andrew va thuy

communication test at HCM

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I read the timeline for Martindart. Lately the CSC has picked up pace, but maybe not for those waiting in the VN pipeline.

My finance does speak some limited English but in general we use VN. While I can write VN ( almost all email and chat ) , my pronounciation is poor- but my fiance can generally guess or we sort it out.

Is some form of test typical of the HCM office with guys who are obviously not native VN speakers ?

Thanks

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They have in the past requested video tapes showing a conversation taking place between the USC and the Vietnamese benificiary when this was in doubt. It is interesting that you can write the language. It may be less of a problem if you are a Vietnamese American. I don't see why they would question it if you look Vietnamese and can write Vietnamese.

Timeline
They have in the past requested video tapes showing a conversation taking place between the USC and the Vietnamese benificiary when this was in doubt. It is interesting that you can write the language. It may be less of a problem if you are a Vietnamese American. I don't see why they would question it if you look Vietnamese and can write Vietnamese.

I am definately not 'goc ng VN', --- and it has taken quite some effort to be able to use VN even at a childe level. :D

Filed: Other Country: Tonga
Timeline

My Fiancée was denied the K-129F for the following three reasons.

1. The Consulate interview person believes that because I wore the same color and style of clothes in our photos together while in VN together, they felt I was only in VN for 2 days. The Truth: I was there for 14 days. I have several sets of work clothes and one suit I wore during the ceremony thus the belief 2 days in Vietnam.

2. My very good friend of over ten years is Vietnamese. His family has welcomed me to all Family events and Holidays Events for 10 years before I ever thought about marrying a woman from Vietnam. I trained my friend ten years ago when we first met. Ten years later I chose to meet a Vietnamese woman thinking my friends who come from Vietnam, would help in my fiancée transition from VN to USA and no, My fiancée and my friends have never met nor are they related by blood or by friendship or anything else. I never shared with my friends that Phuong and I met each other until six months had passed and I was sure I loved my future Vo. (with this out of the way) I will continue, One year after meeting and falling in love with Phuong I wanted to met her, So, While my buddy for eleven years now was in China Town “one day” I asked him to pick-up a round trip ticket for me (because it was cheaper in China Town) I paid my friend back. Five months later I was on board EVA Air going to Ton Son Nhat airport to met my Fiancée and see if it “clicked” Yeah man!…I confirmed that I/we did indeed love each other, she 41, I, 48 years old. I returned to USA and began the process for the K-129F visa paperwork, which was in October 2004.

Now, nine months later it interview time. Consulate wants to know who paid for my ticket to fly to VN because I have been up front with everything I do with anyone who wanted to know in the application process. I did not want any problems… Sure enough, The Consulate believes fraud relationship exist… WRONG I said, I have been up front straight all a long… and now… you want to deny/revoke my petition! If my friend were Italian, Canadian, French or Native American it would be ok if they purchased my ticket? I was upset!! However, today, “not then” but today, I understand why the Consulate did what they did I need to understand. With the amount of fraud, they (Consulate Officers in VN) see everyday and what I read in the newspaper about recent frauds coming out of Vietnam it is no wonder.

Anyway, I waited for months and months for my chance to be heard before The Nebraska Service Center where I won and proved our relationship is true and sincere. This is when I received our REAFFIMED petition letter where (a year later) it still sits now/today in the Visa Chiefs Office since July 14 of this year waiting for the visa chief to act on the letter and give my true love another interview date…. Still waiting Consulate…

Oh, The third reason…

3. The Consulate felt by removing 2 photos of our 150 presented at interview (for later private inspection I guess?) that only six people sitting around a table were the only people who attended our Ceremony… Duh, as I pointed out before NSC Please look at these other photos of the same ceremony… in this one there are 18 people in view… see them all in the back ground? This one, from a different view has 10 more differently dressed people… and here, some more in the West area of the location where we had the ceremony… over 80 people family, friends and coworkers of my Cung oi Attended.

Well, as I say to myself each day… hang in there… if the love “is true” it will not die, it only becomes older as time passes… it never fades… :no: I will never stop! Until my Fiancée is home with me mai mai!

