Meanderthal

Sadly separated, 2 Year coming up.. what to do?

55 posts in this topic

...Yawn...(to both)...I disagree with your points in their entirety, don't agree that you know anything about true, in practice, immigration issues (except to be able to google statutes) and I don't really think you have anything compelling to offer (at least to me). If anyone else decides to listen to your advice on immigration, relationships, cooking, or whatever else it is you're offering up today, well then that's their affair, but personally I would stay way clear. Anyone who has time to make 3500 posts on a visa bulletin board is certainly not going to win any awards for being as multi-dimensional a you claim to be. Finally, you should read some of your over 3500 posts before you start talking about just whom it is that is condescending. Just because you don't agree with a statement doesn't make it wrong or improper; or are you really claiming omnipotence? I stand by my original, supported, statements and advice, and reject, in its entirety, your self-serving and "made up out of whole cloth" arguments and suppositions, that are not based on "USCIS outlines" but your sole interpretation of them. Now that you state you were providing those "for members to review," you also admit that you are engaged in the unauthorized practice of law as I previously noted (with which you disagreed, stating you weren't proviing advice to anyone, which was a blatant falsity). I note your method of making up arguments, changing directions and just blatantly mischaracterizing the facts and/or statements made by others to suit your own purpose, which again, just makes you a member of the high school debate team (the Republican one) and really not as smart as you are trying to appear: your transparancy is evident to me, as it must be to many others...you will henceforth be ignored.

August 27, 2004 - - Married

09/07/04. Apply I-130 - (receipt date) (Day 1/NA/NA)

10/12/04. I-130 Approved - (Day 35/NA/NA)

10/16/04. NVC Receives Case (Day 39/Day 1/NA)

11/08/04. NVC Assigns Case Number (Day 62/Day 23/Day 1)

12/06/04. I-864 and IV fees sent out express (Day 88/Day 49/Day 26)

12/20/04. I-864 and DS-230 "generated" (Day 102/Day 63/Day 40)

01/07/05. I-864 and DS-230 sent express (Day 120/Day 81/Day 58)

01/10/05. I-864 and DS-230 Rec'd at NVC (Day 123/Day 84/Day 61)

01/12/05. NVC reports receipt of papers and begins entering information (Day 125/Day 86/Day 63)

01/14/05. System updated with "biographic forms received" message. (Day 127/Day 88/Day 65)

02/03/05. Case APPROVED and forwarded to EMBASSY! (Day 147/Day 108/Day 85)

02/10/05. Embassy receives case, interview appointment arranged via email for 03/03/05!

SUCCESS! VISA 'INTERVIEW' WITH NO QUESTIONS TO MY WIFE AT ALL COMPLETED ON 03-03-05. VISA IN HAND ON 03-04!!! DAY 175 (AFTER SENDING I-130) - DAY 136 (AFTER RECEIPT OF CASE AT NVC) - DAY 113 (AFTER ASSIGNMENT OF CASE NUMBER)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01/08/07. I-751 Mailed to TSC

01/11/07. Checks Cashed

01/22/07. I-797C Received. Green Card Extended 12 Months

02/08/07. Bimoetrics appointment (for 3/01) received

03/01/07. Biometrics Taken in Tampa

03/02/07. Online - Record - Updated (probably for biometrics)

06/04/07. Card Production Ordered (Allow 30 days for delivery)

06/11/07. 10 year card received.

NATURALIZATION

04/08/08. Filed application

08/01/01. Received Interview Date (September 25)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Other petitions (son petitioning for their mother) processed through the INS are given a 10 year green card. Why?? Because the relationship from mother to son does not change after two years.

What is the point of giving two year temporary green cards?. if that person can file on her own if she wants to after two years?

You are given a 10 year card if you are still together with the US citizen, if you still want to still to help that person to stay in the US out of the goodness of your heart, I guess that's your call. As someone said:

This proves the inadequacy and ridiculous nature of the system (like we need any more proof of that), and the fact that people should feel free to work around it if they so desire.

