JGK

IRS form 1722

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello, I just rec'd the letter to appear for the naturalization interview(form I-797C, Notice of action)- attached was form N-659, Naturalization Interview Document Check List, item 3.D reads "an original Internal Revenue Service Form 1722 listing tax information for the past three years (call IRS toll-free at 1-800-829-1040) - what's a 1722? I called the number and there is no reference to a form 1722 - any help will we appreciated,thank you!

Hello, I just rec'd the letter to appear for the naturalization interview(form I-797C, Notice of action)- attached was form N-659, Naturalization Interview Document Check List, item 3.D reads "an original Internal Revenue Service Form 1722 listing tax information for the past three years (call IRS toll-free at 1-800-829-1040) - what's a 1722? I called the number and there is no reference to a form 1722 - any help will we appreciated,thank you!

A 1722 letter is verification from the IRS that you did not file a tax return for a particular year. Check the IRS website for more information and how to order your tax transcripts.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I have filed every year since I moved here and I've already ordered my 2007 through 2010 transcripts for my removal of conditions/N-400 - are the transcripts enough in this case?

I have filed every year since I moved here and I've already ordered my 2007 through 2010 transcripts for my removal of conditions/N-400 - are the transcripts enough in this case?

Having the formal tax transcripts should be OK.

• 10 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello.... I'm going through this process and was able to talk to the IRS... Form 1722 is no longer in use. Transcripts is what they use now. IRS only keeps current plus three years back... but I'm being asked for 5 years of taxes... were you able to get by with only for years of filed taxes and actual calender year whitholdings ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.