Cam on =-)

Forgive my spelling and/or punctuation and any other text mistakes… :yes:

Timeline

1. The Consulate interview person believes that because I wore the same color and style of clothes in our photos together while in VN together, they felt I was only in VN for 2 days. The Truth: I was there for 14 days. I have several sets of work clothes and one suit I wore during the ceremony thus the belief 2 days in Vietnam.

2. My very good friend of over ten years is Vietnamese. His family has welcomed me to all Family events and Holidays Events for 10 years before I ever thought about marrying a woman from Vietnam. I trained my friend ten years ago when we first met. Ten years later I chose to meet a Vietnamese woman thinking my friends who come from Vietnam, would help in my fiancée transition from VN to USA and no, My fiancée and my friends have never met nor are they related by blood or by friendship or anything else. I never shared with my friends that Phuong and I met each other until six months had passed and I was sure I loved my future Vo. (with this out of the way) I will continue, One year after meeting and falling in love with Phuong I wanted to met her, So, While my buddy for eleven years now was in China Town “one day” I asked him to pick-up a round trip ticket for me (because it was cheaper in China Town) I paid my friend back. Five months later I was on board EVA Air going to Ton Son Nhat airport to met my Fiancée and see if it “clicked” Yeah man!…I confirmed that I/we did indeed love each other, she 41, I, 48 years old. I returned to USA and began the process for the K-129F visa paperwork, which was in October 2004.

Now, nine months later it interview time. Consulate wants to know who paid for my ticket to fly to VN because I have been up front with everything I do with anyone who wanted to know in the application process. I did not want any problems… Sure enough, The Consulate believes fraud relationship exist… WRONG I said, I have been up front straight all a long… and now… you want to deny/revoke my petition! If my friend were Italian, Canadian, French or Native American it would be ok if they purchased my ticket? I was upset!! However, today, “not then” but today, I understand why the Consulate did what they did I need to understand. With the amount of fraud, they (Consulate Officers in VN) see everyday and what I read in the newspaper about recent frauds coming out of Vietnam it is no wonder.

Anyway, I waited for months and months for my chance to be heard before The Nebraska Service Center where I won and proved our relationship is true and sincere. This is when I received our REAFFIMED petition letter where (a year later) it still sits now/today in the Visa Chiefs Office since July 14 of this year waiting for the visa chief to act on the letter and give my true love another interview date…. Still waiting Consulate…

Oh, The third reason…

3. The Consulate felt by removing 2 photos of our 150 presented at interview (for later private inspection I guess?) that only six people sitting around a table were the only people who attended our Ceremony… Duh, as I pointed out before NSC Please look at these other photos of the same ceremony… in this one there are 18 people in view… see them all in the back ground? This one, from a different view has 10 more differently dressed people… and here, some more in the West area of the location where we had the ceremony… over 80 people family, friends and coworkers of my Cung oi Attended.

Well, as I say to myself each day… hang in there… if the love “is true” it will not die, it only becomes older as time passes… it never fades… :no: I will never stop! Until my Fiancée is home with me mai mai!

Cam on =-)

Thanks for sharing. This site has been a wealth of education - and I suspect had I known of it before submitting my I-129 F I may avoid RFEs.

Reading your story I have the impression that you met Phuong on line. I met Thuy on vietsingle.com - more than 2 years ago, but had made a short list of 3-4 to see in my first trip, I only made it to see 2.

I just turned 53, Thuy is 38. I only sent one photo and no other evidence. I had figured the info was all on my passport which they would check. ( I suppose it is - the VN kept my Visa when I exited ! ). I had no idea of the uproar over fraudulent marriages or at least that the consulate was examining evidence in any particular way. I will be ready to make sure I am in at least 2 different tank tops in the photos and include our photos at Vung Tau. I do have my hotel reciepts !

We did not have any party, we are saving that for a very small circle of friends of hers & immediate family so we have no photos like you described. While I have a VN friend like you - of 5 years - I was fortunate to have bought my ticket directly ( but my friend had to talk to the office to help me make arrangements because they spoke english so poorly ) - eg Universal Tours ( this one on 1237 S. Jackson ). Good rates with Asiana if you have not checked their fares.