Filed: Timeline
...Yawn...(to both)...I disagree with your points in their entirety, don't agree that you know anything about true, in practice, immigration issues (except to be able to google statutes) and I don't really think you have anything compelling to offer (at least to me). If anyone else decides to listen to your advice on immigration, relationships, cooking, or whatever else it is you're offering up today, well then that's their affair, but personally I would stay way clear. Anyone who has time to make 3500 posts on a visa bulletin board is certainly not going to win any awards for being as multi-dimensional a you claim to be. Finally, you should read some of your over 3500 posts before you start talking about just whom it is that is condescending. Just because you don't agree with a statement doesn't make it wrong or improper; or are you really claiming omnipotence? I stand by my original, supported, statements and advice, and reject, in its entirety, your self-serving and "made up out of whole cloth" arguments and suppositions, that are not based on "USCIS outlines" but your sole interpretation of them. Now that you state you were providing those "for members to review," you also admit that you are engaged in the unauthorized practice of law as I previously noted (with which you disagreed, stating you weren't proviing advice to anyone, which was a blatant falsity). I note your method of making up arguments, changing directions and just blatantly mischaracterizing the facts and/or statements made by others to suit your own purpose, which again, just makes you a member of the high school debate team (the Republican one) and really not as smart as you are trying to appear: your transparancy is evident to me, as it must be to many others...you will henceforth be ignored.

Are you in real life an arrogant, self absorbed, pompous SOB that you portray yourself to be on this board? Glad to learn that you have taken your precious time to look over my 3500 posts to determine *what* type of person I am. Had you placed a small fraction of that same time into looking up the regulations and the subsequent memoranda from USCIS relating to that particular situation, we would not have even met in this thread.

Stop trying to contort my words, please. I've not once suggested in this thread or to the OP what he should or should not do. Unlike you, who not only told him what to do, but thereafter, for all intents and purposes, declared that if he snuck under the radar of what consequence would that be. I think, if memory serves me well, the comment "how would they know" implies that it might be something they shouldn't find out.

Interesting how you like to colour things to suit your argument. But the fact is that I have not offered any advice to the OP here at all. I have been engaged in a reparté with you, as fruitless as it has been. My comments have been directed to you. By the way, does your malpractice insurance cover your activities on an immigration newsgroup? I am interpretting a memo? Actually, I cut and paste it verbatim, but really, how much interpretation is required, it is in clear English, a language which is native to me. I don't believe the memo requires anything more than simple reading comprehension.

Here's what I said

I simply offered the recommendations outlined by USCIS (the source) for members to review. If that's not a viable tool to consult, outside of consultation with a competent immigration attorney, which is always advised, then I dont know what it is you are looking for. 'Nough said?

So, are you not a member? It was provided to show that what YOU had advised (yeah...let me call it what it was, instead of dealing in euphemisms to protect your licence to practice) him to do was against that which has been published as policy.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

YES IT DOES HAPPEN PEOPLE MARRY AMERICANS TO GET TO AMERICA NOT TO SAY THAT EVERY RELATIONSHIP ON HERE THAT ENDS IN DIVORCE IS FROM A PERSON USING A AMERICAN BUT IF YOU MARRY SOMEONE FIGHT AND PLAY THE IMMIGRATION GAMES THAN HAVE YOUR WIFE TELL YOU SHE DOES NOT WANT TO BE WITH YOU SEND HER PACKING ALL THE WAY HOME

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Guatemala

2006-04-25 I-130 Sent

2006-05-10 I-130 NOA1

2006-05-10 I-130 sent to CSC

2006-08-16 I-130 Approved

I-130 was approved in 113 days.

2006-08-24 NVC Received

2006-09-06 DS-3032 / I-864 Bill generated

2006-09-06 Pay I-864 Bill (using self generated form)

2006-09-06 Wife sent 3032 email

2006-09-11 choice of agent excepted

2006-09-13 Aos bill prossesed

2006-09-18 IV bill generated

2006-09-18 I-864 generated

2006-09-18 I-864 sent using self generated forms

2006-09-19 I-864 recived by NVC

2006-09-22 IV bill arrived

2006-09-23 IV bill sent

2006-09-26 IV bill recived

2006-10-02 DS-230 Generated

2006-10-02 DS-230 Sent

2006-10-04 DS-230 NVC Recived DS-230

2006-10-31 Case approved adios NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

QUOTE(japau @ Sep 24 2006, 11:53 AM) *

"This proves the inadequacy and ridiculous nature of the system (like we need any more proof of that), and the fact that people should feel free to work around it if they so desire. "

You, who claim to be an attorbey, suggest that people feel free to work around the laws if they don't like them? Please tell me what type of law you are supposed to be practising and where - I want to make sure I never hire you for any of my legal requirements. I seriously wonder if someone should be forwarding these comments on to any of the State Bar Associations . . . surely, an attorney who suggests ignoring 'inconvenient' laws would be of interest to them.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

...another brain surgeon...read below...all the way down at the bottom there...under DISCLAIMER...Hey, I have an idea! Maybe the Visa Journey Bar Association (which also apparently is known as the "Dr. Phil Relationship Association" and "Julia Child Cooking Association" and all the other things people seem to be "experts" on here) should know! Good thing about that is no one is a lawyer in that one - they all just apparently "play one on television!" Ha!

