Aug. 41

Sept. 12

Waiting 34 25%

CSC June NOA1's processed in:

July 29

Aug. 20

Sept. 17

Waiting 66 50%

CSC July NOA1's processed in:

July 1

Aug. 14

Sept. 37

Waiting 55 51%.

CSC Aug. NOA1's processed in:

Aug. 10

Sept. 17

Waiting 84 76%

CSC Sept. NOA1's processed in:

Sept. 3

Waiting 31 91%.

By comparison, VSC has cleared most, leaving the following waiting:

March 1 2%

April 4 10%

May 4 13%

June 9 24%

July 7 35%

Aug. 6 25%

Sept. 5 63%.

Processing rates:

CSC:

July 137

Aug. 178

Sept. so far 134

Estimated for month: 178, i.e. about 44 more in Sept.

IF they were to process 44 more in Sept. and 178 in October, and IF they were to process in order, then they would clear:

March 25

Apr. 24

May 34

June 66

July 55

Total 204.

If they kept up this pace, Aug. and Sept. would be cleared in Nov.

While they've cleared 76 from March-June this month, this does not seem to be their primary focus right now. While I'd love to see them clear out all these old applications, I anticipate they may clear lots of the July and Aug. files in the next 5 weeks. There is no good way to tell how many of the earlier ones have RFEs waiting to be processed, or what their priority will be between IMBRA vs. July/Aug. files.

VSC has really slowed down - 47 clearned in July, 57 in August, only 15 so far in Sept. I suspect this is because they have relatively few files waiting from the March -July period. I wish we knew why these files are waiting so much longer than most.

I am attaching the data details and graphs for those of you who are interested.VJ_data_Sept_22_2006.doc

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks, Tom! It's interesting to see how that July filer approvals for September outnumbered June filer approvals. My hunch is that many of those of us left in June had used the old pre-IMBRA form and CSC couldn't move forward with our cases until they receive our RFE's.

In any case, the number of approvals is encouraging. I would seem that CSC's restructering has been an improvement - their numbers seem to even be better than the approval times prior to IMBRA.

Timeline
Thanks, Tom! It's interesting to see how that July filer approvals for September outnumbered June filer approvals. My hunch is that many of those of us left in June had used the old pre-IMBRA form and CSC couldn't move forward with our cases until they receive our RFE's.

In any case, the number of approvals is encouraging. I would seem that CSC's restructering has been an improvement - their numbers seem to even be better than the approval times prior to IMBRA.

You're welcome.

Yes, they did more July than June. But I hope that they looked at the June files carefully - doing approvals for new forms and RFEs for old forms - before doing July and August.

I also wonder if this is a mad rush to the end of the fiscal year (Sept. 30), when they have to report on backlogs. Also, if they have extra budget, they may be in a "use it or lose it" situation. While I hope they don't slow down after October 1, it does concern me.

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

GREAT STATS!!!! I Love it broken down like that and hope to see CSC clear MARCH AND APRIL also, as those petitioners have been waiting for approvals!!!!! Thanks again!!!! :thumbs:

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Timeline
GREAT STATS!!!! I Love it broken down like that and hope to see CSC clear MARCH AND APRIL also, as those petitioners have been waiting for approvals!!!!! Thanks again!!!! :thumbs:

You're very welcome.

I totally agree that the March, April and May folks deserve to be cleared ASAP!

Tom

K1

Timeline

Sorry, but I found a couple of errors in my analysis. I included some VSC folks in my CSC data for Aug. and Sept. Overstatements are:

Aug. approved - should be 8, not 17

Aug. waiting - should be 78, not 84

Sept. approved - should be 0.

I will fix all of these in my analysis next weekend.

Tom

K1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.