We should keep in contact since we are in the same city area( I am in Kirkland )

Filed: Other Country: Tonga
Timeline

Oh, The third reason…

Cam on =-)

Thanks for sharing. This site has been a wealth of education - and I suspect had I known of it before submitting my I-129 F I may avoid RFEs.

Reading your story I have the impression that you met Phuong on line. I met Thuy on vietsingle.com - more than 2 years ago, but had made a short list of 3-4 to see in my first trip, I only made it to see 2.

I just turned 53, Thuy is 38. I only sent one photo and no other evidence. I had figured the info was all on my passport which they would check. ( I suppose it is - the VN kept my Visa when I exited ! ). I had no idea of the uproar over fraudulent marriages or at least that the consulate was examining evidence in any particular way. I will be ready to make sure I am in at least 2 different tank tops in the photos and include our photos at Vung Tau. I do have my hotel reciepts !

We did not have any party, we are saving that for a very small circle of friends of hers & immediate family so we have no photos like you described. While I have a VN friend like you - of 5 years - I was fortunate to have bought my ticket directly ( but my friend had to talk to the office to help me make arrangements because they spoke english so poorly ) - eg Universal Tours ( this one on 1237 S. Jackson ). Good rates with Asiana if you have not checked their fares.

We should keep in contact since we are in the same city area( I am in Kirkland )

Wow I, well my buddy brought my ticket from Anna, and I know tommy at Universal tours. I live in Everett. You will need photos of the two of you together in VN use a landmark, Ton son Nhat is good. Man you have to have all things in order. Make sure they stamp your passport, mine they didn't the USA didn't either.. so I wrote homeland security about, no reply. Yes, I met Phuong online at Vietsingle too in 2003 and alot of other people willing to say they were in love with me :unsure: so I took my time and soon met Phuong. We chat every morning before I go to work 5:00 am here is 7:00 pm there. We use yahoo messenger and web cam and she calls me every morning over coffee (phone rate very cheap) over there via computer. I bought her a computer for her home so she didn't have to walk to the net cafe in the rain to chat. She walked in the rain or shine daily for almost a year before I got it together and explained no more... we to old to for you to be getting rained on walking daily (I'd worry to much) she lives in Bien Hoa.

Ok Bud, time for bed Oh, I just bought her a DVD player and I, a new DVD camcorder. I/we gives us somthing to do while we wait this takes our mind off the waiting .... I shoot my home, my work, events, soon the Holidays (this will be the third christmas apart) and such, keeps us happy while we are apart. if you go to my photos here on VJ you'll see some ceremony photos of us. :yes:

Night... stay in touch....zzzzz

Timeline

We did not have any party, we are saving that for a very small circle of friends of hers & immediate family so we have no photos like you described.

You are going to need a lot of evidence for the consulate in Vietnam. When applying at the HCM consulate your case has to be squeeky clean or your fiance will not be walking out the door with a visa. First you should be prepared for a response from the CSC service center requesting more information if the only thing you sent in was one picture. The standards for proof of getting past the US service centers is far lower than that of any foreign consulatle, but I think they may even want more than one picture.

Going through the consulate is a much tougher deal though- by far. Your information is forwarded from the NVC to the HCM consulate, but they use very little of that to determine whether or not your fiance is going to be issued a visa. Remember that every case that goes through the HCM has been approved by the USCIS but probably less than 1/4 of the fiance's walk out with a pink slip after the first interview. Use the time between now and your fiance's interview to gather evidence. Keep everything- credit card receipts, phone records- start writing letters back and forth and save those. Most importantly, it sounds like you need to go back over there at least one more time and get some more pictures of you two together.

The good news is that you found VisaJourney early. Good luck!