Edited by japau

August 27, 2004 - - Married

09/07/04. Apply I-130 - (receipt date) (Day 1/NA/NA)

10/12/04. I-130 Approved - (Day 35/NA/NA)

10/16/04. NVC Receives Case (Day 39/Day 1/NA)

11/08/04. NVC Assigns Case Number (Day 62/Day 23/Day 1)

12/06/04. I-864 and IV fees sent out express (Day 88/Day 49/Day 26)

12/20/04. I-864 and DS-230 "generated" (Day 102/Day 63/Day 40)

01/07/05. I-864 and DS-230 sent express (Day 120/Day 81/Day 58)

01/10/05. I-864 and DS-230 Rec'd at NVC (Day 123/Day 84/Day 61)

01/12/05. NVC reports receipt of papers and begins entering information (Day 125/Day 86/Day 63)

01/14/05. System updated with "biographic forms received" message. (Day 127/Day 88/Day 65)

02/03/05. Case APPROVED and forwarded to EMBASSY! (Day 147/Day 108/Day 85)

02/10/05. Embassy receives case, interview appointment arranged via email for 03/03/05!

SUCCESS! VISA 'INTERVIEW' WITH NO QUESTIONS TO MY WIFE AT ALL COMPLETED ON 03-03-05. VISA IN HAND ON 03-04!!! DAY 175 (AFTER SENDING I-130) - DAY 136 (AFTER RECEIPT OF CASE AT NVC) - DAY 113 (AFTER ASSIGNMENT OF CASE NUMBER)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01/08/07. I-751 Mailed to TSC

01/11/07. Checks Cashed

01/22/07. I-797C Received. Green Card Extended 12 Months

02/08/07. Bimoetrics appointment (for 3/01) received

03/01/07. Biometrics Taken in Tampa

03/02/07. Online - Record - Updated (probably for biometrics)

06/04/07. Card Production Ordered (Allow 30 days for delivery)

06/11/07. 10 year card received.

NATURALIZATION

04/08/08. Filed application

08/01/01. Received Interview Date (September 25)

Oh, and he has a sense of humor too. How refreshing.

Honestly, you are unbelievable.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

"Nyah Nya Nya Nyah Nyah Sticks and stones . . . "

Ok, I'm bored now too. Time to move back to the adult world of intelligent conversation and leave this individual to bask in the false glory of his own self-importance.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

my attorney told me that they are cracking down on these cases. I have no idea if she know what she is talking about or not. My wife left me after filing her I 171 and I am nervous because I am wondering if I should report this. The application is bogus as it stands now.. I dont want to get in any trouble... Im sure they will let her stay even though it is obvious to me from the way she has acted that she took me for a ride.

I will get right to the point here... my wife left me in May. Her 2-year will be up in February. Although I have been desperately trying to reconcile things and get her back, she says she is happy and has no desire to. Although everyone I have asked, including an immigration counselor, says I should just get the divorce and let her deal with it; I am reluctant to do so. Both because I would hate to see her get deported over something that could happen to anyone, and I still hope we can get back together someday.

So my question is, would it be wise to just stay separated, file the I-751 jointly with all the proof, and just be up-front in the interview? Or get the divorce and let her just file the waiver? It would be nice if we could just submit all the proof documents and not have to interview. We have a joint bank account, taxes for 2005, an apartment lease together, she's on my insurance, and car insurance. I could probably get some friends to sign affidavits, but I doubt my mother would she's pretty po'ed at her right now :blink:

my attorney told me that they are cracking down on these cases. I have no idea if she know what she is talking about or not. My wife left me after filing her I 171 and I am nervous because I am wondering if I should report this. The application is bogus as it stands now.. I dont want to get in any trouble... Im sure they will let her stay even though it is obvious to me from the way she has acted that she took me for a ride.

Why do you think you will get into trouble?

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

...another brain surgeon...read below...all the way down at the bottom there...under DISCLAIMER...Hey, I have an idea! Maybe the Visa Journey Bar Association (which also apparently is known as the "Dr. Phil Relationship Association" and "Julia Child Cooking Association" and all the other things people seem to be "experts" on here) should know! Good thing about that is no one is a lawyer in that one - they all just apparently "play one on television!" Ha!

My guess if that you are a criminal defense lawyer. :lol:

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

My guess if that you are a criminal defense lawyer. :lol:

I'd say 'brain surgeon'.

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

:pop:

Madame Mermaid, I'm surprised you're even bothering with this jackass anymore. :mellow:

Didn't take long for him to establish himself as one, did it?

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.