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Timeline

Oh, The third reason…

Cam on =-)

Wow I, well my buddy brought my ticket from Anna, and I know tommy at Universal tours. I live in Everett. You will need photos of the two of you together in VN use a landmark, Ton son Nhat is good. Man you have to have all things in order. Make sure they stamp your passport, mine they didn't the USA didn't either.. so I wrote homeland security about, no reply. Yes, I met Phuong online at Vietsingle too in 2003 and alot of other people willing to say they were in love with me :unsure: so I took my time and soon met Phuong. We chat every morning before I go to work 5:00 am here is 7:00 pm there. We use yahoo messenger and web cam and she calls me every morning over coffee (phone rate very cheap) over there via computer. I bought her a computer for her home so she didn't have to walk to the net cafe in the rain to chat. She walked in the rain or shine daily for almost a year before I got it together and explained no more... we to old to for you to be getting rained on walking daily (I'd worry to much) she lives in Bien Hoa.

Ok Bud, time for bed Oh, I just bought her a DVD player and I, a new DVD camcorder. I/we gives us somthing to do while we wait this takes our mind off the waiting .... I shoot my home, my work, events, soon the Holidays (this will be the third christmas apart) and such, keeps us happy while we are apart. if you go to my photos here on VJ you'll see some ceremony photos of us. :yes:

Night... stay in touch....zzzzz

Thanks ! The additional insight is helpful. I saw the photos and it does seem incredulous the consulate has put you in such state. I think that the fraudulent ones have made the legitamate requests much more difficult - raising the stakes - eg. You send 150 photo's reams of evidence, they figure out it will take 200, and so on --- kind of cold war in which we might be dragged along.

Anyways - the best I can do now is simply have the few photos I have ready for an RFE(s).

BTW I work at Boeing - and occasionally up in Everett's plant. Hope you get some good news soon, you 2 certainly deserve a break.

We did not have any party, we are saving that for a very small circle of friends of hers & immediate family so we have no photos like you described.

You are going to need a lot of evidence for the consulate in Vietnam. When applying at the HCM consulate your case has to be squeeky clean or your fiance will not be walking out the door with a visa. First you should be prepared for a response from the CSC service center requesting more information if the only thing you sent in was one picture. The standards for proof of getting past the US service centers is far lower than that of any foreign consulatle, but I think they may even want more than one picture.

Going through the consulate is a much tougher deal though- by far. Your information is forwarded from the NVC to the HCM consulate, but they use very little of that to determine whether or not your fiance is going to be issued a visa. Remember that every case that goes through the HCM has been approved by the USCIS but probably less than 1/4 of the fiance's walk out with a pink slip after the first interview. Use the time between now and your fiance's interview to gather evidence. Keep everything- credit card receipts, phone records- start writing letters back and forth and save those. Most importantly, it sounds like you need to go back over there at least one more time and get some more pictures of you two together.

The good news is that you found VisaJourney early. Good luck!

Yes indeed and thanks for the additional comments. As I noted to Martindart - I think the fraudulent cases are raising the ante on what is reasonable evidence - a sort of cold war escalation. But I cant stop it, I can be prepared as you suggest. I wonder if the K-3 visas applications suffer the same abuse - I would guess so. From what I have read - the recommendation is for an RFE. Well if anything maybe my application is so naive that they believe it could not be done by some one with ulterior motives

Timeline
I wonder if the K-3 visas applications suffer the same abuse - I would guess so.

It doesn't really seem so. At least here on VJ, it is very rare for a K-3 or CR-1 visa to be put on A.R.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

02-July -04 NOA1

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

I read the timeline for Martindart. Lately the CSC has picked up pace, but maybe not for those waiting in the VN pipeline.

My finance does speak some limited English but in general we use VN. While I can write VN ( almost all email and chat ) , my pronounciation is poor- but my fiance can generally guess or we sort it out.

Is some form of test typical of the HCM office with guys who are obviously not native VN speakers ?

Thanks

If I were you, I would make a video of the two of you communicating with each other in your own methods. Have it ready at the interview in case you fiancee needs it. I did make such a video even though I'm a native Vietnamese that speaks and writes very good Vietnamese.

Timeline
I did make such a video even though I'm a native Vietnamese that speaks and writes very good Vietnamese.

You know all this time I never knew that.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

02-July -04 NOA1

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.